Author Topic: More Mexican arrogance reeking from south of the border  (Read 4537 times)

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
More Mexican arrogance reeking from south of the border
« on: October 04, 2006, 03:59:08 PM »
Mexico predicts immigration accord, calls border wall 'useless'
By Mark Stevenson
The Associated Press, October 3, 2006
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/mexico/tijuana/20061003-1207-wst-mexico-borderfences.html

Mexico City (AP) -- President Vicente Fox's spokesman said Tuesday that an extended U.S. border fence was “useless and unworkable,” and he predicted that the two countries would reach some form of immigration accord “sooner or later.”

In a diplomatic note sent to the United States on Monday, Mexico harshly criticized a U.S. Senate vote authorizing 700 miles of new fencing along the border. The project will cost an estimated $1.2 billion.

It must be signed into law by President Bush to become law, and Mexico is lobbying him to veto it.

Fox spokesman Ruben Aguilar said Mexico still wants comprehensive immigration reform that would allow more people to migrate to the United States legally.

Aguilar said the border fence would affect the environment and ecology, and even the reproduction of some species.

But he said Mexico had no plans to file the kind of environmental lawsuit that was used to temporarily block another big U.S. border project, the lining of the All-American Canal, just north of the U.S.-Mexico border. The irrigation canal delivers Colorado River water to farms in California's Imperial Valley.

A 23-mile section of the canal has leaked river water into a groundwater aquifer shared with Mexico for decades, and plaintiffs in the case claimed that farmers and wildlife south of the border now depend on the seepage.

U.S. authorities want to line the earthen structure with concrete to save water. The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in August ordered work on the canal to stop while an appeal is heard in a lawsuit aimed at blocking the project.

“For the moment, a measure like the one used in the case of the All-American Canal is not being contemplated,” Aguilar said.
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: More Mexican arrogance reeking from south of the border
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 04:40:03 PM »
There used to be a huge highway front sign in south Texas promoting a local Pest Control Business.

Promising to destroy all pests and vermin, the advertisement was about 25 ft. high and portrayed a 6 ft. tall greasy Mexican rat, wearing a sombrero and pancho

People with hurt feelings made them take it down.

Maybe it's time to put it back up.

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 10:48:20 AM »
Hell yeah!!! Son of a [censored], it is time to tell Mehico where they can stick their complaints!!  Up the old cornholio!
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Rhuan

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 10:53:21 AM »
I'm not sure I entirely agree with the stop all immigration policy, but the current extent to which immigration is being allowed can only be called madness.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 11:08:59 AM »
I'm not sure I entirely agree with the stop all immigration policy, but the current extent to which immigration is being allowed can only be called madness.
The key word is stop all illeagle immigration. Legal immigration is fine as long as its fair and controlled.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Rhuan

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 11:17:59 AM »
I personally think that what is currrently legal immegration should not all be legal, i.e. letting people into the country who show no loyalty to the state.

Scriabin

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 11:45:03 AM »
Mexico is to America what islam is to the rest of the world.

America's biggest problem is Mexico and not islam.

Of course, the leaders and citizens of the U.S. are ultimately to blame.

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 12:35:21 PM »

Actually, it's both:

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=611.0
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann

Scriabin

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 04:16:41 PM »

Actually, it's both:

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=611.0

I said biggest, not only.  Of course we should wipe islam off the face of the planet.

I'm only speaking of NOW in America...the future is another thing.

Yes...we have many enemies.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 04:21:20 PM by Scriabin »