Author Topic: 1 thing I do not understand about JTF  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
1 thing I do not understand about JTF
« on: March 29, 2013, 04:22:30 PM »
  You support Noam Federman and hold highly of him, yett you aren't working together with the people he is supporting - Otzma LeYisrael- Baruch Marzel, Eldad, etc.

With the Knesset threshold being raised to 4 seats who is the world else would JTF / Hayamin be able to work with besides these people? It looks like neither Hayamin nor Otzma would ever have the chance to get in besides working together and putting petty differences aside.

I just saw on Noam's Facebook page under his "likes"

http://www.facebook.com/SUPPORT.NOAM.FEDERMAN

Almost only to do with Otza LeYisrael and its leaders and 1 other organization "צעד ימינה" (which I do not know about).
 - Why is his "likes" almost only to do with Otzma and its leaders and not others like Hayamin?
 (Sorry if I'm offending here, but I do not understand and would like to get to the bottom of this for the sake of HaRav's teachings and ideas being implemented).

By the way same with Elisheva's Facebook page as well

http://www.facebook.com/federman1/favorites

(Look at her favorites and likes, she has other things, but includes עוצמה לישראל  and its affiliates. )
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: 1 thing I do not understand about JTF
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 04:29:57 PM »
Also Chaim are you in contact with any of them? And if not who are you in contact with in Israel?
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 06:12:46 AM »
As far as I know Noam Federman doesn't support Otzma, he boycotts the elections. The profile you brought is some sort of a fake. I saw a comment on that same page by "Elisheva Federman" (his wife) saying: "Noam is running for the knesset ?! I never heard of this".

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 07:57:16 AM »
When my friend was in Israel at the Federman house, Noam asked for Chaim to contact him.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 08:28:25 PM »
As far as I know Noam Federman doesn't support Otzma, he boycotts the elections. The profile you brought is some sort of a fake. I saw a comment on that same page by "Elisheva Federman" (his wife) saying: "Noam is running for the knesset ?! I never heard of this".

Yepp, the first one yes seems it isn't his (I just checked through it) and this is Elisheva's comment

נעם? לכנסת??? איני יודעת של מי היוזמה לדף זה. תודה על הפירגון...לנעם אישי היקר אין פייסבוק.אז אני כותבת בשמו: הוא לא בעניין של לרוץ לכנסת. הוא בהחלט היה מוכן להיות ראש ממשלת מדינת יהודה...
He was definitely ready to be Prime Minister of the State of Judea ...

BUT her I'm almost 100% certain is her own personal page and she does have those as "favorites" and "likes" as well. Check the page out yourself.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 10:05:08 PM »
I don't understand what you're saying.  Assuming the Federmans or one of the Federmans supported otzma (which I doubt btw) does that mean we have to also?
Aside from the fact that they are fake kahanists, they also dragged Chaim's name through the mud.  A jewish hero.  This is how they treat him?  How could anyone in their right mind expect our support for that group?

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 10:15:34 PM »
I don't understand what you're saying.  Assuming the Federmans or one of the Federmans supported otzma (which I doubt btw) does that mean we have to also?
Aside from the fact that they are fake kahanists, they also dragged Chaim's name through the mud.  A jewish hero.  This is how they treat him?  How could anyone in their right mind expect our support for that group?
Exactly, they want to be PC, so they stab Chaim in the back!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 11:14:49 PM »

Expanding on what you expressed:    If those people that acted like fake Kahanists apologize to Chaim in a manner that Chaim is satisfied with their apology AND they act like real Kahanists from now on,    I'll gladly support them.     
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 11:22:18 PM »
Expanding on what you expressed:    If those people that acted like fake Kahanists apologize to Chaim in a manner that Chaim is satisfied with their apology AND they act like real Kahanists from now on,    I'll gladly support them.   

Whatever the results will be with any fighting and without them joining both Chaim and Marzel (and co.) will be out of the Knesset. And with it being raised to 4 seats they would be out anyway even if together they would need to join with others in any event in order to get in (probably join as a faction of the Bayit Yehudi). If not then only by the others parties screwing up extremely and a lot and a lot of publicity is their only a slimmer of a chance. Almost no new parties would get in. Most people would see it as a waste of votes. 

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 12:54:08 AM »

Whatever the results will be with any fighting and without them joining both Chaim and Marzel (and co.) will be out of the Knesset. And with it being raised to 4 seats they would be out anyway even if together they would need to join with others in any event in order to get in (probably join as a faction of the Bayit Yehudi). If not then only by the others parties screwing up extremely and a lot and a lot of publicity is their only a slimmer of a chance. Almost no new parties would get in. Most people would see it as a waste of votes.

As much as I would to see Chaim and others in the JTF Movement get into the Knesset,    it would defeat the purpose if they had to compromise their principles on core issues such as not giving up ANY Israeli land,    a plan to compensate the Arab Muslims to leave Israel forever that aren't directly terrorists,    executing the Muslim Nazi Terrorists that committed terrorism in Israel,    dealing with the Iranian Nuclear Program proactively,     and freeing Jewish prisoners in Israel  that went to prison in their support for the land of Israel.      On some far lesser issues,    some negotiations with the other parties can hopefully lead to agreements that everyone involve would be comfortable.   
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 05:12:59 AM »
I voted for the Jewish house as the least worse option. I would vote for Hayamin Haamiti if they run with Matzel and other fake Kahanists as long as either #1 or #2 place belong to Hayamin.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 08:44:09 PM »
  Gladd Chaim talked about it on ASK JTF and said similar thing. I would also think it would be good to at least consider MK Rabbi Haim Amsalem (among others).

http://amshalem.org/en/

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 10:08:39 PM »
Looks to me like Shabak is posing as Noam on the internet.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 03:35:43 AM »
  Gladd Chaim talked about it on ASK JTF and said similar thing. I would also think it would be good to at least consider MK Rabbi Haim Amsalem (among others).

http://amshalem.org/en/
Haim Amsalem is a leftist pet haredi of Jew haters.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 08:08:35 AM »
Haim Amsalem is a leftist pet haredi of Jew haters.

Not sure what your statement means but he wants to encourage Haredim to work more and do army service as well.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 12:16:15 PM »
Not sure what your statement means but he wants to encourage Haredim to work more and do army service as well.
He is a leftist. In his platform he avoided referring to the issue of settlements and retreats but he is in favor of dismantling settlements, he said he believes the "settlement blocks" (about 2% of the territories) will remain in Israel, actually he said that he thinks that there is a wide agreement about this and he is fine with it. His actual red most likely stands right at his own neck.

He is also in favor of robo-conversions of  gentiles in Israel.

Also his platform is full of social demagogy like subsidized housing and affirmative action.

http://www.bhol.co.il/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=2993797&forum_id=771
http://amshalem.org.il/akronot.aspx

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 01:55:19 PM »
 His conversion policy is the same as Rav Ovadia Yosef's yett because they in Shas trashed him about it he is now seen as being lenient by people like you (the public). Yett they are equal in their stance. And the "ultra-Orthodox" Lituanian conversion policies can be too demanding and too strict with those who want to become Jews. I do not know enough about this but I feel that the halacha would probably be much much much more lenient and accepting of converts. Also just remembered that his stance is to allow easier conversions for those who have some Jewish grandparents etc (like grandfather or father is Jewish) and they feel part of the Jewish nation. For them the "zera Yisrael" he says that we need to be more accepting to those who come and want to be fully Jewish. This is his opinion and one would need to look at the Halahic responses before going on and trashing halahic stances that I am sure you did not take a look at yourself.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 03:34:17 PM »
His conversion policy is the same as Rav Ovadia Yosef's yett because they in Shas trashed him about it he is now seen as being lenient by people like you (the public). Yett they are equal in their stance. And the "ultra-Orthodox" Lituanian conversion policies can be too demanding and too strict with those who want to become Jews. I do not know enough about this but I feel that the halacha would probably be much much much more lenient and accepting of converts. Also just remembered that his stance is to allow easier conversions for those who have some Jewish grandparents etc (like grandfather or father is Jewish) and they feel part of the Jewish nation. For them the "zera Yisrael" he says that we need to be more accepting to those who come and want to be fully Jewish. This is his opinion and one would need to look at the Halahic responses before going on and trashing halahic stances that I am sure you did not take a look at yourself.
He is trying to make Judaism more appealing to leftist atheists. I can't think of a better example for a "dati machmad" then Amsalem.

Regarding conversions, I don't want people to convert just so they will be secular self hating Jews. I actually prefer them to remain gentiles and if they feel like strangers in Israel and can't bear that feeling, well, the door is open then can look elsewhere. Or they can live in Israel as gentiles and accept the fact that this is the religious and national homeland of the Jewish people then I personally don't mind them living here but for the future I think we need to amend the law of return so it will only apply to Jews by halachic definition and self identity.

It's not up to me to decide on halacha but I can still have an opinion on public policy. And I think that it is a mistake to do mass instant conversions paid for by public funds. If it was just a few ultraorthodox who rejected these conversions that would be one thing, but there is a very big split on this issue among the rabbis. For the ones who are serious about converting there are other options then the super strict haredi courts.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 03:55:44 PM »
Zelhar what you said about the quick fake "conversions" is not what he stands for. No one is advocating that, he is basically advocating similar (or the same) as Rav Ovadia Yosef and not the ultra-strick Haredi type conversions that take a very long time with too much strain put on the potential converts. Why would a convert have to under-go all of that. It is mainly for people who want to be Jewish and be part of the Jewish people etc. Why outright reject them instead of working with them (and with the rest of secular Israel) in establishing a more Jewish identity.

" For the ones who are serious about converting there are other options then the super strict haredi courts."

But they are trying to block the way for everyone else that is the problem. Let's say someone wants to be what you might call modern-orthodox convert. They keep shabbat, keep Kashrut their wife goes to Mikwah, their kids to Jewish religious schools etc. why would they then have problems and issues moving to Israel because certain people in the Rabbanut don't like the Modern Orthodox Rabbis and/or have their other issues.

Whatever come to think of it, it doesn't even matter as much now. The Rabbanut is and will become more Dati-Leumi with the rise of the Jewish home and the Haredi parties being out of the coalition.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 04:14:39 PM »
I think that the main dispute on the conversions issue is with the IDF production line. It is not a serious process. Most of the "gerim" come out of that conversion with very little understanding of Judaism and without intention of living Jewish life. It is purely a matter of convenience for most of them. I suspect some of them only attain the classes so they could skip some less pleasant duties like kitchen duty and night watch.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 04:51:15 PM »
Dude how would you know people's intentions?

What is and what is not a serious enough process?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 05:02:16 PM »
I believe conversion should entail a certain amount of 'work' in order to attain. You don't become a Jew by just making a statement of belief. It comes down to what you think, how you think, what you do, and your desire to be close to Hashem.

I do believe that we should be careful about converts but at the same time not push them away. I know many righteous converts. It is a difficult line to walk (between pushing away and pulling in)...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 06:09:34 PM »
I generally can tell people's intentions, it is not so hard to see if someone is taking an issue seriously or not.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 06:46:05 PM »
 ??? I never claimed that their needs to be a chikchak "conversion" just for the sake of it. Nor does Rabbi Am Sallem (from what it seems) says that it should be like that. He is following the same exact Psak of Rav Ovadia Yosef yett is (was) being slammed by people who say they follow him?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 07:45:32 PM »

I thought that by ALL authorities conversion is supposed to be a long and drawn out process that is not "simple" or easy to do.     Am I wrong?