Author Topic: New Laws Force Companies to Hire More Minorities with Criminal Records  (Read 306 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
unbelievable

New Laws Force Companies to Hire More Minorities with Criminal Records

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s guidelines warn businesses about rejecting minority applicants who have committed a crime and recommend they eliminate policies that “exclude people from employment based on a criminal record.”

The EEOC says civil rights laws already prohibit different treatment for job applicants who are of a different ethnic background but have identical criminal histories. The update was issued out of concern that employers might disproportionally exclude minorities from getting hired because more African Americans and Hispanics are getting arrested and going to prison, according to the guideline report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/23/new-fed-guidelines-spark-biz-concerns-about-using-background-check-applicants/
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
Re: New Laws Force Companies to Hire More Minorities with Criminal Records
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 07:45:18 PM »
This proves what I said in the other thread:  The United States is sliding down, down, down.  This is just so pathetic.  Certain minorities (heck, I'm Jewish and therefore a minority myself!) have us cowered and afraid.  For some reason, our backbones are made of jelly.  Let's make sure that we force ourselves to hire murderers and rapists so that certain minorities can meet the quota that they tell us we should have.  Even MLK said to judge people on their character.  I guess that's out the window now.  Character obviously means nothing.  Pathetic.