Author Topic: What Beracha do you say on Al Hamiyha?  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
What Beracha do you say on Al Hamiyha?
« on: October 24, 2013, 08:13:57 PM »
Text please on what you say exactly. I say it but want to know what others say and if its the same or not.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: What Beracha do you say on Al Hamiyha?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 11:17:11 PM »
Thanks, http://www.berachot.org/hebrew/alhamichya_s.html

You see this one, in the Brackets it has (Hashem Elokeinu) when its like that does that mean that its said when their is 3 or 10 men, or what?

In the link that you put it doesn't have it, but in my benchers it does have it, I just want to know when its added or not.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 12:18:22 AM »
Thanks, http://www.berachot.org/hebrew/alhamichya_s.html

You see this one, in the Brackets it has (Hashem Elokeinu) when its like that does that mean that its said when their is 3 or 10 men, or what?

In the link that you put it doesn't have it, but in my benchers it does have it, I just want to know when its added or not.

I believe it is said if there are at least 3 men present...

http://www.torah.org/advanced/mikra/5757/dv/dt.57.5.03.html

In addition, when three or more men eat together, the Birkat haMazon is prefaced by the invitation known as Zimun. The Gemara (Berakhot 48b) expounds:

When you have eaten your fill, you shall bless - Birkat haZimun;

the LORD your God - Birkat haZan;

for the...land - Birkat haAretz;

...the good (land)... - Boneh Yerushalayim;

that He has given you - HaTov vehaMeitiv.

From this piece, it seems clear that all five of these blessings are sourced in the Torah. Although differing opinions are presented regarding HaTov vehaMeitiv and Zimun, the basic formula of the first three blessings is, according to all opinions, mandated by the Torah - D'Orayta.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 12:36:58 AM »
Muman not in the Birkat Hamazon but in the Al Hamiyha blessing.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 05:31:35 PM »
Oops, sorry about that... When you hinted at the mezumim I thought we were talking about the Birkat Hamazon...

I found this site which has a table of all things we can say Brachot on,

http://berachot.org/foods/letter_m.htm