Author Topic: Could Israel be destroyed?  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Mein Koran

• Senior JTFer
Could Israel be destroyed?
« on: February 28, 2013, 06:04:31 AM »
I am wondering if, according to the Torah, it is possible for moder-day Israel to be destroyed?
Islam is retarded - Geert Wilders, peace be upon him

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
Re: Could Israel be destroyed?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 06:48:49 AM »
I am wondering if, according to the Torah, it is possible for moder-day Israel to be destroyed?
Everything can be destroyed, but i don't think Israel will let it happen.
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 08:05:59 AM »
Nope. God won't let that happen.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 08:06:42 AM »
And I was wondering, why do you post another topic on-edge, just like "Muhammad was a self-hating Jew?" And I wonder that due to my analytical-psychological skills which tells me this topic could be double-faced, double-dealing....

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 09:01:57 AM »
I don't believe that Israel will ever be completely destroyed.

Offline Mein Koran

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 09:07:14 AM »
And I was wondering, why do you post another topic on-edge, just like "Muhammad was a self-hating Jew?" And I wonder that due to my analytical-psychological skills which tells me this topic could be double-faced, double-dealing....

I only ask because I was reading the "issues" section on the main page and it seemed like Israel was in genuine danger of being destroyed, I wanted to know if that was possible according to the torah or not

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 12:45:37 PM »
1. Muhammad was a self-hating Jew 
   Started by Exmuslim« 1 2 3»

2. Could Israel be destroyed?
    Started by Exmuslim

3. Meir Kahane wear a kippah?
    Started by Exmuslim

Exmuslim
Junior JTFer

I know its a strange question but in all the pictures and interviews of Meir Kahane that I've seen he doesnt appear to be wearing a    kippah. Why is this?

Re: Muhammad was a self-hating Jew
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 07:54:48 PM »

Exmuslim
Junior JTFer

I thik its very intresting that all the biggest enemied of Jews were self-hating Jews. Lenin, Hitler, and Muhammad

Exmuslim,

I don't think it is necessary to go further with YOUR posts. I will finish it with a saying: "more than meets the eye"
In this case, your posts and topics you have started seem double-tounged and ambiguous. IMO you are making provocations in a cunning, shrewd way so they don't appear as what thay are-provocations. I doubt my analysis are incorrect.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 12:48:22 PM »

I kinda agree here with Lady 10.  While we welcome diverse topics... this is the second very questionable... borderline trollish post from you.

Offline Michael Kleiner

• New JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 01:16:37 PM »
G-d promised in His Torah that the Jews as a people will never be destroyed.  However, G-d never promised that the current State of Israel will never be destroyed. 

Offline Mein Koran

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 02:24:05 PM »
G-d promised in His Torah that the Jews as a people will never be destroyed.  However, G-d never promised that the current State of Israel will never be destroyed.

Thank you that's all I wanted to know.

Offline Mein Koran

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 02:30:19 PM »

So what I want to understand is: what point is there is worrying? Won't god just work everything out for Israel without our help? Or is there some kind of punishment for not working to carry out God's will?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 03:32:27 PM »
So what I want to understand is: what point is there is worrying? Won't god just work everything out for Israel without our help? Or is there some kind of punishment for not working to carry out God's will?

We must make the effort, and G-d will make it happen.... We don't rely on miracles...

http://www.aish.com/h/c/t/dt/48964181.html

Neat story in many regards. Vinegar burning like oil -- an open miracle! There is an important question however, that begs an answer. Jewish philosophy has a general rule of "not relying on miracles to occur." As the Talmud explains, a person should never place himself in a dangerous situation (bungee jumping comes to mind, or perhaps negotiating an LA freeway) and say, "I'm not worried, God will save me miraculously."

Why not? Because God may not ride in to your rescue! And even if you do merit Divine intervention, you will still have to foot the bill by "paying" for your miracle -- by having merits deducted from your account at the "In God We Trust" celestial credit union.

We, the Jewish people, are in a partnership with Hashem. We MUST do our Hishtadlut (Work in this world) and he will provide us the strength and power to accomplish our goals. When we make HIS goals our goals, we then merit his divine providence.

http://www.aish.com/tp/i/m/48966061.html

Blood, Sweat and Tears
by Rabbi Noson Weisz

Parshat Shlach, a record of the tragic story of the spies, revolves around a concept that has no counterpart in secular culture. As the concept does not exist, there is no word in the vocabulary of the English language that encapsulates it. The concept is called hishtadlut in Hebrew, and although we shall loosely translate it as "effort," bear in mind in the succeeding discussion that we are dealing with an entirely novel cultural concept.

One of the most difficult and confusing problems that every believer in Divine Providence must confront is the determination of the proper measure of hishtadlut or effort that must be applied to life situations.

The believer walks around with the firm conviction that all effort is futile in a sense. He is taught that "everything is in the hands of God except for the fear of God" (Talmud, Brochot, 33b). Even the level of each person's income is set on Rosh Hashana till the following Rosh Hashana (Talmud, Baba Batra, 10a).

The need to expend the effort to bring about the foreordained result is presented by the Torah as a curse:

Accursed is the ground because of you; through suffering shall you eat of it all the days of your life ... By the sweat of your brow shall you eat bread until you return to the ground from which you were taken. (Genesis 3:17-19)

Man's bread comes from God in any case and does not grow out of his application of effort. It was man's sin that brought the curse of effort down on his head. While no one can escape this curse entirely as long as our present world endures, it is obvious that it would be the act of an idiot to voluntarily subject oneself to a curse more than is absolutely mandatory.

JUST SHORT OF MIRACULOUS

According to Rabbi Dessler, Rav Shmuel of Salant, one of the early luminaries of the Mussar Movement defined this minimum point of absolute necessity as the duty to live just short of miraculously. He made his living by purchasing lottery tickets. He would occasionally win modest sums which sufficed to provide him with his livelihood. His theory: this was a legitimate sort of effort permissible under the terms of the curse as it allowed the person observing his life from the outside a choice: 1) the observer (if he was a believer) could conclude that Rav Shmuel was living miraculously or 2) the obsever (if he wasn't a believer) could attribute Rav Shmuel's small periodic windfalls to luck or to chance.

But Rav Shmuel is hardly typical of the norm even for the greatest holy men, tzadikim. Universal Jewish custom has always been to engage in some sort of commercial enterprise no matter how modest. Thus the sage Hillel made his living as a wood chopper (Talmud Yuma 35b), and we find rabbis in the Talmud who were shoemakers or blacksmiths etc.

Illustrative of the rabbinic attitude toward this entire issue of effort is the well known statement of Rav to Rabbi Kahana, "hire yourself out in the market to skin carcasses and never say 'I am a great talmudic scholar [so how can I engage in an activity that is so beneath my dignity]'" (Talmud Baba Basra 110a).

Of course, today the curse of Adam appears to have greatly expanded. Very religious people, whose lives are genuinely focused around their Divine service are working full time as businessmen or professionals so that they have only an hour or two available in their day to devote to the study of Torah and prayer. Does this make sense? What is the correct measure of effort? How can we go about solving this very complex question intelligently?

Careful analysis reveals that the amount of hishtadlut necessary varies according to the measure of bitachon --one's trust in God, another Jewish idea that is very difficult to translate into secular vocabulary.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 03:41:14 PM »
Regarding your origin inquiry:

I believe that the Jewish people are eternal. The 'Jewish State' today however does not have this eternal nature because at this time we don't have the Kingdom of Hashem on earth which will be revealed when we have Moshiach. We do believe that once the Third Temple is erected (when Moshiach comes) it will last till the end of days and never again be destroyed. Unfortunately todays so-called 'Geulah' is incomplete without the holy nature of the Jewish state restored. Todays secular Israel state is far from Holy...

See : http://m.chabad.org/m/article_cdo/aid/539850

http://www.chabad.org/kabbalah/article_cdo/aid/380303/jewish/Modern-Physics-and-the-Shamir.htm
It is the dream of all Jews to assist in building the Third (and final) Temple. To do so, the stones must be carved. But would we be doing this in the same way as King Solomon did, or would we just be building an edifice? An essential element in Solomon's construction of the Temple was the miraculous shamir stonecutter. In instructing us how to make the permanent altar to G-d, the Torah says, "do not build it out of cut stone" (Ex. 20:22). Rashi comments on this verse that iron, the material of deadly weapons, should not be used to shape the stones of the Temple, the essence of which is peace.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Mein Koran

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 04:08:43 PM »
Very helpful Muman, thank you

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 04:15:47 PM »
My answer is Gd forbid any catastrophic thing would take place on Jews and Israelis ever again. The Jewish people will never disappear but all other powerful evil nations will disappear along their histories.

Modern day Israel will physically exist, but the non Torah secular state will disappear either by force, detrement of a horrible war, or preferably peaceful gradual change (which is what jtf would rather have.  We don't want dead Jews and Israelis to lead to the Torah state). And that answers the second question. Gd will save us and help us, but better that we die trying to save ourselves than to simply do nothing about it.  Wouldn't you rather fight for survival rather than be slaughtered like sheep?  Didn't think so. 
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 04:19:04 PM »
I agree Dr Dan...

Most religious Zionists believe that todays state is a 1st step toward the 'geulah'/redemption. We would like to see a gradual change of more observance by the Jewish population in Israel, not through coercion but through genuine teshuva/return of the nation of Israel.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 04:22:27 PM »
http://www.isralight.org/assets/Text/RSS_pesach05.html

Rabbi Abraham Isaac HaCohen Kook, in his epic work Orot, wrote:

“HaGeula nimshechet hi v’holechet. Geulat Mitzrayim, v’Geulat haatid hashleima hi peulat achat she’eina poseket, peulat hayad hachazaka, vhazeroa netuya, asher hechela bemitzrayim, v’hi poelet et peuloteha b’chol hamesibot...”

“The redemption continues and is on­going. The redemption from Egypt and the complete redemption of the future are one unending action: the action of G­d’s ‘strong hand and outstretched arm,’ which began in Egypt and continues to work through all eventualities...”

According to Rav Kook, the process of Geula, of the redemption of Israel, is an on­going process, a work in progress that began with the exodus from Egypt, and as the Sefat Emet explained weaves its path throughout the many trials and tribulations of Jewish History, as part of that on­going journey to our destiny, the complete redemption of the future. Thus on the Seder night as the matza lies broken before us, and the afikoman is hidden away for the conclusion of the Seder yet to come, we celebrate that the process of Geula is well underway. Throughout Jewish History, even during periods of great anguish, when things seemed so broken like the matza that lies on the table before us, Jews have gathered to recall that the process which began with Yetziat Mitzrayim is a work in progress

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 04:29:12 PM »
Rav Kook Wrote a lot on the coming of the redemption, he was in Israel just before the secular state was established in 1948...

http://ravkooktorah.org/YOM_ATZMAUT_68.htm

Sacred Roots

Despite the current secular nature of Zionism, the return to Eretz Yisrael in recent times was first promoted by great tzaddikim — starting with the disciples of the Gaon of Vilna and the Baal Shem Tov — and Zionism derives its spiritual nourishment from these holy roots.

"[It was] the lofty righteous of previous generations who ignited a holy inner fire, a burning love for the holiness of Eretz Yisrael in the hearts of God's people. Due to their efforts, individuals gathered in the desolate land, until significant areas became a garden of Eden, and a large and important community of the entire people of Israel has settled in our holy land....

"Recently, however, the pious and great scholars have gradually abandoned the enterprise of settling the Holy Land.... This holy work has been appropriated by those lacking in [Torah] knowledge and good deeds.... Nonetheless, we see that the [secularists'] dedication in deed and action is nourished from the initial efforts of true tzaddikim, who kindled the holy desire to rebuild the Holy Land and return our exiles there."

Breaking of the Vessels

For Rav Kook, the fall of Zionism into the hands of the secularists was a form of shevirat keilim, reminiscent of the Kabbalistic 'breaking of vessels' that occurred when the universe was created. The original light and holiness was simply too great to be contained within the limitations of the physical vessels; and it is our task to return these fallen sparks to their elevated source.

But why did the return to the land of Israel need to be appropriated by a secular nationalist movement? Rav Kook attempted to solve this riddle by noting certain qualities lacking in religious circles:

"The fundamental moral force hidden in [the Zionist movement] ... is its motto, 'the entire nation.' This nationalism proclaims... that it seeks to redeem the entire Jewish people. It does not concern itself with individuals or parties or sectors.... And with this perspective, it reaches out to the land of Israel and the love of Zion with a remarkable bravery and courage.

"It is clear that we cannot confront this adversary if we lack the same noble sense of responsibility that speaks in the name of the entire nation, all of Israel. We may not distinguish and divide. We may not say, 'This one is one of ours so we will take care of him, but not that one.' ... [We must] care in our hearts and souls for the good of the entire nation and its redemption, in the most inclusive way possible."

Additionally, Rav Kook explained that the pre-Messianic era requires a more practical, down-to-earth orientation, so that the Jewish people may return to their land as a healthy, balanced nation, after centuries of detached statelessness in exile.

"We have a tradition [see Sotah 49b] that there will be a spiritual revolt of the Jewish people in Eretz Yisrael during the initial period of national revival.... The aspirations for lofty and holy ideals will cease and the nation's spirit will sink.... The necessity for this revolt will be the tendency for materialism, which must be powerfully generated in the entire nation after the passage of so many years in which the need and availability of material pursuits were completely absent. When born, this proclivity will trample angrily and stir up storms; these are the birth pangs of the Messianic era." (Orot HaTechiyah sec. 44, p. 84)

However, secular Zionism can only bring about the material rebuilding of the Jewish people in their homeland. The nation's complete renewal will only come about when Zionism is restored to its original holiness.

"Secular nationalism may be defiled with much defilement, concealing many evil spirits. But we will not succeed by trying to expel this movement from the nation's soul. Rather we must energetically return it to its elevated source and combine it with the original holiness from which it emanates." (Orot HaTechiyah sec. 22, p. 75)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 04:34:14 PM »
Not exactly related to the topic, but it would be helpful to learn about the great Rabbi Kook from this video documentary...

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 04:41:52 PM »
1. Muhammad was a self-hating Jew 
   Started by Exmuslim« 1 2 3»

2. Could Israel be destroyed?
    Started by Exmuslim

3. Meir Kahane wear a kippah?
    Started by Exmuslim

Exmuslim
Junior JTFer

I know its a strange question but in all the pictures and interviews of Meir Kahane that I've seen he doesnt appear to be wearing a    kippah. Why is this?

Re: Muhammad was a self-hating Jew
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 07:54:48 PM »

Exmuslim
Junior JTFer

I thik its very intresting that all the biggest enemied of Jews were self-hating Jews. Lenin, Hitler, and Muhammad

Exmuslim,

I don't think it is necessary to go further with YOUR posts. I will finish it with a saying: "more than meets the eye"
In this case, your posts and topics you have started seem double-tounged and ambiguous. IMO you are making provocations in a cunning, shrewd way so they don't appear as what thay are-provocations. I doubt my analysis are incorrect.

Maybe he's a loose cannon like me.
Although I'm completely out of focus.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 04:54:40 PM »
I don't believe that Israel will ever be completely destroyed.

Exactly.
The land of Israel has not ceased to exist.

True, it can come under attack, although.  But, I believe there are enough religious and g-d fearing Jews in Israel to call the whole of the nation to complete repentance Teshuvah.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 05:25:59 PM »
Yes, EM sure likes to post provocative topics.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 06:26:01 PM »
I agree Dr Dan...

Most religious Zionists believe that todays state is a 1st step toward the 'geulah'/redemption. We would like to see a gradual change of more observance by the Jewish population in Israel, not through coercion but through genuine teshuva/return of the nation of Israel.

Because it would be an act of free will and not associated with Gdly reward or punishment.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 06:27:53 PM »
If EM were a troll he or she hasn't done anything to warrant a banning. So just go along with the topics EM posts and lets show him or her what we are made of.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 01:29:57 AM »
"Could" implies something happening "within the realm of possibility."  So "Could Israel be destroyed?"  I say yes, it "could."  For examples, if we sit back and do nothing while our MORTAL enemies get nuclear bombs, then the possibility becomes greater.  Not too great -- but greater.  I wonder what the response would be to the following question had it been asked in, say, 1935:  "Could most of the Jews in Europe be rounded up and tortured and slaughtered?"  Remember this:  "Man proposes and G-d disposes."