Author Topic: NYC public schools my close for Muslim holidays  (Read 350 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
NYC public schools my close for Muslim holidays
« on: October 17, 2013, 09:54:32 AM »
No matter who gets elected as the new NYC mayor, they will move to close the public schools on Muslim holidays just like when they close for the Jewish High holy days.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: NYC public schools my close for Muslim holidays
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 01:17:53 PM »
The muslimification of Sodom and gemorrah.

I hope to see Muslims and gay activists clash against each other one day
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: NYC public schools my close for Muslim holidays
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 03:50:17 PM »
Not trying to 'defend' islam, but I think that for schools which are majority muslim it may make sense to close schools on days when most of the student body will not come into school. This is why some schools give the Jewish holidays off in majority Jewish neighborhoods. It saves a lot of money for the school system to avoid having to pay for teachers and heating rooms which don't have students in them. I don't think it is a way of honoring the religion itself, although I may be wrong.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14