Author Topic: Illegal to do conversion therapy on gay teens in NJ  (Read 857 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Illegal to do conversion therapy on gay teens in NJ
« on: August 19, 2013, 11:19:44 AM »
The morbidly obese Governor, Chris Crispy Cream, is signing into legislation in NJ to make it illegal for therapists to perform conversion therapy of teens who think they are gay.

Next thing you know, the Bible will be outlawed and the mention of the word "god" will be equally as blasphemous as using the word Ni$$ger.

Welcome to communist USA

http://news.yahoo.com/nj-governor-sign-ban-gay-conversion-therapy-104716697.html

RENTON, N.J. (AP) — Gov. Chris Christie plans to sign a bill Monday barring licensed therapists from trying to turn gay teenagers straight, making New Jersey the second state to ban so-called conversion therapy, along with California.

The bill passed both houses of the New Jersey Legislature with bipartisan support in June. Assemblyman Tim Eustace, who sponsored the bill and is openly gay, described the therapy as "an insidious form of child abuse."

In a signing note accompanying the bill that will be made public Monday, Christie said he believes people are born gay and that homosexuality is not a sin. That view is inconsistent with his Catholic faith, which teaches that homosexual acts are sins.

The Republican governor also said the health risks of trying to change a child's sexual orientation, as identified by the American Psychological Association, outweigh concerns over the government setting limits on parental choice.

"Government should tread carefully into this area," he said in the signing note, which was obtained by The Associated Press, "and I do so here reluctantly."

"However, I also believe that on the issues of medical treatment for children we must look to experts in the field to determine the relative risks and rewards," Christie said, citing a litany of potential ill effects of trying to change sexual orientation, including depression and suicide. "I believe that exposing children to these health risks without clear evidence of benefits that outweigh these serious risks is not appropriate."

Gay rights activists applauded the ban but pushed for more.

"It is our truest hope that the governor will realize, as the majority of the legislature and a super-majority of the pubic have realized, that the best way to ensure lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender youth are protected from the abuse of being ostracized is to provide them with equality," Troy Stevenson, executive director of the state's largest gay rights group, Garden State Equality, said in a statement.

Christie previously vetoed gay marriage legislation. He has said he supports the state's civil union law, which was enacted to give gay couples the benefits of marriage but not the title. Gay couples have since sued, claiming that the law provides unequal treatment to same-sex couples. Their lawyers say the U.S. Supreme Court ruling granting federal benefits to gay married couples strengthens their case in state court, while Christie administration lawyers say the federal government should recognize the state's civil union law as the equivalent to marriage. A trial court decision is expected next month.

Gay rights groups say the practice of conversion therapy is damaging to young people because it tells them that it's not acceptable to be whoever they are.

Some social conservatives framed the debate as a parental rights issue, saying a ban on the counseling would limit the ability of parents to do what they think is best for their children.

The idea of conversion therapy is an old one that has increasingly drawn criticism for its methods. Last year, four gay men sued a Jersey City group for fraud, saying its program included making them strip naked and attack effigies of their mothers with baseball bats.

Lawmakers heard horror stories from some during hearings on the ban, including Brielle Goldani of Toms River, who testified she underwent electric shocks and was given drugs to induce vomiting after being sent to an Ohio camp at age 14 to become straight.

But, they also heard from Tara King, a Brick-based counselor, who said she should be allowed to "fix" what patients, even under-aged clients, want fixed.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
Re: Illegal to do conversion therapy on gay teens in NJ
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 01:57:42 PM »
Before seeing this new thread,   I posted a similar article in the Poll thread that you started regarding Rand Paul,   Chris Christie,  and Hillary' Sodom' 'Arafat ' Clinton.   

When including this news with Chris Christie supporting the Ground Zero Mosque,   his appointment of Muslim judges,  his so called speech at the RNC in which he spoke of himself much more than about Mitt Romney,   and the way he backstabbed Romney after Hurricane Sandy with his appearance with Barack Hussein Obama,    it's imperative that Christie is exposed before the 2016 Iowa Primary.     Millions of Republicans,  including me,   will refuse to vote for this subhuman piece of trash.      If there isn't a 3rd party candidate on the ballot that's acceptable,    I would rather leave the President part of the ballot blank than vote for Christie or the Democrat nominee.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 02:03:28 PM »
That's my hero.
And there's lots of him to love.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 03:56:11 PM »
Before seeing this new thread,   I posted a similar article in the Poll thread that you started regarding Rand Paul,   Chris Christie,  and Hillary' Sodom' 'Arafat ' Clinton.   

When including this news with Chris Christie supporting the Ground Zero Mosque,   his appointment of Muslim judges,  his so called speech at the RNC in which he spoke of himself much more than about Mitt Romney,   and the way he backstabbed Romney after Hurricane Sandy with his appearance with Barack Hussein Obama,    it's imperative that Christie is exposed before the 2016 Iowa Primary.     Millions of Republicans,  including me,   will refuse to vote for this subhuman piece of trash.      If there isn't a 3rd party candidate on the ballot that's acceptable,    I would rather leave the President part of the ballot blank than vote for Christie or the Democrat nominee.

I have a feeling I will not have anyone to vote for in 2016. This will be the first time in my 30+ years voting that I just may sit out because I cannot vote for anyone in good conscience. Even voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 08:17:51 PM »
Interesting you posted this. Chaim and I have been working on this video today. Stay tuned.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 10:41:30 PM »
Oh how I hate this lard butt
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 10:45:12 PM »
What about religious exemptions? What about Freedom of Religion? Doesn't this violate the First Ammendment? Yet the courts claim fags have "Constitutional rights". Fags have the same rights as everyone else: to marry a member of the opposite sex. It's not our problem that they don't want to.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 10:23:35 AM »
I think some of the so-called methods are pseudoscientific at best and abusive at worst, however the idea of conversion therapy should be out there and valid therapies should be available. I just think that it needs to be done by people who aren't crazy and having the kid's strip naked, etc.