Author Topic: Poll: Half Of Young Christians Support Legalizing Weed Or Have Used It  (Read 756 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Virtually Half Of Under-30 Christians Want To Legalize Marijuana

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/nearly-half-young-christians-support-legalizing-pot-survey-215650889.html;_ylt=AkYA8B1kYxm8m2qRL.hQJECbCMZ_;_ylu=X3oDMTRrbjRtY3ZlBG1pdANCbG9nIFNwZWFybWludCBPcmlnaW5hbCBMaXN0BHBrZwNjOWUyZmI2ZC1hZWZiLTMwYjQtODczZC04ZDc2MjA3NGNlZTAEcG9zAzcEc2VjA01lZGlhQkxpc3RNaXhlZExQQ0FUZW1wBHZlcgNmZjE1Y2IyMS1hZGY0LTExZTItYjM3Yi1hNzZhNjQxMGYwOGM-;_ylg=X3oDMTM1bWd1bXVnBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDODhiYTRkOWMtNGY2ZC0zOTlkLWI1YmQtYzQ1Yzg5ODVlODAwBHBzdGNhdANwb2xpdGljc3x0aGV0aWNrZXQEcHQDc3RvcnlwYWdl;_ylv=3

And this is why America and the West are dying, folks. What an abomination to G-d's church.

Interestingly, a greater percentage young Christians say they find smoking pot to be morally acceptable compared with the general population. Fifty-two percent said they are OK with pot smoking, compared with 49 percent of all Americans.

Fifty-two percent of Christians belonging to an ethnic minority said they have smoked pot, compared with 44 percent of white Protestants and 40 percent of evangelical Protestants. Those numbers are in line with, or even greater than the average for all Americans, 42 percent of whom say they’ve tried marijuana.
:o :o :o :o :o

WFTMPTC

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
The bible doesn't say Marijuana must be made illegal.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
  Most people know it will be made legal (slowly but surely).  $ talks. Their is Billions to be made from taxes alone from this. The only one's against it would probably be the penitentiary system who need more people to be arrested and locked up for them to get business.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Gotta admit that I don't know many people who have not tried pot... In California it is a given...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Gotta admit that I don't know many people who have not tried pot... In California it is a given...

I've never tried it...and just because the majority might have doesn't make it right....just sayin...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I've never tried it...and just because the majority might have doesn't make it right....just sayin...

That is not the point. But to condemn anyone who has tried it is pretty broad condemnation. I have explained my position on the topic many times, and will not do so again but to say that I believe that alcohol rather than pot be illegal. It is hypocritical if one is legal and the other is not...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
That is not the point. But to condemn anyone who has tried it is pretty broad condemnation. I have explained my position on the topic many times, and will not do so again but to say that I believe that alcohol rather than pot be illegal. It is hypocritical if one is legal and the other is not...
But you can be a casual drinker (I don't drink btw). Dope is a gateway drug to more dangerous substances, unlike alcohol.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
But you can be a casual drinker (I don't drink btw). Dope is a gateway drug to more dangerous substances, unlike alcohol.

This is a fallacy. Alcohol is the actual gateway drug, if you do your research...

But I do not intend to argue pro/con pot. My original comment reflects the reality of the situation, many people from all walks of life have tried pot.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I have to agree with IZ and Dr. D. You can use alcohol without becoming buzzed and alcohol in moderation can be beneficial--you can't say the same of weed on either count.

And Muman--you are neither young nor a Christian, so why does this poll matter to you?  :P :laugh:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I have to agree with IZ and Dr. D. You can use alcohol without becoming buzzed and alcohol in moderation can be beneficial--you can't say the same of weed on either count.

And Muman--you are neither young nor a Christian, so why does this poll matter to you?  :P :laugh:

You are wrong with that statement... There are benefits to pot, I have posted them before and since then there have been more benefits discovered. And it is not true that alcohol can be used in moderation. I have witnessed those who drink, and the idiotic things they have done. I have seen alcohol destroy more lives than pot has.

I respect the opinion of Chaim and I do not wish to argue one way or the other. I am stating my opinion in comparison with other substances which people use and abuse. I firmly believe, because of my experiences, that alcohol is WAY more destructive than pot is.

And what difference does it make concerning whether the poll was of Christians? Do you think that means I cannot have an opinion on the topic? At least I have compassion on the entire human race, and not just those of my own people...

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Re: Poll: Half Of Young Christians Support Legalizing Weed Or Have Used It
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 05:07:35 PM »
This is a fallacy. Alcohol is the actual gateway drug, if you do your research...

But I do not intend to argue pro/con pot. My original comment reflects the reality of the situation, many people from all walks of life have tried pot.
The vast majority of alcoholics don't get hooked on heroine, they get hooked on alcohol. The opposite is true about dope.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 05:16:27 PM »
You are wrong with that statement... There are benefits to pot, I have posted them before and since then there have been more benefits discovered. And it is not true that alcohol can be used in moderation. I have witnessed those who drink, and the idiotic things they have done. I have seen alcohol destroy more lives than pot has.

I respect the opinion of Chaim and I do not wish to argue one way or the other. I am stating my opinion in comparison with other substances which people use and abuse. I firmly believe, because of my experiences, that alcohol is WAY more destructive than pot is.

And what difference does it make concerning whether the poll was of Christians? Do you think that means I cannot have an opinion on the topic? At least I have compassion on the entire human race, and not just those of my own people...
Yes it is, if you drink once/twice a week with friends and family. Many people do this and aren't alcoholics. Alcohol can be dangerous if not used right. The risk is you become an alcoholic but you have time to change your ways as it kills you overtime. Dope brings you onto crack/heroine/meth and when you are on any of those three, hope is VERY slim and you are an EXTREME danger to the public.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 05:23:43 PM »
The vast majority of alcoholics don't get hooked on heroine, they get hooked on alcohol. The opposite is true about dope.

A 'gateway drug' is one drug which leads to another. If you ask most heroine addicts what the first drug they used, they will most likely answer 'alcohol'.

A person with an addictive personality usually gets started with alcohol.

But I do also agree that there are uses of alcohol which are completely kosher.

And pot is not always a 'gateway' drug. You are implying that everyone who smokes pot becomes a heroine addict which is complete baloney.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 05:25:35 PM »
Yes it is, if you drink once/twice a week with friends and family. Many people do this and aren't alcoholics. Alcohol can be dangerous if not used right. The risk is you become an alcoholic but you have time to change your ways as it kills you overtime. Dope brings you onto crack/heroine/meth and when you are on any of those three, hope is VERY slim and you are an EXTREME danger to the public.

It is not true, and I don't know where you learn this, that smoking pot leads to doing other drugs.

A person who drinks once/twice a week, as a habitual drinker, is an addict...

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 05:26:03 PM »
Alcohol is legal, tobaco is legal, cough medicine and lots of non prescription drugs are legal... air conditioning gas is legal ... glue is legal ... sorry guys I just don't see why pot is so much more dangerous then any and all of the legal drugs.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 05:44:59 PM »
I have to say, although people can say that "weed doesn't ruin lives" it can certainly be argued that we just don't know how many lives are ruined. In my experience and dabbling there are people who will spend all their money on pot, not buy their kids clothes or food because they spent all their money on pot, won't get a job because they're to busy smoking pot and on welfare. I actually had a friend whos uncle got lung cancer and only smoked pot. Pot isn't some miracle harmless drug like pro-pot people will argue.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 06:05:35 PM »
I have to say, although people can say that "weed doesn't ruin lives" it can certainly be argued that we just don't know how many lives are ruined. In my experience and dabbling there are people who will spend all their money on pot, not buy their kids clothes or food because they spent all their money on pot, won't get a job because they're to busy smoking pot and on welfare. I actually had a friend whos uncle got lung cancer and only smoked pot. Pot isn't some miracle harmless drug like pro-pot people will argue.

I accept that it may be your experience but it is not my experience that pot smokers are addicted to the point that they don't take care of their responsibilities. I have known coke fiends and alcoholics who have gone to heck and let things go... And nobody (not myself) purport it to be completely harmless, as everything we consume has it's pros and cons.

But we must find some statistics if we are going to truly argue the pros/cons of this issue.

I do not necessarily want to start this argument, as we are going to be getting ready for Shabbat soon..

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 06:20:08 PM »
A 'gateway drug' is one drug which leads to another. If you ask most heroine addicts what the first drug they used, they will most likely answer 'alcohol'.

A person with an addictive personality usually gets started with alcohol.

But I do also agree that there are uses of alcohol which are completely kosher.

And pot is not always a 'gateway' drug. You are implying that everyone who smokes pot becomes a heroine addict which is complete baloney.
No I'm not, I just stating the fact that a heroine addict starts off on dope.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 06:25:58 PM »

There is no point in white washing pot smoking here.  It's one thing if one experimented and will never do it again, it's another thing to say, "Well, we were all young and it's just fine."

I'll say the same thing about pre marital sex.  Best not to have sex outside of marriage...and best not to try pot or other harmful drugs like cigarette, cigar, pipe, or hooka smoking (which are legal, but better if it wasn't).
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein