Author Topic: <removed useless post>  (Read 976 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
<removed useless post>
« on: March 05, 2013, 09:14:47 PM »
<removed useless post>
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:09:22 PM by 112 »
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: The Ghoul
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:19:53 PM »
Welcome back buddy!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 09:26:11 PM »
¿¿??
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 09:30:27 PM »
Just don't let the ghoul
Knock you off your stool
For sure you may drool
When acting like a mule

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 09:45:12 PM »
A ghoul is an imaginary creature that cannibalizes the corpses of men. Hope is the ghoul.

what if he is a real person who imagines cannibalising  women?
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57572552-504083/gilberto-valle-trial-update-defense-scheduled-to-begin-in-n.y--cannibal-cop-trial/

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 10:27:54 PM »
I do not believe hope is a ghoul, as long as we have hope in HaShem! If hope is a ghoul, who cares if it eats your body, the sooner you'll be in the next World.

Do you have a plan?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 11:05:24 PM »

You are sounding depressed. I am sorry for that. But you must not allow your hope to be 'cannibalized'. I disagree strongly that hope is a ghoul. I have seen miracles in my life, and I know others who also can explain the miracles they have witnessed.

It is also true that there is great challenge, great opposition, and a lot of mixed messages in the world which make it hard for a person to have hope. You know that your hope is the one thing that nobody can take away from you. Only if a person suffers depression will he or she lose hope. I have dealt with a bipolar personality and believe me it is difficult. It takes a lot of patience and a lot of hope on my part. But through faith and trust we can hope, and strengthen the hope of those around us.

Nobody is going to solve all the worlds problems in our lifetime. Do your best, make a good effort, and the rest is up to Hashem. I was going to comment on something Chaim said on the Ask JTF show concerning doing our part. We cannot believe that reward for righteous people happens in this world. We witness the righteous suffering all the time, and even we see the wicked prospering in our faces. This world we live in is not the Eternal world and without this belief, this trust, this faith, we would not be able to accomplish all we (the Jewish people, believers) have accomplished.

I hope you snap out of this depression because it is not good for the soul...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 11:08:17 PM »
I hope you find this information interesting :

http://www.torah.org/learning/pirkei-avos/chapter2-21.html

Our Problems, G-d's Problems
By Rabbi Dovid Rosenfeld

"He [Rabbi Tarfon] used to say: It is not upon you to complete the task, but you are not free to idle from it. If you have learned much Torah, you will be given much reward. And faithful is your Employer that He will reward you for your labor. And know that the reward of the righteous will be in the World to Come."

This mishna closely resembles the previous, also authored by R. Tarfon. Last week we learned: "The day is short, the work is great, the workers are lazy, the reward is great, and the Master of the house presses." We were given a sense of the urgency of life. Here too, R. Tarfon discusses the enormity of the tasks to be performed and the magnitude of Divine reward. Yet our mishna introduces a number of new ideas, and as we will see, a much broader and profounder image of life will emerge.

This week R. Tarfon tells us that it is not upon us to complete the task. He also states that G-d is "faithful" to reward us -- and that that reward may come only in the World to Come. I believe last week R. Tarfon was offering us a personal or individualistic outlook on life. We must see life as an ongoing procession of challenges and opportunities. There is much work to be done and much reward to be earned. The stakes are very high. Our lives should be one of boldly and eagerly rising to the many challenges before us.

Here R. Tarfon views life from a broader perspective -- not the personal but the global one. It is true that we must work hard and accomplish mightily. There are very few of us who could not change the world for the better if we had only the vision and the drive. Yet we must not feel it all rests on our shoulders: the task is not ours to complete. We must make the effort, but whether or not our efforts will be successful is in the hands of G-d. We do our part -- we are not free to idle -- yet we rest assured that G-d is the ultimate arbiter of what is and what is not accomplished in this world. And if we are not successful, it is beyond our control, and most importantly: it is not our problem.

For this reason, our mishna seems to almost de-emphasize reward -- stating that we must be patient about it and not necessarily expect it in this world. Viewing the world from our own perspective, we might have expected that if we work so hard, we will enjoy the fruits of our labor. We would expect our deeds to make the world a visibly better place, and that the rewards which are our due be handed to us on a silver platter.

However, R. Tarfon, from the grander perspective of this mishna, warns us otherwise. We do our part, but we must accept that from our limited perspective we may not so quickly see the results. The gears of this world churn exceedingly slow. G-d has His plan and the world will certainly reach its zenith, but the march towards that goal may not even be perceptible to us. Many lifetimes may go by before we see the world move ahead. Many world events from our perspective may seem to be moving the world backwards rather than forwards. For we must simply accept that just as our own tasks are beyond our ability to control and complete, the results of our labor may be beyond our ability to comprehend. Every good deed brings the world forward -- that we know for certain -- but how precisely we may never know.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 11:15:05 PM »

Chaim is a personality, some people like him, others don't. But Chaim is a voice of reason and what ever he puts his efforts to should succeed. I am sorry that people you spoke to were not inclined to listen to Chaims message. But it depends on how you present the message to the people you know. Must like Rabbi Kahane's personality was either liked or despised, so too any Jew who stands up for these principles will have Jewish detractors.

In my community I have slowly and surely let my opinions, those I learn and explore here at JTF, be known. And over time I have seen my Israeli political leanings rubbing off on former liberal leftists. I cannot say that I am personally responsible for this, but at times I feel that without me they may have remained on the left on many issues. Even today they are not as 'right-wing' as I am on certain issues.

But please reconsider whether you have hope that Chaim's and JTF's message can become more popular. I am very disappointed that you consider this a reason to be so depressed.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 01:45:23 AM »

You may have heard this before but I will say it again.

Things have been much worse in the world long before you or I were born. I cannot imagine how horrible things were 2000 years ago, the barbarianism and the low moral standards of the world. I see the progress which, as you said has a double-edge characteristic, has given us the ability to do wonders. One of the messages of the story of the Garden of Eden is the tree of knowledge of good and evil... This is, in my understanding, what this world is all about.

All the preparing for the end wont save you if it's your time to go. No doubt we must protect ourselves and our families, but we should not be obsessed about the 'end of the world'. Judaism doesn't stress about it because we believe that Moshiach will come, even when it seems there is no hope.

I am sorry if I suggested you were depressed, but from your last couple of messages I was concerned.

Basically I want you to hold onto hope, or as we prefer to call it in Hebrew 'Emmunah' or faith. I will bring some examples of how important, from the Jewish perspective, this Emmunah is....

http://www.torah.org/learning/ravfrand/5771/toldos.html

The Talmud states [Brachos 10a] "Even if a sharp sword is placed against the neck of a person, he should not abandon hope for mercy." Even in such a crisis, a person should not give up hope, but should pray to the Almighty. The Talmud proves this idea by citing the fact that when Dovid HaMelech [King David] came onto the location that was supposed to be his future capital (Yerushalayim) and saw the image of an angel there with an outstretched sword, he could have come to the conclusion that the situation was hopeless. Nevertheless, he prayed.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 02:23:03 AM »
I am sorry you don't understand this.

G-d doesn't want you to stress about the future. This is one reason the Torah clearly forbids us from trying to predict the future through divination and astrology. We must do our active work which I believe Kahanism clearly tells us we must be pro-active and arm ourselves, and fight the good fight.... But we should not become overly worried about the state of the world.

When you believe that the redemption can come at the drop of a pin you realize that all the worrying was not worth it. The Torah wants us to learn that just as in Egypt when Moses first confronted Pharoah, the work got harder for the Israelis, and they complained greatly from the load... But redemption was right around the corner.

I hope you can see that what happened in the past cannot be changed. Jewish history has shown that there is a time for zealotry, and then again there is a time when zealotry can create more problems than before. Playing Monday-Morning Quarterback doesn't do us any good. We must learn from Rabbi Kahane, and move on, and inspire others with his message.