Author Topic: Ask JTF for May 12, 2013 is ready, baruch Hashem  (Read 1093 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Ask JTF for May 12, 2013 is ready, baruch Hashem
« on: May 12, 2013, 10:27:34 PM »
בס''ד

The program is 1 hour and 4 minutes this week:

For those who would like to download the file for their MP3 players or iPods, the link is provided below:
http://www.jtf.org/ask/2013-05-12.mp3

Please "like" and join our great new English JTF Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jewish-Task-Force-JTF/460701807304711

And please "like" and join our Hebrew Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/HayaminORG

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Ask JTF for May 12, 2013 is ready, baruch Hashem
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 02:27:00 AM »
Here is a story explaining what shenanigans the IRS engaged in. I agree that this is an explosive development. Shades of Nixons 'enemies list' are evident. One thing is certain, the demoncrats engage in the most wicked political games of any party.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Susan-Collins-IRS-Conservatives/2013/05/12/id/504029

Susan Collins: I Don't Buy 'Rogue Agents' Claim
Sunday, 12 May 2013 01:14 PM

Republicans said Sunday that the Internal Revenue Service's heightened scrutiny of conservative political groups was "chilling" and further eroded public trust in government.

Lawmakers said President Barack Obama personally should apologize for targeting tea party organizations and they challenged the tax agency's blaming of low-level workers.

"I just don't buy that this was a couple of rogue IRS employees," said Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine. "After all, groups with 'progressive' in their names were not targeted similarly."

Latest: Is Obama in Cover-Up on Benghazi? Vote Here

If it were just a small number of employees, she said, "then you would think that the high-level IRS supervisors would have rushed to make this public, fired the employees involved, apologized to the American people and informed Congress. None of that happened in a timely way."

The IRS said Friday that it was sorry for what it called the "inappropriate" targeting of the conservative groups during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status. The agency blamed low-level employees, saying no high-level officials were aware.

But according to a draft of a watchdog's report obtained Saturday by The Associated Press that seemingly contradicts public statements by the IRS commissioner, senior IRS officials knew agents were targeting tea party groups as early as 2011.

The Treasury Department's inspector general for tax administration is expected to release the results of a nearly yearlong investigation in the coming week.

Lois G. Lerner, who heads the IRS division that oversees tax-exempt organizations, said last week that the practice was initiated by low-level workers in Cincinnati and was not motivated by political bias.

But on June 29, 2011, Lerner learned at a meeting that groups were being targeted, according to the watchdog's report. At the meeting, she was told that groups with "Tea Party," ''Patriot" or "9/12 Project" in their names were being flagged for additional and often burdensome scrutiny, the report says.

The 9/12 Project is a group started by conservative TV personality Glenn Beck.

Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., said "the conclusion that the IRS came to is that they did have agents who were engaged in intimidation of political groups is as dangerous a problem the government can have."

He added, "This should send a chill up your spine . . . I don't know where it stops or who is involved."

Congressional Republicans already are conducting several investigations and asked for more.

"This mea culpa is not an honest one," said Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif.

After the AP report Saturday, White House press secretary Jay Carney said that if the inspector general "finds that there were any rules broken or that conduct of government officials did not meet the standards required of them, the president expects that swift and appropriate steps will be taken to address any misconduct."

Collins said the revelations about the nation's tax agency only contribute to "the profound distrust that the American people have in government. It is absolutely chilling that the IRS was singling out conservative groups for extra review."

She said she was disappointed that Obama "hasn't personally condemned this." The president, Collins said, "needs to make crystal clear that this is totally unacceptable."

Lerner said that about 300 groups were singled out for additional review, with about one-quarter scrutinized because they had "tea party" or "patriot" somewhere in their applications.

Lerner said 150 of the cases have been closed and no group had its tax-exempt status revoked, though some withdrew their applications.

Collins appeared on CNN's "State of the Union," Rogers was on "Fox News Sunday" and Issa spoke on NBC's "Meet the Press."
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 07:16:24 AM »
Thank you, Chaim.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 05:41:23 PM »
I should explain what I was asking Chaim.  In 2007, I asked for chaim's help with a problem I had with an anti-semitic neighbor.  I typed his name.  This neighbor was then running for the board of directors of my co-op and threatened to throw out every Jewish resident including me.  So, I asked for JTF's help.  Chaim said that he doesn't do that kind of work.  But, he was glad that I went to him for help.  After I was banned in Feb. 2008, that November, the same neighbor decided to get even with me and report me to the mobile crisis unit of Elmhurst hospital in NY and said that I had a "mental diesese".  The people who work there were stupid enough to believe that.  I didn't know that this neighbor did that until 3 years later in 2011.  Last May, he did it again because I posted something on a group on Facebook that I belong to.  I did file a harrassment complaint agianst this neighbor.  So, that's why I told Chaim about it.  This neighbor called JTF a "terriorist organiazation", and that's why he reported me to Elmhurst.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 06:03:13 PM »
Chaim, I'm glad that you mentioned the IRS thing.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 03:22:15 AM »
I enjoyed the program Chaim thank you.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 09:59:04 PM »
Establish a civil action for damages for tortious tax administration, including malicious tax investigations, extortions, leaked information, and grand jury abuse.

What is going on now is nothing new:

Presidents, including Roosevelt, Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon, are among the most conspicuous abusers. Roosevelt went after Andrew Mellon, the Republican secretary of the treasury for many years. Kennedy went after right-wing Christian ministers who criticized his Catholicism in the 1960 campaign. Johnson went after all the key people in Goldwater's organization. According to Karl Hess, on of the rights of the victors in a presidential election is to audit the losers. Secret Nixon tapes reveal dangerous conspiracy, led by Nixon, to use the IRS to purge the government of his enemies. If then Commissioner Johnny Walker would not cooperate with the purge, the White House was to replace him with a new commissioner willing to the dirty work.....

Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,