Author Topic: Are Chabad or Lubavitch Shuls bad?  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Deer Man 420

• Full JTFer
Are Chabad or Lubavitch Shuls bad?
« on: September 12, 2013, 03:46:50 PM »
I ran across this website, I wonder if it was even written by a jew...
http://www.chabad-mafia.com/

It basically says that Chabad is a organized crime organization and a cult. And never put your kids in a yeshiva that goes by Chabad or Lubavitch.

I ran across this website looking for the PC game mafia that I love. The box art is very similar

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Are Chabad or Lubavitch Shuls bad?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 03:50:02 PM »
This is Jew-hating nonsense. Chabad are some of the best Jews around.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 03:53:25 PM »
What a bunch of BS...

I love Chabad, stand by them, know three Chabad Rabbis personally....

These Jews do the most of just about any organisation to help the Jewish people do mitzvot and keep Jewish.

I went to Rosh Hashana last week with Chabad, and I am going to Yom Kippur with Chabad tomorrow evening.

There are a lot of people who are jealous of Chabad and I believe that leads a lot of people to hate them. And then there is the issue with perceived Messichism (believing the Rebbe to be moshiach). Out here (in CA) I have not met any Chabad Rabbi who teaches or believes that Rebbe was moshiach. All I have heard is that we are close to the time of Moshiach, and  the sparks of Moshiach already exist in the world.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 04:27:27 PM »
This person is definitely not a religious Jew, perhaps not Jewish, perhaps a hiloni. I saw some of the things he/she put up before it included women dancing half naked and he/she promoted it as well.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 05:19:44 PM »
Have heard of them, wonder if they have anything to do with Cole Chabad an orphanage I was considering donating to..

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 06:07:24 AM »
I've been attending the Chabad on and off for a little while and there is so much I respect.  However, I am having some reservations and have had a not so great experience with a new Rabbi I recently met.  I actually just posted a thread on the subject before I even saw this thread.  I have read through the Chabad Mafia website and believe there is a lot of fallacies, but perhaps some unfortunate truths about a few issues.  I don't know..  OP, you can read my experience in my thread.
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 10:39:38 AM »
The Lubavitcher Rebbe passed away 20 years ago, and a new generation of Chabad Hassidim are emerging who were never exposed to his tzidkus & chassidus: hence they are declining in to the studied mediocre middos of most other Haredim.

There are now actually Lubavitchers really in to fashion, something unthinkable when the Rebbe was alive!