Author Topic: Does anybody remember The Jewish Paper & SOIL?  (Read 571 times)

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Does anybody remember The Jewish Paper & SOIL?
« on: July 01, 2013, 01:09:30 AM »
Does anybody remember The Jewish Paper & SOIL & who ran them?
The only people here that would know the answer would be either Chaim,myself or anybody over 50 who was active in the cause back in the day.
So Chaim please don't answer because I am curious to see who else here remembers.
I will provide the answer later today or tomorrow.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Does anybody remember The Jewish Paper & SOIL?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 11:12:45 AM »
Okay nobody guessed so I'll give the answer:
The Jewish Paper Editor in chief,Victor Vancier (Now Known as Chaim Pesach)
SOIL (Save Our Israel)  a JDL front group ran by Chaim & Dov Hinkind

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 06:10:50 PM »
בס''ד

Wow, if you remember The Jewish Paper and SOIL, you must be a veteran Kahanist from the old days.

The Jewish Paper was printed in 1977.

Save Our Israel (SOIL) was active from late 1974 until late 1976 for two years.

It's good to know that someone remembers these things which are an important part of Kahanist history.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 11:51:50 PM »
As matter of fact I went to Camp Jedel in 74 & lasted all 8 weeks.
Also my cousin's son is married to Phil Blum's daughter.
I still remember the words to HaHimnon & the never again song.
I also remember CAIR,Echad,JOY,CJA,Jewish Direct Action,The Voice of Jewish Activism & The Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Activist Organizations as well as HaIton & Kahane Magazine.
BTW,As I remember you used to wear glasses.
You aged way better than I did judging by your picture.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:05:38 AM by ChabadKahanist »

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 02:08:03 AM »

I also remember CAIR,Echad,JOY,CJA,Jewish Direct Action,The Voice of Jewish Activism & The Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Activist Organizations.

As opposed to The Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations (The self-hating Establishment.)?

What is CAIR? I only know the Musilm Nazi organization by that name.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 02:17:13 AM »

As opposed to The Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations (The self-hating Establishment.)?
Yes & also a JDL front group which also included Betar & SSSJ.

What is CAIR? I only know the Musilm Nazi organization by that name.
CAIR (Committee Against Israeli Retreat) which was a JDL front group which was founded way before the current group of  Islamonazis using that name

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 08:28:26 AM »
I read about Save Our Israel Land (SOIL) in a JStor article years ago. I don't know what happened to Dov Hikind, but Rabbi Kahane zt"l certainly didn't have any kind words to say about him prior to his death. There's an article that mentions Dov Hikind in the last volume of Beyond Words.

Please CK, by all means reminisce about Kahanist history all day. A young fellow like me just eats this stuff up. I love it!

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 11:04:52 AM »
I read about Save Our Israel Land (SOIL) in a JStor article years ago. I don't know what happened to Dov Hikind, but Rabbi Kahane zt"l certainly didn't have any kind words to say about him prior to his death. There's an article that mentions Dov Hikind in the last volume of Beyond Words.

Please CK, by all means reminisce about Kahanist history all day. A young fellow like me just eats this stuff up. I love it!
Truth is I never heard the Rav,ZT"L,HY"D say anything one way or another about Hikind.
Perhaps Chaim heard,ask him.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 06:28:13 PM »
Truth is I never heard the Rav,ZT"L,HY"D say anything one way or another about Hikind.
Perhaps Chaim heard,ask him.

Chaim has condemned Hikind in the past on the old QPTV shows and on prior broadcasts of Ask JTF.

I found one paragraph mentioning Hikind in an article penned by the great Rabbi Kahane zt"l. It's more critical of Noach Dear than of Hikind.

Mandela and the Jews of Terror

"Even the Jewish politicians who had considered demonstrating against Mandela announced that they were cancelling it. In the words of Noach Dear and Dov Hikind, local New York professional politicians, "we realized that demonstrations would be misconstrued as anti-black rather than anti-terrorism." More than sad (and let it never be forgotten the part that Dear played in getting Jews to vote for Dinkins)." (Beyond Words, Volume 7, page 280)

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 11:43:33 PM »
Chaim has condemned Hikind in the past on the old QPTV shows and on prior broadcasts of Ask JTF.

I found one paragraph mentioning Hikind in an article penned by the great Rabbi Kahane zt"l. It's more critical of Noach Dear than of Hikind.

Mandela and the Jews of Terror

"Even the Jewish politicians who had considered demonstrating against Mandela announced that they were cancelling it. In the words of Noach Dear and Dov Hikind, local New York professional politicians, "we realized that demonstrations would be misconstrued as anti-black rather than anti-terrorism." More than sad (and let it never be forgotten the part that Dear played in getting Jews to vote for Dinkins)." (Beyond Words, Volume 7, page 280)
When I was still living in NY I don't think Chaim was on TV & we didn't have cable in Brooklyn at the time.
Also I haven't seen the Rebbitzin's book yet.
There was something about Hikind that bothered me when I was still in NY.