Author Topic: Hobby Lobby's "Christian Values"  (Read 961 times)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Hobby Lobby's "Christian Values"
« on: October 04, 2013, 09:13:19 AM »
I've read on first on this forum on a previous post how the owner David Green is sponsoring anti Jewish so called documentary films. Now it seems their "Christian Values" also means excluding any Jewish themed merchandise from their store. It is actually a good thing because any Jews with just a little bit of self respect must exclude their presence from these stores.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/228656

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Hobby Lobby's "Christian Values"
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 08:09:03 PM »
Hobby Lobby, where we lobby for your hobby.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 09:09:02 PM »
I don't think I'll be shopping there any time soon... Sounds like some of the shops have a problem with Jews.

Good Shabbos!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline REDNECK JEW

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 01:11:21 AM »
Honestly I have no issues with Christians, they have FREE WILL on who they desire to be their Messiah, my big issue with Christianity is they eat the flesh of swine, Jesus never said eat pig meat, he said keep all of my fathers laws. So yeah I have a issue with Bacon, and ham sandwich's and pork chop's! eating the flesh of the swine is forbidden and it is a sin...NASTY ...YUCK!
“It is a revolution; a revolution of the most intense character; in which belief in the justice, prudence, and wisdom of secession is blended with the keenest sense of wrong and outrage, and it can no more be checked by human effort for the time than a prairie fire by a gardener’s watering pot.”

JUDAH P. BENJAMIN HEBREW CONFEDERATE

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 04:31:31 AM »
Honestly I have no issues with Christians, they have FREE WILL on who they desire to be their Messiah, my big issue with Christianity is they eat the flesh of swine, Jesus never said eat pig meat, he said keep all of my fathers laws. So yeah I have a issue with Bacon, and ham sandwich's and pork chop's! eating the flesh of the swine is forbidden and it is a sin...NASTY ...YUCK!
It's only specifically forbidden to Jews. Kosher laws are for Jews. Noachide law don't forbid gentiles from eating pork or any other animal it only deals with how they may obtain their meat (like no cruelty, no eating from the still living etc.).

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 07:50:22 AM »

It's forbidden for people who believe in Orthodox Judaism. It is not forbidden in the Christian faith unless someone chooses to follow the kosher laws of their own will. Following kosher is not required in the Christian faith. The main relevant chapter that explains this is Acts chapter 10.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 11:15:15 AM »
It's forbidden for people who believe in Orthodox Judaism. It is not forbidden in the Christian faith unless someone chooses to follow the kosher laws of their own will. Following kosher is not required in the Christian faith. The main relevant chapter that explains this is Acts chapter 10.
What do you think of the Green family and their businesses ?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 12:13:22 PM »
What do you think of the Green family and their businesses ?

I'm curious to know more about the documentary film that was mentioned in the first post in this thread. I must have missed that information when it was first posted here.

What they stock in their store is sufficient to make any kind of decorations someone would want to make. They have blue and white craft paints of all kinds, rhinestones, glass gems, glue, craft foam, mod podge, craft wire, hot glue, etc. It's a craft store, if someone is shopping there, they might just want to MAKE some decorations. And it probably wouldn't be very difficult either to make some holiday decorations with the items available in the store.

If people want pre-made holiday decorations why not buy them at a store that is more likely to carry them, or order them online?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 12:18:30 PM »
I could probably teach people how to make decorations if they tell me what it is they want to make (as long as it's not overly complicated).

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 01:04:05 PM »
Here is the thread:
http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,71745.msg609662.html#msg609662

And this link specifically mentions Mart Green:
http://frontpagemag.com/2013/jim-fletcher/rise-of-the-anti-israel-evangelicals/

Even millionaire businessman Mart Green has gotten into the act, producing the 2011 film, “Little Town of Bethlehem,” which purports to give a balanced view of the Arab-Israeli conflict, but in fact tilts heavily toward the Palestinians. Green, who keeps a low profile, is firmly entrenched in the Bible Belt, both figuratively and literally. His Mardel Christian bookstore chain is headquartered in Oklahoma City, along with his family’s Hobby Lobby empire.

Among the skewed charges emanating from within the fort of Evangelicalism now is the one that portrays Bethlehem as a “prison,” in which hapless Palestinians are completely encircled by a high, thick wall and guard towers. The imagery fits well with Yasser Arafat’s old propaganda that flipped the Jews’ experience with the Nazis.

Of course, Israel’s security barrier is found on two sides of the famous little biblical town, not four. And the barrier was erected to stop the murder of Jews. Specifically, only a tiny portion of the wall is cement, with the rest being a fence. This is lost on the evangelicals being targeted by Palestinian propagandists; after all, how many Americans have actually been to Bethlehem?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 01:11:03 PM »
That film sounds really stupid and evil.