Author Topic: New pope is pro-Israel :)  (Read 6788 times)

Offline Havok

• Full JTFer
  • You'll never get rid of me
Re: New pope is pro-Israel :)
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2013, 01:26:40 AM »
Why did this topic about the pope being friendly to Jews turn into a topic about race,the number 13 and other stuff that really has nothing to do with the topic
The moral of this story is that no matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it … some stories just don't have a happy ending.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2013, 01:33:52 AM »
Let's see where he stands on the Serbs.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2013, 02:25:22 AM »

Hispanic in the US is an invention of the Census Bureau. People from Latin America don't "know" that they're "Hispanic" until they come here. And when Americans think of the term, they usually think non-white. Even most JTFers use Hispanic to mean non-white. So white Latin Americans should not call themselves Hispanic. I think we should just say Latin American as a geography location just like people from the US and Canada together are called North American. Mexico is technically North American too. I know in Latin America, they call Americans (US) North Americans rather than American because they see the whole continent (North and South) as America. But I don't think they use it to refer to Canada.

Definitely agree with you there that hispanic is primarily invented for census purposes, even on biometrics forms they appear to no longer have hispanic listed, it says Caucasian, African, Asian, Native American or Alaskan native, or unknown.

I am wondering if that is going to be changed on census forms, but then you get a lot of Hispanics that mark white which ends up making the census report incorrect data.

Anyways about the Native American with white, yeah a lot of whites over exaggerate how much mixture they have if any, but there are seriously some southern states in the US especially in Louisiana where there is very noticeable French and native admixture which you can definitely tell by the facial features, I have seen a lot in New Orleans who resemble Hispanics but are not, then you have your average blonde hair blue eyed guy who wants to be a hippy and claim they have indigenous ancestry which is kind of weird.

Most of the South Americans refer to non citizens as gringos which is not always used as a negative word like it is in say Mexico, generally refers to a foreigner from Europe or the Americas as they don't distinguish, Asians are referred to as chino, blacks are called negro which is Spanish for black and not used in racist context, sometimes white can be called blanco, and I have heard the word Indio used to negatively refer to someone from Bolivia or Peru to insist on full indigenous ancestry.

Anyways, Central America is technically part of North America like you guys pointed out but is distint since they don't share any commonalities with the anglosphere in terms of culture, food, language, etc and for good reason.

I think a higher portion of people in South America Especially Central America either have Amerindian ancestry as a majority, South America even in those who appear white have minor indigenous blood but it doesn't show up in features always as its highly diluted since there is still a large caste system un officially practiced especially in the southern cone area of South America. There were large number of immigrants from all over as of recent migrations from the mid 1900s for various reasons which probably stick to their own communities.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2013, 02:56:47 AM »
The Pope can influence a lot of people, think about it people....
This is so very, very true.  And that is why it should matter to us what his attitude is towards Jews.  There is nothing wrong with stemming Anti-Semitism versus enhancing it.  Like many Christians who come to this site as friends, this Pope seems to also be friendly towards Jews, and that's a good thing. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2013, 03:08:02 AM »
You guys really think a Jesuit is going to be pro-Jewish long term? Yeah good luck with that.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2013, 04:59:30 AM »
What race would a hippo be from Latin America? 

Really guys??????????

As far current and future popes, it should be in their best interest to teach their catholic following that blessing Israel means to be blessed and cursing them is to be cursed.  I know nothing about this pope. His future actions will speak more than words OR the color of his skin.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2013, 05:28:16 AM »
Fortunately foe us, hippos are animals from Africa so we won't have to worry about discussing what race they are. :-)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2013, 05:49:44 AM »
Fortunately foe us, hippos are animals from Africa so we won't have to worry about discussing what race they are. :-)

I wonder what race dey be, UMM HMM!

Unless of course they are from North Africa which they most likely are not considering animals associated with Africa are from the jungles.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2013, 06:02:36 AM »

I wonder what race dey be, UMM HMM!

Really, now you made me sound like a racist! >_<  I did not mean to say that they would talk that way being from Africa nor was I being sarcastic. Hippos are not people, they are animals like a lion or an eagle. So no point in bringing any "race" into a talk about species of animals, and I was not ok with them being brought into the post because I felt it condescending. But instead of being upset, I was trying to amicably divert the direction in a positive humorous way.

But now I see that I just made it worse by causing you to joke that hippos would talk a certain way because of the continent they originate from and that is just NOT what I was alluding to! And not what I would say.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2013, 06:09:47 AM »
FYI hippos may also be found in South America.  So what race might they be?

I think you missed my point of that post.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2013, 06:13:51 AM »
Ok, I don't know which ones are found in South America: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippopotamus#Distribution

Personally, I think it was condescending. Others may not feel it was. Everyone had a different opinion. It's one say to say something is silly, another to try to make people look like fools. Hippos and race.
But it doesn't matter, I am looking at the next topic already.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2013, 06:40:58 AM »
You guys really think a Jesuit is going to be pro-Jewish long term? Yeah good luck with that.
Personally speaking I believe the selection of this new pope was possibly the best of possible outcomes... The man seems to be for traditional values and from what most people say is said to be friendly and level headed... It seems that many people are actually looking forward to the I told you so moment when this new  Pope makes a few bad moves... Honestly I don't see him seeking to cause new division between the RCC and other religions... Lets face it at best he will try to maintain an open and respectful relationship with other religions however he would be remiss if he did not put the interests of his church before all else... As I watch this 76 year old man in the news I really have a hard time believing he will be so evil that he could preside over the situations described in the past few pope and anti-Christ threads... Time will tell.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2013, 07:31:06 AM »
Enthusiast1 or 2,

That was not an algorithm as you claim, here is one:

Step 1   1599 = 650*2 + 299      
Step 2   650 = 299*2 + 52      
Step 3   299 = 52*5 + 39      
Step 4   52 = 39*1 + 13      
Step 5   39 = 13*3 + 0

So my post you found questionable said 7+6=13, don't be afraid of simple numbers...   

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2013, 07:35:46 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/pope-francis-reaches-jews-130933711.html

The Pope has made some good moves towards Jews, however we can't say with certainty that there will be consistency, let's hope it was not just some "protocol" but his honest intentions, I agree that time will tell.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2013, 10:27:58 AM »
I've been having a good laugh at all the Latin Americans and Hispanics who claim the new pope is one of them, a hispanic pope.

He's all Italian, from Argentina. If he were the son of Japanese immigrants, would hispanics claim him as one of their own too? Silliness!
Jorge Mario Bergoglio was born in Buenos Aires.  That makes him an Argentinian of Italian descent.  I don't understand what there is to laugh about.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2013, 02:43:06 PM »
Israel welcomes new Pope as a friend of Jews:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/mar/17/ml-israel-pope/

So the Pope is doing fine for now, he seems to be pro-Israel. Still the last Pope left and the not so good relations with Jews and non-Catholic churches too, stayed. Let's hope the new Pope will have a new, better approach.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2013, 02:46:49 PM »
I don't understand what there is to laugh about.
Ah, you went back a few posts to pick that one out after we had dropped it. 
No one is laughing as in "hahaha, he's Argentinean"  o_O. It's the situation that he is as hispanic as Alberto Fujimori and yet he is "one of us" to some Latin Americans. It's not just me saying it, it's all the comments by many other people: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/new-pope-article-1.1287399 That is why some people in the media are having a hard time saying straight out "the first Hispanic pope" and others (Hispanic media) are hailing the "first hispanic pope". Some are uncomfortable saying it, others are saying it. Just an observation.

I am sorry that it bothers you :( Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I had already dropped this one.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:10:28 PM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2013, 03:14:43 PM »
serbian army, what is the signification of your posts here on a topic related to the new Pope? That there will be hostility towards Orthodox Christians?

P.S. you can not be a bigger Patriot than Serbs who actually do live in Serbia. My friends who were on this forum have told me to pass that message to you.
It is significant because two Hindu members pointed out that Jesuit order had made horrific massacres in India. I just added that Indian Orthodox Church members suffered equally in that region if not more. Of course they have some big concerns that new Pope is Jesuit.

As for my patriotism, what you friends are saying is nonsense. Chaim is "more Jewish" than many Jews in Israel and he still lives in NY city.
Anyway, I don't care what your friends think of me. I live in Florida and I love this part of America with all my heart. If that is something that bothers them and they think that I am not Serb enough so be it. I tried to pick up all positive influences of American culture. And one such thing is a right to express your own opinion without some sort of concern that 10 people will jump on you and break your ribs if they disagree (and sure that is case in Serbia). You are attacking people here for expressing what they think and how they feel. I respect all opinions and forum is place to see other views on religion, economics, life, or whatever else.

Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2013, 03:30:09 PM »
It is significant because two Hindu members pointed out that Jesuit order had made horrific massacres in India. I just added that Indian Orthodox Church members suffered equally in that region if not more. Of course they have some big concerns that new Pope is Jesuit.

As for my patriotism, what you friends are saying is nonsense. Chaim is "more Jewish" than many Jews in Israel and he still lives in NY city.
Anyway, I don't care what your friends think of me. I live in Florida and I love this part of America with all my heart. If that is something that bothers them and they think that I am not Serb enough so be it. I tried to pick up all positive influences of American culture. And one such thing is a right to express your own opinion without some sort of concern that 10 people will jump on you and break your ribs if they disagree (and sure that is case in Serbia). You are attacking people here for expressing what they think and how they feel. I respect all opinions and forum is place to see other views on religion, economics, life, or whatever else.

"you are attacking people here for expressing what they think and how they feel", wow, you are really trying to get some low points on this forum after praising Iran and Russia. Actually I made peace with people through pm's already for having different opinions and so called "fights" so I don't care what you think about my posts or what you will say in future posts.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2013, 03:53:03 PM »
Other members have a keyboard to defend themselves but you are attacked me about 4 times now in period of several days. I have right to defend my opinions about any country I want and you or no other member will not prevent me to do so. Only way to get rid off me in that matter is to ban me from expressing what I think and how I feel. I strongly believe that you need a real man in you life. I expressed my opinion in situation when 20 people wanted to beat me to death and sure I will have courage to say what I believe on a virtual forum. In real life I do not provoke anyone but be sure I will never ever back down from any human force for what I stand for in that moment.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2013, 03:53:46 PM »
I think he could be considered to be culturally Hispanic though. It doesn't mean you have to have Indian or Spanish blood.

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2013, 04:09:21 PM »
I strongly believe that you need a real man in you life.

:::D :::D :::D :::D :::D
You know my private life all of a sudden? LOL, with that false statement you have made, you sure know nothing about me, what a twisted brain you have.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2013, 04:16:54 PM »
Ok you guys go get a drink of your choice and relax for a bit.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2013, 05:04:55 PM »
Ah, you went back a few posts to pick that one out after we had dropped it. 
No one is laughing as in "hahaha, he's Argentinean"  o_O. It's the situation that he is as hispanic as Alberto Fujimori and yet he is "one of us" to some Latin Americans. It's not just me saying it, it's all the comments by many other people: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/new-pope-article-1.1287399 That is why some people in the media are having a hard time saying straight out "the first Hispanic pope" and others (Hispanic media) are hailing the "first hispanic pope". Some are uncomfortable saying it, others are saying it. Just an observation.

I am sorry that it bothers you :( Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I had already dropped this one.
::)  It doesn't bother me. He is born and bred in Argentina.  My opinion is that people from his native land should be proud of him.  That is nothing to laugh at. Ha Ha or otherwise.  I don't know why you didn't use my whole quote.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2013, 11:11:27 PM »
I don't want anyone to take my hippo statement out of context.

What I was trying say was that it shouldn't matter to Jews what a new pope thinks of us. If he likes Jews and Israel genuinely, it becomes a blessing for him and his following. And if he hates us, then woa are the Catholics who blindly follow him.

Therefore whether he's Italian American African Asian purple orange from the planet marmalak or a hippo, it should make no difference to us Jews.

But for the sake of catholic Gentiles, best to bless Israel. Gd will judge.