Author Topic: I'm asking for Prayer from both Jew and Gentile  (Read 3547 times)

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
I'm asking for Prayer from both Jew and Gentile
« on: July 28, 2007, 09:59:27 PM »
Mods put this where it belongs please.  Since katrina hit, we've been in a fema trailer and my family have hoped to move into a home ( That was 1 year ago ). The lady that we were supposed to move into her old home when she got her new home built ( got the message today )  says money and credit has wore down and she must sell her original home and not rent to own the home too us. No this is not a plea for your money , we both work and will rent a place, but we used to have a home, our home we owned it. And I don't want your damned money. I called my Mother, and she said "you must understand her point of view." WHY DO I HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THE OTHER PERSONS POINT OF VIEW THAT JUST PULLED THE RUG FROM UNDER US ? That woman said for over a year she would help us, I knew it was a bunch of crap. Where is G-d in all this ?  I am so livid and angry right now and too the point I am questioning my own Faith. I've never accepted welfare, always worked, paid taxes, my government screws me over, neighbors screw me over and I've done nothing to deserve this crap. At this point in time , what's the point ? I'm existing amongst a bunch of people in this fema park that never have worked, blast the rap music at midnight, sell drugs , and simply in my opinion are the things that are found at the bottom of ponds laying on their back. I'm sick of it all, plain dammed sick of this idiocy. One thing I have learned from the world situation, some people are heartless *astards. I am getting to the end of my rope. I've done nothing to deserve this hell.  Yes life is not fair, but dammit, one can only take so much bull crap. I'm at my wits end.  No more too be texted, it's a waste of time any way. Best of wishes.

Jeff
No peace, without FREEDOM.

newman

Re: I'm asking for Prayer from both Jew and Gentile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 10:14:53 PM »
Mosquewatch, my heart bleeds for you. I can't imagine the horror of living amongst those jungle-jumping savages.

A Rabbi is best equipped to deal with your spiritual crisis. I'm unequipped to help there.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 10:17:48 PM »
I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 11:03:41 PM »
I will also keep you and your family in my prayers.  And perahps Lubab might be able to give you some spiritual guidance. 

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 12:29:12 AM »
Mods put this where it belongs please.  Since katrina hit, we've been in a fema trailer and my family have hoped to move into a home ( That was 1 year ago ). The lady that we were supposed to move into her old home when she got her new home built ( got the message today )  says money and credit has wore down and she must sell her original home and not rent to own the home too us. No this is not a plea for your money , we both work and will rent a place, but we used to have a home, our home we owned it. And I don't want your darned money. I called my Mother, and she said "you must understand her point of view." WHY DO I HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THE OTHER PERSONS POINT OF VIEW THAT JUST PULLED THE RUG FROM UNDER US ? That woman said for over a year she would help us, I knew it was a bunch of crap. Where is G-d in all this ?  I am so livid and angry right now and too the point I am questioning my own Faith. I've never accepted welfare, always worked, paid taxes, my government screws me over, neighbors screw me over and I've done nothing to deserve this crap. At this point in time , what's the point ? I'm existing amongst a bunch of people in this fema park that never have worked, blast the rap music at midnight, sell drugs , and simply in my opinion are the things that are found at the bottom of ponds laying on their back. I'm sick of it all, plain dammed sick of this idiocy. One thing I have learned from the world situation, some people are heartless *astards. I am getting to the end of my rope. I've done nothing to deserve this hell.  Yes life is not fair, but dammit, one can only take so much bull crap. I'm at my wits end.  No more too be texted, it's a waste of time any way. Best of wishes.

Jeff

Hi Mosque Watch,

I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. A home is a very important part of a person's life and losing it that way is tragic.
But let's review the good going on in your life-shall we?

You survived a horrific hurricane. You have your life. Many others do not.
You have your health. We are now praying for Master Wolf's uncle and so many others who do not.
You have a roof over your head. So many do not.
You have a job. Tons of people in America and Israel do not.
You are very intelligent-as your writing shows. Many are not.
You have good friends here at JTF. Many people do not.
You are part of a righteous movement-which aims to save America and Israel and are helping them immesurably-what a merit!

If you look yourself I'm sure you can find many many more blessing you have. Make list. Write them down. Start focusing on that.

The Rebbe used to frequently say "Think good and it will be good". Self-help folks call this the law of attraction. The bottom line of it all is that when we focus on negativity in our life it just breeds more negativity. When we focus on the good in our life and build on it, then that just brings more good things into our life. This is tried and tested and works every-time.

There's another saying from the Talmud he "load is according to the strength of the camel". That means that G-d doesn't give anyone any tests that he isn't uniquely capable of handling.

The fact that you are given such tests..which I myself don't' know how I would handle..shows that you are a person with great qualities who has the ability to rise to the challenge and make something good of this situation.

One thing to remember that's helpful to me is that we're not in control of results at all. We can't control what other people are going to do. We can't control how things will work out. That's all in G-d's hands. So relax.

All we can do is plant a seed.

We have to water it and try to make it grow. But whether it actually grows or not is completely in G-d's hands. If we sit all day and worry about why our seed isn't' growing-first of all we're not giving G-d His chance to do His thing (He's humble you know).

Second of all, in that time spent worrying about this seed, we could've planted another 100 seeds and before you know what's going on  you'll look back and the whole place is in full bloom.

Just think what a great success story it will be when you rebuild your life out of this situation. Just think how proud you will be of the challenges you've overcome. The people who let you down, the people who are keeping you down. Just drop them. Go plant another seed. There's always another way to reach your goal.

Try a little bit every day to increase your trust in G-d that He directs every detail that goes on down to how a blade of grass in Idaho blows in the wind. He surely is well aware of your situation and is waiting to see how you're gonna pull yourself out of it. He's sure that you can. And so am I.

And we're all here for you, pulling for you.

So I want you to stop focusing on the negative things going on and start finding the good things. Think about the good things. Build on your successes.

Make new goals for yourself. Set a time when you want to have enough money to buy your own house in the location of your choice. Make a plan how you'll do it. And start taking baby steps towards your goal.

If you need instructions along the way. Ask. We're here to help. I'm here to help in any way I can.

Wishing you success and blessings!

Lubab

« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 12:50:30 AM by lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 10:03:57 AM »
What a nice reply, Lubab. 

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 11:31:11 AM »
mosquewatch, you have been such an amazing poster and have made such amazing videos for JTF. We are all so thankful for you. I had no idea you did all of this during these circumstances. What a strong and amazing person you are!

G-d bless you, Jeff. Yes, I will, definitely, pray for you.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 12:07:28 PM »
What a trying situation to be living through. I can't believe with all the Federal money sent down there to deal with the hardships it hasn't seemed to help the people most deserving of it the hard working taxpayer. Try not to become discouraged  things have a way of turning around. I saw some stuff on TV a few months ago and was surprised how bad things still are down there. Something is really wrong with the whole recovery effort.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 04:21:25 PM »
I'll pray for you my friend. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 06:36:43 PM »
I hope you get out from your financial difficulties.

You have a lot of talent and an internet connection, maybe you can put the 2 together to make some income.

Get creative! I'm sure you will find a solution.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 07:04:31 PM »
I wanted to thank the members of JTF for the kind words and support. That was the very opposite of how I usually am. I must look at the positive aspects of the world around me and not focus on the negative areas of my life, as Lubab and others texted very well. Their are others far worse off than my family are, some familes lost sons, daughters, mothers and fathers. I wanted to thank the forum for the intelligent and wise words. Again, that was not the "Usual" me, just the fed up as hades side showing up. I am blessed beyond belief, maybe having some hard times, but blessed. One of those blessings is this forum, I'm surrounded by truly some of the most wise people I've had the pleasure to speak with and interact with over the years. Thanks for the rant being posted, and thankyou again for the wonderful advice. G-d bless you all.

Jeff
No peace, without FREEDOM.