Author Topic: What present to buy non-religious relatives celebrating Bar/Bat Mitzva?  (Read 1958 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
In a short time from now, one of my cousins will be coming to Israel with his family to celebrate both a Bar and Bat Mitzva. The family is not halachicly observant, but like many Jews celebrates certain easy or cultural Jewish customs and commandments.
I want, bli neder, to give the children a spiritually uplifting Bar or Bat Mitzva gift and I would like to get some suggestions what to buy, that they will actually use instead of just storing away in a closet.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Dont know how much you intend to spend. By us usually we give cash for the party seat. (between $125-$150 per person unless a cousin and close family which is more per person).

Let me know how much (or range) you want to spend.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I would think any Bar or Bat Mitzvah would like to receive an iPad or Tablet or accessories. Although they may already have them, or be receiving them from other family members.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Perhaps a little bit of money and then some books about Judaism?