Author Topic: Manhattan, NY - NYPD Traffic Agent Stops Muslim Man with Machete Praying on Wal  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!

Manhattan, NY - Police have arrested a man in lower Manhattan after they found a machete and hunting knife in his car - and a receipt for a 9-mm. handgun in his wallet.

Mbye Gaye was spotted by a traffic agent after he drove his car the wrong way on Worth St. in lower Manhattan.
The 27-year-old Gambian national parked near Federal Plaza, unrolled a yoga mat on the sidewalk and started praying toward Mecca. When a traffic enforcement agent asked him what he was doing, Gaye mumbled that he was a "soldier of Islam," and that "people were after him."

Investigators found the machete and hunting knife lying on the front seat of his car. Inside Gaye's wallet was a receipt for a 9-mm. Jimenez Arms pistol.
He was arrested by the NYPD for possession of a weapon and his vehicle was seized. [Daily News]

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member

Manhattan, NY - Police have arrested a man in lower Manhattan after they found a machete and hunting knife in his car - and a receipt for a 9-mm. handgun in his wallet.

Mbye Gaye was spotted by a traffic agent after he drove his car the wrong way on Worth St. in lower Manhattan.
The 27-year-old Gambian national parked near Federal Plaza, unrolled a yoga mat on the sidewalk and started praying toward Mecca. When a traffic enforcement agent asked him what he was doing, Gaye mumbled that he was a "soldier of Islam," and that "people were after him."

Investigators found the machete and hunting knife lying on the front seat of his car. Inside Gaye's wallet was a receipt for a 9-mm. Jimenez Arms pistol.
He was arrested by the NYPD for possession of a weapon and his vehicle was seized. [Daily News]
any relaton to marvin gaye
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Can you please provide a link to the story? I might want to put in on my blog. 

Thanks

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer

As for the gun, must by pretty tiny to fit inside of a bill fold.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!

Thanks

It was from the Daily News. They updated their site for todays news and I can't find it.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member

Thanks
Found a link    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/2007/07/17/2007-07-17_soldier_busted_during_loopy_armed_escapa.html 

'Soldier' busted during loopy armed escapade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, July 17th 2007, 4:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print Email Suggest a Story
A deranged man who called himself a "soldier of Islam" was arrested in lower Manhattan yesterday after investigators found a machete and hunting knife in his car - and a receipt for a 9-mm. handgun in his wallet, sources said.

The 27-year-old Gambian national parked near Federal Plaza, unrolled a yoga mat on the sidewalk and started praying toward Mecca shortly before 5 p.m., sources said. When a traffic enforcement agent asked him what he was doing, Gaye mumbled that he was a "soldier of Islam," and that "people were after him," sources said.

He was arrested by the NYPD for possession of a weapon and his vehicle was seized.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03