Author Topic: Washington - $1 Billion Funds For Emergency Radios For Entire Nation.  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Washington - The government announced it will distribute nearly $1 billion to help states and cities fix communications problems between emergency responders.

Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said the money could get the entire country up to a basic standard by 2009. [ap]

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

newman

Forget the radios. Chuck out the muslims and we won't need any emergency radios.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
The radios on 9/11 failed and cost us many firefighters. They are crucial.

No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Yeah if the if the towelheads were chucked out then their would be no terror. If the shvartzas and the illegals were thrown out we wouldn't need police.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
No. What about accidents, big fires, these radios don't work well, period.

If your school, synagogue, house, or whatever went up in an inferno and the FF are there to save it they deserve to be able to communicate with each other.

newman

I know we need Good emergency equipment. The point I'm making is that it's stupid to run around in a flap about emergency radios whilst criminals and terrorist are waltzing into the country unchecked.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
At least they are doing one thing right.

That we should encourage.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
This is just a bandaid on the problem. We need to throw the Muslims out.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Yea, but Muslims or no Muslims fires happen and the heroes that fight them deserve communication devices.

newman

Some good people buy burglar alarms, others buy guns. I prefurr to buy the guns and waste every slime who even thinks about burglary.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
Re: Washington - $1 Billion Funds For Emergency Radios For Entire Nation.
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 08:42:30 AM »
Quote from: Yisrael link=topic=6980.msg60436#msg60436 date=
Washington - The government announced it will distribute nearly $1 billion to help states and cities fix communications problems between emergency responders.

Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said the money could get the entire country up to a basic standard by 2009. [ap]

Hmm, decision is made to distribute money 6 years after 9/11.  Entire country up to BASIC standard 8 years after 9/11.  Yeah, this sounds like a government program alright.

Sounds like the equivalent of the US waiting until 1947 to deploy and protect radar installations after the Pearl Harbor attack.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 01:16:26 PM »
Whats going to stop Muslim attacks, motorolas or a gun pointed to a Muslims head. I would take the gun.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 01:17:31 PM »
I think that everyone should carry a handgun and keep an assault rifle at home.

Of course do it legally.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Yisrael link=topic=6980.msg60564#msg60564 date=

Of course do it legally.

Would that be assault rifle as in fully automatic weapon, because you can't do that legally in the US.  If you mean the mainstream media's version of "assault rifle", which is a semi-automatic weapon, I agree.
---Thomas Jefferson

newman

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 04:04:58 PM »

Of course do it legally.

Would that be assault rifle as in fully automatic weapon, because you can't do that legally in the US.  If you mean the mainstream media's version of "assault rifle", which is a semi-automatic weapon, I agree.

In Iraq, every arab family is allowed to posess 1 fully automatic assault weapon for home defense by the US forces.

In NYC a little old lady can't own 1 .32 revolver!...........Go figure.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 08:40:35 PM »

Of course do it legally.

You sure?

I thought only in NYC (and some other crazy cities) you weren't allowed to own a fully automatic weapon?

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 10:35:51 AM »
Quote from: Yisrael link=topic=6980.msg60760#msg60760 date=
Quote from: HiWarp link=topic=6980.msg60600#msg60600 date=

Of course do it legally.

You sure?

I thought only in NYC (and some other crazy cities) you weren't allowed to own a fully automatic weapon?

Unfortunately.....

Federal Firearms Regulations

[Disclaimer: Firearms laws change frequently, and vary from state to state. None of the information here should be considered legal advice or a legal restatement of any Federal firearms laws or regulations. Consult a lawyer, your local law enforcement, and/or the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms for further information regarding firearms laws and taxes in your area.]

It has been unlawful since 1934 (The National Firearms Act) for civilians to own machine guns without special permission from the U.S. Treasury Department. Machine guns are subject to a $200 tax every time their ownership changes from one federally registered owner to another, and each new weapon is subject to a manufacturing tax when it is made, and it must be registered with the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) in its National Firearms Registry.

To become a registered owner, a complete FBI background investigation is conducted, checking for any criminal history or tendencies toward violence, and an application must be submitted to the BATF including two sets of fingerprints, a recent photo, a sworn affidavit that transfer of the NFA firearm is of "reasonable necessity," and that sale to and possession of the weapon by the applicant "would be consistent with public safety." The application form also requires the signature of a chief law enforcement officer with jurisdiction in the applicant's residence.

Since the Firearms Owners' Protection Act of May 19, 1986, ownership of newly manufactured machine guns has been prohibited to civilians. Machine guns which were manufactured prior to the Act's passage are regulated under the National Firearms Act, but those manufactured after the ban cannot ordinarily be sold to or owned by civilians.

(Sources: talk.politics.guns FAQ, part 2, "FAQ on National Firearms Act Weapons", and from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, National Firearms Act FAQ. See also, "The Firearms Owners' Protection Act: A Historical and Legal Perspective" [Hardy, 1986]) )

Twenty-five states have no further restrictions on civilian ownership of machine guns (some require registration with the state) than what is required by federal law. Other states have either placed further restrictions or outlawed operable machine guns to civilians entirely. For further details see NRA state firearm law summaries.
---Thomas Jefferson