Author Topic: What if "Women in Tefillin" catches on?  (Read 22076 times)

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Re: What if "Women in Tefillin" catches on?
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 04:32:49 PM »
Now that Justice Minister Livni has got her porky chilonette fingers involved in support of the Wall Women against Religion Minister Bennett http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/168031#.UZPvdMtBTn4
let's hope it escalates beyond a cause celebre and somehow brings the whole disreputable system down! "The only way to being a New Order is to do away with the Old Order!"

Offline City Yossi

• New JTFer
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 06:54:17 AM »
 If "Women in Tefillin" catches on, I will hang myself with my tefillin strap.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 11:30:39 AM »
Good: although she's also a feminist, now Miri Regev flays Livni: "Your meddling will cause the spilling of blood at the Kotel!"
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/168047#.UZT6zMtBTn4

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2013, 10:42:54 PM »
http://machonshilo.org/en/eng/component/content/article/34-featured/636-the-women-of-the-wall-is-there-a-problem

The Western Wall recently was the scene of confrontation between Women of the Wall and haredim. How are we to view this group of Jewish women? Rabbi David Bar-Hayim explains in the following interview:

In English

?נשות הכותל: האם יש כאן בעיה
עברית

Also Rav Ilan Meirov of Chazaq explains

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/168056

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a3DkSBuTWBs
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2013, 01:03:45 AM »
Thank you so much for posting the video. What a great Rabbi, I had not heard of him until now and am glad I did.

As for my video, I was not able to find it.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2013, 10:16:56 AM »

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2013, 11:08:47 AM »
Even if one held that women could wear tefillin as an optional mitzvah like with the mitzvot of shofar, sukkah, and lulav, they wouldn't need a kippa for it. The kippa is outright cross dressing. Only a married Jewish women should cover her hair but a kippa wouldn't count because it doesn't cover the hair and it's a men's garment.

That woman is so gay. She's not as ugly as the others though. What kind of man would marry such a woman that dresses like that?

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2013, 08:53:54 AM »
What's good is when like a true Aussie he says at 10.50:

"For you this is just part of a smoke screen in order to beguile, deceive and screen your true intentions, then no, we are putting you on notice that we know what you are about and we oppose all those ideas and notions which are not truly rooted in the eternal values & principles of Torah Judaism".

In the future Messianic Kahanist Government when the Death Penalty will be reinstated, we will need rabbis, dayanim and judges who will be able to implementing it, instead of the pathetic, limp-wristed over-merciful specimens we have today.

Bar Chayim looks like he will be well up to the job!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:26:24 PM by Yerusha »

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2013, 09:19:54 AM »
Women are more perfect than men in  so many ways.  So why do these women want to lower their level and imitate us men?  I just don't get it.  If anything, men should strive to be equal to women.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2013, 10:12:52 AM »
Women are more perfect than men in  so many ways.  So why do these women want to lower their level and imitate us men?  I just don't get it.  If anything, men should strive to be equal to women.

These women in particular are lower than most humans. Its been said before they want deformist control.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2013, 04:46:21 PM »

In the future Messianic Kahanist Government when the Death Penalty will be reinstated, we will need rabbis, dayanim and judges who will be able to implementing it, instead of the pathetic, limp-wristed over-merciful specimens we have today. 

There will be no death penalty in the Messianic Era because people won't have free will anymore so no one will be evil. Everyone will follow the mitzvot so there will be no need for the death penalty. All evil people will die before the Messianic Era.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2013, 04:58:13 PM »
These women in particular are lower than most humans. Its been said before they want deformist control.
These "women" are lower than most Muslims.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2013, 05:07:58 PM »
These woman are worse than Korach and worse than Korach's wife.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2013, 05:30:57 PM »

There will be no death penalty in the Messianic Era because people won't have free will anymore so no one will be evil. Everyone will follow the mitzvot so there will be no need for the death penalty. All evil people will die before the Messianic Era.

I don't think its exactly true. The Messiah and those loyal Jews will enforce Torah law upon society. Soo I dont think that people will necessarily loose their free choice. Perhaps in a different later stage like Olam Haba (which already exists).

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2013, 05:46:23 PM »
I don't think its exactly true. The Messiah and those loyal Jews will enforce Torah law upon society. Soo I dont think that people will necessarily loose their free choice. Perhaps in a different later stage like Olam Haba (which already exists).

We lose our free will?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2013, 05:51:01 PM »
We lose our free will?

I just explained that we don't. not in this world and not when Moshiah comes either (which is this world).

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2013, 05:56:25 PM »

I just explained that we don't. not in this world and not when Moshiah comes either (which is this world).

... so when then?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2013, 06:07:24 PM »

Techiyat HaMeitim is in This World in the Messianic Era. Only the Righteous will be resurrected.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2013, 06:11:01 PM »
My understanding concerning this is that free will will still exist during the age of Moshiach, yet nobody will desire to transgress the law...

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/832728/jewish/Free-Choice-When-Moshiach-Comes.htm

Question:

Will we still have freedom of choice when Moshiach comes? From what I've read, it seems like we will automatically do the right thing. And without any decisions to make, won't life be pretty boring?

Response:

I like this question. When Moshiach comes, there won't be the many layers of confusion that make life so difficult. Priorities will change. We will sense the importance and beauty of the Torah and Mitzvot. Being generous with others will be natural. Divine wisdom will shine through every aspect of the world. In the words of the prophet, "The entire world will be filled with knowledge of G‑d as waters cover the ocean."1

And with the truth so obvious, who will be able to do anything wrong?

However, good versus evil is not the only decision we make in life. There's another sort of free choice too--one that will even apply even when Moshiach comes: Good versus better.

Today, the question is often whether or not we do a certain good deed. When Moshiach comes, it will be to what extent we do that Mitzvah. Will we push ourselves to the max or just be satisfied with a regular job. Today, we choose between using our talents for good things or bad things. When Moshiach comes, we will choose between nurturing those talents even further or just letting them be.

I think this answers your second question. You are right. Obstacles give us excitement. They provide us with a drive for life. When Moshiach comes, that drive will be there--only in a different form.

Think of both an airplane and a rocket. They both require a form of resistance in order to fly. In the airplane, this resistance is provided through interplay with an external factor: the varied degrees of air pressure on both sides of the wings. Now, above a certain elevation this is no longer possible. You have to create your own resistance that pushes downwards. This is the rocket.

Today, our battle is between good and bad. With evil working against us, we make the right decisions and propel ourselves forward. But when Moshiach comes, we'll leave this atmosphere. Evil will become a no-brainier. We will need our own rockets - the challenge of good versus better. And we will use freedom of choice to decide just how high we want to soar.

As the Talmud tells us, "Tzadikim have no rest, neither in this world, nor in the next." In the words of the prophet, "They go from strength to strength."2

FOOTNOTES
1.   Isaiah 11:9
2.   Talmud, Brachot 64a
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2013, 06:56:54 PM »

Techiyat HaMeitim is in This World in the Messianic Era. Only the Righteous will be resurrected.

Moshiah and Tehiyah HaMeitim are different things and different eras. Moshiah can die and then his son (or whatever other system of rulership we will have) will take over and be the next leader. Nothing supernatural is needed at all.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2013, 06:59:12 PM »
Moshiah and Tehiyah HaMeitim are different things and different eras. Moshiah can die and then his son (or whatever other system of rulership we will have) will take over and be the next leader. Nothing supernatural is needed at all.

Are you suggesting that Techiyat HaMatim does not exist in this world? Everything which I have seen concerning this says it will actually occur in the natural world, not in the spiritual world alone...

Also, you should be clear that the Moshiach cannot die if he has not completed his job. As always he must at least begin the ingathering of exiles, rebuilding the Temple, and bringing Torah to the entire world... If he dies before accomplishing this, he is certainly not Moshiach.

http://www.aish.com/sp/pr/48955471.html

To understand what we mean by the "end of the world," we need to go over some of the fundamental axioms of Judaism that are no doubt familiar to most readers. Judaism teaches that the world as we know it will culminate with Techiyat Hametim, or the Resurrection of the Dead which will be immediately followed by the Day of Final Judgment. Those who pass Judgment will enter the next world, whereas those who will fail to pass muster will be refused entry and consigned to oblivion; if you are unable to enter the World to Come, you no longer have an alternative world in which to be.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2013, 07:07:50 PM »
From Rambams Law of Kings:

http://www.chabad.org/library/moshiach/article_cdo/aid/101744/jewish/Laws-Concerning-Kings-and-the-Messiah.htm

4. If a king arises from the House of David23 who meditates on the Torah and occupies himself with the commandments like his ancestor David, in accordance with the written and oral Torah,24 and he will prevail upon all of Israel to walk in [the ways of the Torah] and strengthen its breaches,25 and he will fight the battles of G-d26 it may be assumed that he is Mashiach.27

If he did [these things] successfully (and defeated all the nations around him28), built the Sanctuary on its site29 and gathered the dispersed of Israel he is definitely Mashiach!30 He will [then] correct the entire world to serve G-d in unity, as it is said, “For then I will turn to the peoples a pure tongue that all shall call upon the Name of G-d and serve Him with one consent.”31

(If he did not succeed to that extent or was killed, it is clear that he is not the [Mashiach] promised by the Torah … for all the prophets said that Mashiach is the redeemer of Israel and their savior, and he gathers their dispersed and reinforces their commandments…)32

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2013, 07:08:33 PM »
Are you suggesting that Techiyat HaMatim does not exist in this world? Everything which I have seen concerning this says it will actually occur in the natural world, not in the spiritual world alone...

Also, you should be clear that the Moshiach cannot die if he has not completed his job. As always he must at least begin the ingathering of exiles, rebuilding the Temple, and bringing Torah to the entire world... If he dies before accomplishing this, he is certainly not Moshiach.

Reread my comments, carefully this time and don't put words into my mouth (or keyboard in this case).
 1) The Ressurection of the dead certainly exists.
 2) Go read what moshiah's job is. Resurrecting people is not one of them. In fact your didn't even mention it in your post here.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2013, 07:14:20 PM »
Reread my comments, carefully this time and don't put words into my mouth (or keyboard in this case).
 1) The Ressurection of the dead certainly exists.
 2) Go read what moshiah's job is. Resurrecting people is not one of them. In fact your didn't even mention it in your post here.

I read your post and it seemed to me you were implying that the Ressurection would not occur in the physical world.. Your response to Binyamin gave this impression... At least this is the way I interpreted your response.

I never said that Moshiach has to resurrect anyone or do anything supernatural. But I was just confused because you seemed to imply that the Ressurection was considered a supernatural occurance..

Also, remember that Rambams opinion is not the final say on these issues, there are other sages who disagree about the order of events...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2013, 07:16:29 PM »
But I was just confused because you seemed to imply that the Ressurection was considered a supernatural occurance..

It is supernatural that doesn't mean it didn't or wont happen.