Author Topic: New pope is pro-Israel :)  (Read 6789 times)

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
Re: New pope is pro-Israel :)
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 08:58:12 PM »
Portuguese inquisitors were ultimately driven out of Goa, but in relatively much peaceful way unfortunately.
Orthodox Christians of India were persecuted by Portuguese occupiers and stories are horrific.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 09:03:09 PM »
The Portuguese then tried to bring the Indian Orthodox Church under the roman papacy and to Latinize its rituals.
The Indian Christians vehemently opposed this,the Portuguese retaliated by burning our churches,destroying ancient manuscripts and documents,and imprisoning our leaders and priests.
They treated our priests and bishops with utmost disrespect and they are said to have insulted them by pulling at their beards and making fun of them..
They killed our priests and bishops.

"The Portuguese not only persecuted and killed all the bishops as they came from Antioch but their metran .... ..... And those Syrians who opposed his designs were persecuted and put to death." ("The Syrian Christians of Malabar" p.23
---texts of H. H. Meyers, Benjamin George Wilkinson, Ph. D

"The first Syrian prelate who was brought into antagonism with Rome, expiated his want of courage in the dungeons of the Inquisition. The second shared the same fate. A third whose sufferings are more worthy of consideration, died after much trial and tribulation in his diocese, denying the Pope's supremacy till the last." ("Christianity in India" p.24 by Kayes)

In 1653,a syriac bishop who was coming to India at the invitation of the Indian Orthodox Church was captured by the Portuguese and was murdered in cold blood under orders from Archbishop Menezes of Goa.
(Goa was the base of the portuguese colonialists in india)
This was too much,and a boiling point of anger against Rome had reached.

The enraged St.Thomas christians assembled by the thousands at a place called Mattancherry and gathered round a cross there.
They took an oath that day--"We or our descendants to come in the ages,will have nothing to do with the Church of Rome or its Pope"
This Oath is now famously known as the "Coonan Cross Oath".
They resolved to preserve the faith and autonomy of their Church and to elect its head. Accordingly, Archdeacon Thomas was raised to the title of Mar Thoma, the first in the long line up to Mar Thoma IX till 1816.
At the request of the Thomas Christians, the bishop, Mar Gregorios of Jerusalem came to India in 1664, confirmed the episcopal consecration of Mar Thoma I as the head of the Orthodox Church in India. The Antiochan Patriarch had come forward to help the Indian church in its moment of need.

This was a new age for the Indian Orthodox Church,it now had renewed contacts with other christian churches.

And by the blessings of St.Thomas,the Portuguese were soon ousted from India by the Dutch..the Dutch were a far more civilised and cultured people and even tried to help the Indian church in many ways,.though they were a protestant people.
Today,as a reminder of the Portuguese persecutions,there are two small eastern catholic rites(syro-malabar & syro-malankara) in india who left from our Mother Church.There are also some latin catholics on the coastal regions.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2013, 09:40:52 AM »
When they were choosing the last pope (Benedict) around 2004 I got a new cat... That cat is named 'Popey' to this day...

:::D

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2013, 05:55:42 PM »
This is what some people "said" about new Pope, I don't know what is the Religion of the Authors who made these calculations:

"New Pope Elected on 03/13/13

13 x 13 x 3 = 507

13 x 13 + 3= 172

507 + 172=679

679 - 13 = 666

Pope was elected at 07:06pm = 13

Pope is 76 years old. 7+6 = 13
"

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2013, 06:11:20 PM »
Orthodox Christians of India were persecuted by Portuguese occupiers and stories are horrific.

serbian army, what is the signification of your posts here on a topic related to the new Pope? That there will be hostility towards Orthodox Christians?

P.S. you can not be a bigger Patriot than Serbs who actually do live in Serbia. My friends who were on this forum have told me to pass that message to you.

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2013, 06:18:19 PM »
Homosexuals from Argentina not Thrilled with the new Pope who is anti gay-marriage:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/argentine-gays-thrilled-pope-18739022

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2013, 06:29:28 PM »
http://news.msn.com/world/pope-francis-reaches-out-to-the-jewish-people

"Within hours of his election, Pope Francis sent a letter to Rome's chief rabbi...to continue to strengthen the increasingly close ties between Catholics and Jews"..............

Words are one thing, let's see what will the actions look like.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2013, 07:31:30 PM »
I hope they get a new Popemobile.  The last one was a clunker.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2013, 11:33:08 PM »
I've been having a good laugh at all the Latin Americans and Hispanics who claim the new pope is one of them, a hispanic pope.

He's all Italian, from Argentina. If he were the son of Japanese immigrants, would hispanics claim him as one of their own too? Silliness!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2013, 11:49:12 PM »
A large portion of Argentina descend from Italians, but the reason he is considered hispanic is because in the US and Latin America, hispanic is not considered a race but a ethnic identity based on culture, language, and identity regardless of race. He would be a white hispanic in Latin America despite descending from Italians.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2013, 11:54:11 PM »
Not to diminish anything here, but if a hippopotamus became the pope, I wouldn't really notice nor care..Just sayin...

But it sort of does.  Some of our members are Catholic and who their religious leader is does matter.  From a purely selfish perpective, I am happy to know that we do not have a Jew hater for a Pope.  I'm not singing a song about it, but I'm glad that he's on the side of Israel.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2013, 11:59:08 PM »
The Pope can influence a lot of people, think about it people....
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2013, 12:00:41 AM »
But it sort of does.  Some of our members are Catholic and who their religious leader is does matter.  From a purely selfish perpective, I am happy to know that we do not have a Jew hater for a Pope.  I'm not singing a song about it, but I'm glad that he's on the side of Israel.

Well, I'm more concerned about his stance on Islam... that would be a better litmus test about his tendencies.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 12:03:22 AM »
Well, I'm more concerned about his stance on Islam... that would be a better litmus test about his tendencies.

You can be against Islam and still be a Jew hater.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2013, 12:03:37 AM »
This is what some people "said" about new Pope, I don't know what is the Religion of the Authors who made these calculations:

"New Pope Elected on 03/13/13

13 x 13 x 3 = 507

13 x 13 + 3= 172

507 + 172=679

679 - 13 = 666

Pope was elected at 07:06pm = 13

Pope is 76 years old. 7+6 = 13
"
Looks good to me!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2013, 12:07:15 AM »
You can be against Islam and still be a Jew hater.

Yes... but as a leader...  if he says the same thing about Islam as he does about Judaism... then it tells us that he is either an idiot or complete phony.... ive seen so many politicians have this stance... it wouldnt shock me if the pope does as well.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2013, 12:07:45 AM »
Why kind of a silly algorithm is this?  Also, why are we posting things that can be needlessly taken the wrong way by some of our members for absolutely no purpose or gain whatsoever??  People should try to remember what we all learned in Kindergarden: think before you speak (or write).  We're supposed to be working together.  Being needlessly obnoxious by posting things that could offend others for no reason at all is poor form.  Sorry Brian, not addressing this to you

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2013, 12:09:27 AM »
Yes... but as a leader...  if he says the same thing about Islam as he does about Judaism... then it tells us that he is either an idiot or complete phony.... ive seen so many politicians have this stance... it wouldnt shock me if the pope does as well.

Well, you are right then, especially given the mass murder of Christians by Muslim extremists.  I mean how many tens of thousands of Christians need to die before people say enough of Islamic violence

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2013, 12:40:25 AM »
Why yes, hispanic is not a race but an ethnicity. Yet many hispanics call themselves "la raza".
A native American from Iowa, is a Native American.
A descendant of the Indians from Oaxaca, Mexico, however, would be considered Hispanic. Just like a mestizo descendant would be labeled as "hispanic" or as a white person from Mexico would be labled as hispanic.
Just like the child of Hungarian immigrant to Uruguay, or a black-mestizo child of the Dominican Republic.
I guess white hispanic is the closest term for him then.

To many, this is a white man from a Hispanic country. To others, he is hispanic. Go figure then. To me he's as hispanic as Fujimori.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:52:22 AM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2013, 12:57:25 AM »
A large portion of Argentina descend from Italians, but the reason he is considered hispanic is because in the US and Latin America, hispanic is not considered a race but a ethnic identity based on culture, language, and identity regardless of race. He would be a white hispanic in Latin America despite descending from Italians.

Hispanic in the US is an invention of the Census Bureau. People from Latin America don't "know" that they're "Hispanic" until they come here. And when Americans think of the term, they usually think non-white. Even most JTFers use Hispanic to mean non-white. So white Latin Americans should not call themselves Hispanic. I think we should just say Latin American as a geography location just like people from the US and Canada together are called North American. Mexico is technically North American too. I know in Latin America, they call Americans (US) North Americans rather than American because they see the whole continent (North and South) as America. But I don't think they use it to refer to Canada.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 01:08:49 AM by Binyamin Yisrael »

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2013, 01:00:20 AM »
Mexico is technically North American too.

I've heard some fools say it is in "central America". During one of the Olympics, the NBC announcer said "Mexico is technically in central America", wow really? This is from a news reporter?

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2013, 01:07:45 AM »
I'm not a moderator, but I think this entire discussion of race would not be something that JTF would be interested in pursuing.  JTF is not about race, it's about being a moral decent person.  Also, it doesn't have anything, anything to do with the subject of this thread.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2013, 01:11:52 AM »
I've heard some fools say it is in "central America". During one of the Olympics, the NBC announcer said "Mexico is technically in central America", wow really? This is from a news reporter?

Central America is actually North America too. There's the 3 big countries and then the others between Mexico and the Panama Canal are the Central America region of North America. I think the Caribbean islands are also listed as North America when you have all the countries of the World listed as part of a continent.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2013, 01:15:10 AM »
No one has stated that any race or ethnicity is inferior to any other or that any race or ethnicity is better than any other. In any events, I am sure the many hispanic supporters of JTF are just fuming at the moment. I would be more concerned with the actual topics there have been about races in the past, which sometimes get a little out there by other members... but let's just make my quick point that I made, the topic that brings down morale then- and the root of problems that makes JTF look bad (even though no one is making any racist points).

In any events, I am not interested in making people angry so I'll stop. It just seems that sometimes the forum as a whole is unpredictably touchy on some things.
So better to leave the touchy things; I will leave the topic alone then.

BTW: Just drop it Binyamin, we are making everyone look bad.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2013, 01:20:24 AM »
If there was a such thing as Hispanic, it would include the below groups only, each a separate race:

Descendants of Spanish or Portuguese- White
Descendants of Native Amerindians- American Indian
Descendants of black African slaves- Black

Colonial Latin America also had an elaborate caste system based on mixtures of the 3 races.

Mestizo is a mix of Spanish/Portuguese and the natives. 

Mulato is a mix of Spanish/Portuguese and black slaves.

I forget what the name of the mix of blacks and natives is.

Then there is Castizo for the mix of Spanish/Portuguese and Mestizo, basically meaning 3/4 white and 1/4 Native. I think it goes even further.

So if you believe in the existance of Hispanics, the only whites included would be Spanish and Portuguese, and not Italian, Jewish, or other immigrants to Latin America just like Jews in Arab countries are not consisdered Arabs.