Author Topic: I'm working on some Kahanist songs  (Read 1405 times)

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
I'm working on some Kahanist songs
« on: July 19, 2007, 09:24:16 PM »
I got 2 Kahanist songs I'm in the early process of writing and recording.  The first one is a simple pop/rock inspirational song called "bring Chaim home" (guess what the Chorus is) and the second one is a musically complex emotional depressing hard rock Ozzy Ozbourne style song that is mostly a dialog with only a musical chorus on the guitar with a few clips of the Rav spliced in that may not work out because I am having trouble writing (and playing) the music since it is a very complex song especially on the drums and I only have a rudimentary musical ability at this point.   The first one I predict will take a few months to come out since this stuff is slow, so far I recorded the vocals and basic drum pattern of the first minute.  The later song will take a much longer time since my first version didn't sound good enough and was abandoned so I restarted with a completely different song.  The original version of the second song was a dialog between Israel and G-d where Israel basically asks why G-d is so far away and G-d quotes the verse in Judges about how we didn't listen to G-d to drive out the evil inhabitants of Israel, also with clips of the Rav spliced in.  The newer version is basically the same kind of song (also quoting the verse in judges) but a completely different arrangement and different music altogether, but is much more complex and I don't know if it will hold up.  The only disadvantage is that the lyrics in the first version sounded much better than this one but musically it didn't work out and I hit a dead wall. 

I'll post the lyrics to the first song and the part of the second one that I did so far shortly (within a week) so you guys can help me out and help me write the rest of the song.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 11:02:37 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

newman

Re: I'm working on some Kahanist songs
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 09:27:17 PM »
I've pretty well got new Jewish (different) lyrics for existing songs.

Do you do covers?

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 09:33:16 PM »
Doing stuff from existing songs is easy, like replacing "You were born to be my baby" song by Bon Jovi with "I was born to be an extremist" (I just thought of this  :laugh:)  But making songs yourself is really hard and takes forever, plus once you have the song, recording it takes 3 times as long since it is a very difficult process.  Many songs fail in either process.  When they are finished or I make progress I'll post them here, I don't do covers or CDs. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 09:34:50 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

newman

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 09:39:32 PM »
I had an idea for cover of 'rednek woman' if you know any Jewesses who can sing. ' I'm a settler woman ' would be a hoot and get up the muzzies' noses too.