Author Topic: Is this accurate: from the river of Egypt to the great river  (Read 619 times)

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: Is this accurate: from the river of Egypt to the great river
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 09:27:27 AM »
That's the promised land alright.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 11:42:29 AM »
We don't understand the exact borders just from the biblical text. It is clear that the border touches the Euphrates in the north east and the "river of Egypt" in the west, and in the north if I recall should reach the Taurus mountains in what is now Turkey. The text however doesn't say that God gave the Israelites the lands of the some of the surrounding neighbors- the Egyptians, the Assyrians, the Babylonians, Aram,  Kedar,  Amon, Moab, Midyan. So I think we can learn from that that the promise land doesn't include much of Egypt and cannot include more then half of Syria, not much if anything at all of Iraq and Arabia.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 05:54:31 PM »
Most definitely, the Nile in Egypt to the Euphrates which empties into the Persian Gulf, my Bible Dictionary says the Euphrates also passes the ancient cities of Babylon, Kish, Nippur, and Erech.   This tells us just how much Israel has given up to try and achieve peace.