Author Topic: 1 thing I do not understand about JTF  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: 1 thing I do not understand about JTF
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 07:49:06 PM »
Dude how would you know people's intentions?

What is and what is not a serious enough process?

The state of Israel made it "easy" to convert for when they brought in Russian goyim and wanted to integrate them into the army and society.  Problem is, when all those quick and easy converts don't actually keep halacha, commit to Jewish practices, or even believe in God or Judaism, it's not a valid conversion process, and it just adds more chilonim into society to adjust demographics to be secular.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 10:33:08 PM »
I thought that by ALL authorities conversion is supposed to be a long and drawn out process that is not "simple" or easy to do.     Am I wrong?

Nope (first part) second part- yes.

When someone came to Hillel to convert it was more simple and straightforward. Also I remember a story of a Roman soldier who was assigned to burn one of the Martyrs who made a conversion on the spot and jumped in the fire together with the Rabbi being killed (he made the Rabbi burn faster as his request because the evil empire was trying to make the process long and torture him long time before murdering him).

the only issue is other personal gain circumstances (for example someone wants to "convert" to marry the rich Jewish guy (or girl) or something like that. Not for ulterior and fake motives is not good, but if someone comes to convert, even if they revert back to their old ways they are still fully Jewish.
 I don't think its about time and their needs to be a very long wait. Also remember that especially women have certain amount of time that they can get pregnant and have children. Making a young lady wait too long wastes her time in not finding a soulmate and getting married.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 11:30:46 PM »

Whatever the results will be with any fighting and without them joining both Chaim and Marzel (and co.) will be out of the Knesset. And with it being raised to 4 seats they would be out anyway even if together they would need to join with others in any event in order to get in (probably join as a faction of the Bayit Yehudi). If not then only by the others parties screwing up extremely and a lot and a lot of publicity is their only a slimmer of a chance. Almost no new parties would get in. Most people would see it as a waste of votes.
Most likely the Arab paries will take it to the Supreme Court & the court will rule against the 4 seat minimum in favor of the Arabs.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2013, 11:09:20 PM »
The state of Israel made it "easy" to convert for when they brought in Russian goyim and wanted to integrate them into the army and society.  Problem is, when all those quick and easy converts don't actually keep halacha, commit to Jewish practices, or even believe in God or Judaism, it's not a valid conversion process, and it just adds more chilonim into society to adjust demographics to be secular.

(Hebrew)

(English subtitles)

(Hebrew then translated into English, this is a series I saqw some time ago, follow the parts, I will try to see this again it address this and other major issues).
http://youtu.be/prV3Ap1Iu8Y?t=6m9s

.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.