Author Topic: I predict the demise of CONservative "Judaism"(sic)  (Read 984 times)

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
I predict the demise of CONservative "Judaism"(sic)
« on: July 08, 2013, 04:20:49 AM »
I predict the demise of the disgustingly misnamed CONservative movement.
Why? Because now that they have female rabbis & women in talitot & kipot as well as same sex chupot they are now redundant & might as well merge with Reform.
Those that want tradition have already jumped ship & joined Orthodox or Traditional shuls & those that want egalitarian liberalism  will join Reform temples.
Mark my words now that they have done the above how far away is patrilinial descent?
This is a done deal also because whatever Reform does CONservative does 10-20 years later.
CONservative is no longer middle ground but a less honest version of Reform.
At least Reform is honest & says openly they reject halacha while CONservative claims to be halachic while openly violating & now that people see the redunancy & hypocracy they are voting with their feet & going elsewhere.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: I predict the demise of CONservative "Judaism"(sic)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 05:07:38 AM »
Any sect that is off the fence of halacha is doomed to die out.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 05:52:18 AM »
Any sect that is off the fence of halacha is doomed to die out.
Indeed!!!!

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 10:48:48 AM »
רְחֵקֶיךָ יֹאבֵדוּ - "Those who go far from You will go lost!" (Tehillim 73)

Unfortunately many erstwhile Orthodox & Haredi strict observers of the Halacha are also destined to go lost for having "spurned the pleasant Land" in supporting "Land for Peace/Piece" on the grounds of spurious Halacha - thereby entering the category of
קשר רשעים - "A Conspiracy of the Wicked" - as R.Kahane often used to refer to in the case of King Chizkiya vs the High Priest Shevna.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 12:38:36 PM »
I hope your prediction is correct.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 01:16:41 PM »
I predict the demise of the disgustingly misnamed CONservative movement.
Why? Because now that they have female rabbis & women in talitot & kipot as well as same sex chupot they are now redundant & might as well merge with Reform.
Those that want tradition have already jumped ship & joined Orthodox or Traditional shuls & those that want egalitarian liberalism  will join Reform temples.
Mark my words now that they have done the above how far away is patrilinial descent?
This is a done deal also because whatever Reform does CONservative does 10-20 years later.
CONservative is no longer middle ground but a less honest version of Reform.
At least Reform is honest & says openly they reject halacha while CONservative claims to be halachic while openly violating & now that people see the redunancy & hypocracy they are voting with their feet & going elsewhere.

In high school, there was a girl who claimed to be Jewish through her father. I said she wasn't Jewish if her mother isn't. So people said how could she not be Jewish if she had a Bat Mitzvah. She said she was called up to the Torah in a Conservative synagogue. So I guess some Conservatives already follow patrilineal descent and call up shicksas to the Torah.

Keep in mind that I graduated high school in 2000 so that means Conservative synagogues calling up shicksas to the Torah already was happening in the Mid-1990's. 

People said my high school was 60% Jewish but I wonder how many were really Halachically Jewish. I also heard of cases of people whose mother "converted" yet the kids call themselves "half Jewish" from the father's side and celebrate X-mas with the maternal grandparents. They don't realize that I they were Jewish at all, it would be because of the mother's conversion. My sister had a friend whose mother "converted" in the Deform way while pregnant and she said she's "half Jewish". But obviously those conversions are fake. In fact, the case of my sister's friend is what led me to believe that Deform conversions are fake.