Author Topic: Walmart's Death Grip on Groceries Is Making Life Worse for Millions of People (H  (Read 3594 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
What exactly makes Walmart satanic ?

• Gold Star JTF Member
What exactly makes Walmart satanic ?

Didn't you read the article?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
Didn't you read the article?
I read most of it.

If I were a local consumer I would buy at the store that have the lowest prices, what is wrong with that ? I don't think I should subsidize locally owned stores, they should be competitive. 

• Gold Star JTF Member

If I were a local consumer I would buy at the store that have the lowest prices, .

Wouldn't you also buy at the store that has the best quality.

I don't think I should subsidize locally owned stores, they should be competitive

This article mentions nothing about taxes subsidizing local stores. 

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
Wouldn't you also buy at the store that has the best quality.

This article mentions nothing about taxes subsidizing local stores.
I mean th lowest price for the same product or equivalent quality alternative.

I meant subsidy by personal choice, meaning choosing not to buy at Walmart and preferring locally owned store.

I know from where I live that the local grocery store, some sort of minimart, is significantly more expensive then the big super/hyper-markets. There is also allot of competition between these hypermarkets. Some of them are almost right next to each other.

On the other hand there are local fruit and vegetable stores that offer better quality and competitive price and they are closer, so they have allot of clients. The grocery also seems to be doing ok because they get clients that can't or don't want to drive to buy at the hypermarket.

Anyway I think the best thing is to let free market and competition to sort things out. Protectionism is bad for the economy and for the consumer and leads to lazy and exploitive rent seeking businesses.