Author Topic: Video Study for Parsha Vayikrah  (Read 3189 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Video Study for Parsha Vayikrah
« on: March 14, 2013, 12:02:38 AM »
Shalom JTF readers,

It is Wednesday and I will have very little time as Shabbat approaches so I would like to post this thread before I get caught up in the events of this week. I have been summoned into the court for Jury Duty which I hate, and it is interfering with the schedule I have for work. I hope I get excused tomorrow morning...

We are beginning the book of Vayikra, otherwise known as Leviticus, which contains a littany of laws regarding the Holy service of the Kohen and the Levi.

Here is what Chabad writes in the Parsha in a Nutshell:

G‑d calls to Moses from the Tent of Meeting, and communicates to him the laws of the korbanot, the animal and meal offerings brought in the Sanctuary. These include:

• The “ascending offering” (olah) that is wholly raised to G‑d by the fire atop the altar;

• Five varieties of “meal offering” (minchah) prepared with fine flour, olive oil and frankincense;

• The “peace offering” (shelamim), whose meat was eaten by the one bringing the offering, after parts are burned on the altar and parts are given to the kohanim (priests);

• The different types of “sin offering” (chatat) brought to atone for transgressions committed erroneously by the high priest, the entire community, the king or the ordinary Jew;

• The “guilt offering” (asham) brought by one who has misappropriated property of the Sanctuary, who is in doubt as to whether he transgressed a divine prohibition, or who has committed a “betrayal against G‑d” by swearing falsely to defraud a fellow man.

Here is Rabbi Weisblum's discussion of the Parsha...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Video Study for Parsha Vayikrah
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 12:16:44 AM »
Rabbi Nagin from OtNiel :

Rabbi Chaim Miller from TorahInTen (Kol Menachem):

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 12:41:30 AM »
The great rabbi Yitzak Ginsburg on the sin offering...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 12:53:57 AM »
Rabbi Odze talks about this weeks portion:

And Rabbi Yehuda Moses from TorahAnyTime in Los Angeles:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 01:13:28 AM »
It is great to see that Rabbi Shafier is making new (short) parsha videos...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 01:20:07 AM »
No Video Study of the parsha would be complete without a few from the illustrious Rabbi Chaim Richman...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 01:33:41 AM »
Rabbi Herschel Finman just made a new one yesterday...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 01:37:52 AM »
A couple of talks given by the always gracious and inviting Rabbi Machlis in Jerusalem:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 02:09:24 AM »
One more Rabbi Richman video and then I'm off to bed...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 02:37:14 PM »
Shalom Shalom!

I am home from Jury Duty this morning and BARUCH HASHEM our group was excused without having to hear a case because the trial judge vacated the case.... My davening was answered (I davened in the waiting room)... Much Thanks to the Master of the Universe!

Let us watch Rabbi Trugman from BeThereIsrael talk about our portion:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 02:15:53 AM »
Some more thoughts about the small aleph of Vayikra from Rabbi Pinchas Winston.