Author Topic: Black "Beauty" Queen In Israel  (Read 7892 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Black "Beauty" Queen In Israel
« on: March 23, 2013, 09:48:11 PM »
http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/126845/israels-bold-new-queen

Israel’s Bold New Queen

The latest Miss Israel, Ethiopian-born Yityish Aynaw, says it’s about time a black woman wore the crown.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Black "Beauty" Queen In Israel
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 09:53:55 PM »
UMM HMM!

Ethiopians like her are not real Jews. Real Ethiopian Jews are converts. If they converted, they wouldn't dress like her and take part in such an event. On a side note, beauty is an opinion. Most whtie Jews wouldn't be attracted to a black woman. It's the same with Miss America. If people wanted a black to be a beauty queen, they would have them compeat against other blacks with black judges or white judges that are known to be attracted to black women. But "dat be racism" is what they would say even thought it is truely separate but equal. I guess that's another reason why these competitions shouldn't take place.

Bnei Menashe from India all converted Al Pi Halacha and good Right Wing Jews. So why weren't Ethiopians required to do so? I hold by the Rebbe when he said "Schvartzes Nisht Yidden". Chabad holds that converts are Jewish no matter what but these blacks converted though.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:00:49 AM by Binyamin Yisrael »

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 09:56:51 PM »
I saw the link because she went to the Obama state dinner in Israel. I guess they thought because she's black, she could convince Obama to free Pollard. If that was the case, if she's really Jewish, perhaps she could be comapred to Queen Esther who voluntarily approaced Achachverosh to save the Jews. Maybe Hashem used her and allowed her to be immodest just for that but she probably never converted anyway. But she's sucsessful, maybe she would be inspired to be a real Jew and convert.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 10:52:46 PM »
  No offense to her but Israel has wayyy prettier women then here.

About her conversion, I do not know, and if you do not then it is better for you not to speak. Perhaps her parents converted etc. etc.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 11:02:54 PM »
It said she was born in Ethiopia. When Ethiopians came to Israel, they made them have "safek" converserions with no bracha. But if they never commited to being religious, it wouldn't be valid.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 01:35:58 AM »
Unfortunately, she can't be a pretty Black Jewish woman without the media making her into some kind of first generation Black goddess.  It's ridiculous.  Accept your prize with grace.  That's part of being a winner of these kinds of awards

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 06:47:00 AM »
She has ugly teeth.  They could have picked someone prettier and with a more humble personality.  Just sayin.....
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 07:08:36 AM »
Am I the only one who finds it a little odd that they presented this dumb slut to Obama. "Look Mr Obama, she is the same color as you and we made her beauty queen!  Ethiopia is neighboring Kenya, you are both east Africans !".

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 07:18:39 AM »
Am I the only one who finds it a little odd that they presented this dumb slut to Obama. "Look Mr Obama, she is the same color as you and we made her beauty queen!  Ethiopia is neighboring Kenya, you are both east Africans !".
The person is very common looking... Putting it politely politics and sick political correctness must have been a large part of the selection process.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 07:28:35 AM »
As a Jew, I find this pick offensive.  First, they're saying that a REAL Jewish woman isn't beautiful enough to be Miss Israel, which is total nonsense.  Second, they pick a woman who needs to get her teeth fixed.  And, third, the judges need to stop making a political statement, which they have done by choosing this woman. 

We finally get Israel as our home again and this is who we choose to represent us as Miss Israel? 

Tell me I'm dreaming.  Please!

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 08:43:09 AM »
The entire idiocy of giving any sort of importance to a title like that is astonishing itself.

What else is astonishing is that she now actually believes she is 'pretty' and that that would somehow grant her an arrogant attitude. I have no hope for the human race.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 08:43:29 AM »
Unfortunately, she can't be a pretty Black Jewish woman without the media making her into some kind of first generation Black goddess.  It's ridiculous.  Accept your prize with grace.  That's part of being a winner of these kinds of awards
I thought the same thing. Couldn't she be graceful about winning?
I think she is pretty.  More natural looking than most recent beauty queens.
But, by her bringing up race it makes one think, even more than a normal person would, that political correctness played a part in her winning...not beauty.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 08:50:33 AM »
If you look at some of the other contestants, they are breathtaking.

vs

This is just disgusting and racist. I don't even know how she got through the election process.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 10:44:05 AM »
I don't care about her looks, she should be behave like an Israeli patriot and represent Israel, not her skin color. There is nothing in common between her and Obama and no reason to introduce her to him other then they are both black. She should be insulted instead of feeling honored.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 11:44:55 AM »
Spiraling your post really says it all.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 11:51:22 AM »
Actually I read earlier that she should she would ask Obama to pardon Jonathan Pollard. Soo according to that she isn't bad (as a person).
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 11:53:39 AM »
I don't care about her looks, she should be behave like an Israeli patriot and represent Israel, not her skin color. There is nothing in common between her and Obama and no reason to introduce her to him other then they are both black. She should be insulted instead of feeling honored.
Well the key word here is actually beauty queen... After seeing pictures of the other contestants I feel comfortable saying that even putting race or color aside the winner was really the poorest possible choice in the bunch...  I could see a choice like that here in a country like America where the panel of Judges could be made up of people of every race and background... A choice like this over in Israel really leaves me scratching my head... As I said in my prior post the girl is very common looking... After seeing the competition I would have to say the judges must have been smoking some wacky weed.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 12:21:42 PM »
She obviously has resentment or some type of hatred toward the Jewish people when she says,  “We have these chiseled faces. Everything is in the right place,” she said. “I never saw an Ethiopian who was stuck with some big nose.”
___________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

In my opinion, she's just another jealous schvatza.  We don't say anything about her nose, so wide- that you could drive a Mack truck right through each one of her giant nostrils.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 12:35:42 PM »
She obviously has resentment or some type of hatred toward the Jewish people when she says,  “We have these chiseled faces. Everything is in the right place,” she said. “I never saw an Ethiopian who was stuck with some big nose.”
___________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

In my opinion, she's just another jealous schvatza.  We don't say anything about her nose, so wide- that you could drive a Mack truck right through each one of her giant nostrils.

She kind of reminds me of a Julia Stiles, but not as pretty

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 12:43:54 PM »
She kind of reminds me of a Julia Stiles, but not as pretty

Israel should have used one of their own, instead of being politically correct, and picking a black one, who resents Jews. 

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 03:26:12 PM »
Contestant 2 would have been my pick. But in all reality, I do not support any "Miss" anything. It does not exactly go with Miss Tznius, does it. It's more of Miss bare skin and Miss bare chest. Regardless of skin color.

I think this particular winner is cute (minus the teeth) and I have no problem with whatever race she is. Ethiopian Jews, I accept those that did convert and take Judaism seriously as real Jews. But those who come into Israel and do not feel they have to convert or follow the Torah are just fakes.
And there are those who say they do not have do a conversion.

Basically, we are lying to ourselves if we pretend to say that the Jews who stood at Mt. Sinai were black. Honestly, we have a good idea of what those Jews looked like, the closet would be Mizrachi Jews. But now we have Jews who look Chinese like the Kafeng Jews. And Jews who look like they're from India with the Bnai Menashe. And Jews who are African black like the Ethiopian Jews. And who knows what other group wants recognition. Where there even blond Jews at Mt. Sinai?
What has happened in the history of Judaism is that there has always been an element of intermarriage and conversions. The difference is that the Sfardic, Mizrachi and Ashkenazi communities had not only the Torah but the Oral Torah and well established Batei Din. And well estabilished Torah scholars as Judges to preside over anything the community needed. Not to mention that they had the mikva'ot.  Without any of these elements,  no conversions would have been valid. That's why there are recorded histories of halachic converts in Ashkenazi communities, like Avraham ben Avraham etc.

All these Ethiopians, Bnai Menashe etc.. they might have had some Jewish ancestors (which they have DNA to prove some Jewish ancestry) who arrived a long long time ago. But without the elements of a mivkah, beth din, judges etc... how Jewish are their descendants today? Ashkenazim and Mizrachi Jews all over the world have been able to make aliyah because they have the prof of their Jewishness. They have proof that their parents are buried in Jewish cemeteries, they have their ketubot, etc..
But all these other people want FULL recognition without any proof of Jewishness. And that's crazy. But if Israel wants to give them all the recognition that's their problem. The Torah, Oral Laws, Batei Din etc.. remained unchanged in Ashkenazi, Sfardic and Mizrahi communities for a reason- and now their descendants are Jews today.  But these traditions did NOT remain part of the Jews who immigrated to China, India or Ethiopia. Because sometimes there are people who may have some Jewish ancestry but in the end are Gentiles. Just like a person whose mother is Protestant and father is Jewish- and then generations later their children want to be recognized as Jews? Not only want recognition but may not even feel a need to convert. 
I have some Bnei Anusim in my lineage but that's all they remain- just bnei Anusim and I don't demand that they be declared Halachic Jews. Unless anyone can prove an unbroken maternal Jewish line then people like this have to convert. And once they convert, they HAVE to keep all the laws. Not do a fake conversion and parade oneself semi nude on Shabbat night. Because that just proves that one was always a gentile to begin with.

Unless all the Ethiopian Jews have proof and ketubot from the "Beth din of Ethiopia"? Oh that's right, there wasn't one. And I don't think any of the other "lost tribes" had any either. 

Ok, end of rant.

I think this Miss Israel was more political. It's easier to parade around a non-white Miss Israel in front of all the anti-Israel haters. 

« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 04:13:03 PM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013, 03:30:03 PM »
People should be judged by the content of their character, not the color of their skin...MLK Jr.  The women should win on their abilities and character and physical attributes and talent...not on what Race is entitled to anything.  I don't agree with her.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2013, 04:45:31 PM »
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2013, 07:15:51 PM »
Rabbi Kahane zt'l always held the Ethiopian Jews were fully Jewish without conversion. Furthermore this girl at least had the Jewish pride to tell the Obumbler to free Pollard.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 01:02:32 PM »
Please show us in writting where Rav Kahane,HY"D,ZY"A,ZT"L said that.
Rav Moshe FeinsteinZY"A,ZTL,Lubavitcher Rebbe,ZY"A,ZT"L,Rav Yosef Shalom Eliyashiv,ZY"A,ZT"L & all the present & past rabbis both Sephardi & Ashkenazi all said the Ethiopians need to convert in order to be considered Jews.
Only exception I know of is Rav Ovadia Yosef & I wonder just how much the government is paying him to say so.