Author Topic: Solicitation : Articles for JTF-supporting Newsletter (Vision)  (Read 588 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Shalom,

Once again I have had a vision of a JTF-inspired pro-Chaim, pro-Kahanist newsletter which can be sent on a subscription mailing list to all who would like a weekly pamphlet/newsletter which can be printed and distributed in shuls and among minyanim.

I was thinking of titling this 'Jewish Activist Magazine' or something along those lines. But what I thought about this weekend was asking long-time JTF contributors to submit articles which could be inserted into this three-column layout newsletter. I already have the technical skill to assemble this document using a desktop-publishing software titled Scribus which I used two years ago to create a JTF Newsletter which was never duplicated (till this current attempt).

I would like to schedule this document for Sunday evenings, asking for article submissions by Thursday or Friday, and then I would discuss layout with anyone who would like some input to such matters. I could post the link to my own site, or I can upload it to JTF for distribution via the mailing list.

I would be willing to publish any long-time JTF member who I am familiar with regardless of whether we see eye to eye on every topic. What I would like is a small, concise, JTF message oriented pamphlet which could be used to spread the message among the religious Jewish community.

I hope that someone has some input, as I would love to hear from some of you (who I will not name publicly) and look forward to some positive response to this initiative.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Solicitation : Articles for JTF-supporting Newsletter (Vision)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 10:47:52 PM »
Sample from my 2011 newsletter:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 12:13:32 AM »
This looks amazing GREAT JOB!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 03:03:08 PM »
I need some help on this next project. I am hoping that some great JTF members could write a short (5-10 paragraph) articles for insertion into the next newsletter.

I know we have some excellent writers and scholars here. I will assist with any editing needed on these articles and the topics can be anything which the writer thinks would be interesting to the JTF Zionist/Kahanist readership, although I would like to keep things in a way which would offend the so-called moderate zionist.

As I stated I think this newsletter could do a lot to bring those Jews who are on the fence concerning these vital issues (Jewish presence in the entire Holy Land including Judea and Samaria, maintaining our religious sites, and activism against the liberal insanity which is gripping Israel).

We have members who are involved with all kinds of professions, Doctors, Financial wizards, Scientists, Engineers, and between all of us we can produce a persuasive newsletter which can bring more Jews and righteous gentiles to understand us.

I hope to see some suggestions soon. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 03:26:17 PM »
Muman how do you type set the newsletter ?

I like the look of it except I think you should justify the text in the columns. Also it might be a good idea to add a footer with a link to JTF site.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 03:28:40 PM »
I need some help on this next project. I am hoping that some great JTF members could write a short (5-10 paragraph) articles for insertion into the next newsletter.

I know we have some excellent writers and scholars here. I will assist with any editing needed on these articles and the topics can be anything which the writer thinks would be interesting to the JTF Zionist/Kahanist readership, although I would like to keep things in a way which would offend the so-called moderate zionist.

As I stated I think this newsletter could do a lot to bring those Jews who are on the fence concerning these vital issues (Jewish presence in the entire Holy Land including Judea and Samaria, maintaining our religious sites, and activism against the liberal insanity which is gripping Israel).

We have members who are involved with all kinds of professions, Doctors, Financial wizards, Scientists, Engineers, and between all of us we can produce a persuasive newsletter which can bring more Jews and righteous gentiles to understand us.

I hope to see some suggestions soon. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Ill do a few by Sunday, but I think we should have articles written by JTF go on the front page, not just make a newsletter (though it's also great).
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 03:59:22 PM »
Muman how do you type set the newsletter ?

I like the look of it except I think you should justify the text in the columns. Also it might be a good idea to add a footer with a link to JTF site.

Zelhar,

I am using the open-source DTP package called Scribus.... It is possible to justify all lines... And in the new newsletter I will provide a direct link to the JTF site..

http://www.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus

What is a coincidence (and I realized it last night) is that Scribus provides a tutorial which is a pamphlet about Rembrandt, and today is Rembrandts birthday or something...

https://www.google.com/#site=&q=Rembrandt+van+Rijn&oi=ddle&ct=rembrandt_van_rijns_407th_birthday-1993005&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48705608,d.cGE&fp=9d210bc7b1ba3c14&biw=1208&bih=625

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Help:Manual_Quickstart

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 04:05:57 PM »
Ill do a few by Sunday, but I think we should have articles written by JTF go on the front page, not just make a newsletter (though it's also great).

Good idea LKZ.... IMO, We have to do more to get the message out...

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 04:14:23 PM »
Good idea LKZ.... IMO, We have to do more to get the message out...

A political movement needs to be more than a discussion forum. The key in politics is education, media, and might. We have education, but media is lacking beyond the videos, and articles are the best appeal to the intellectual classes.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 04:24:54 PM »
I heard of Scribus but I haven't got to try it.

Maybe I will submit something, if I can bring myself to write some piece of worth, and of course within JTF guidelines.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 03:42:35 AM »
Apologize for the bumping but I really would like to hear from some of you with some ideas for articles.