Author Topic: National Report and Daily Currant are fake news sites.  (Read 506 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
National Report and Daily Currant are fake news sites.
« on: November 19, 2013, 09:55:32 AM »
I've seen a lot of people on the right wing/conservative side of things posting on various places on the internet articles from a site called National Report and another site called the Daily Currant.

These are fake sites.

Articles they post are meant to MAKE FUN OF our point of view, to parody right wing thought and make people on the right look stupid. When people post articles from those sites as if they were straight up news stories, spread them around facebook and forums, etc. then it works. 

Quit using those sites for anything more than entertainment.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: National Report and Daily Currant are fake news sites.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 03:28:49 PM »
A currant is a type of a berry. How people are not catching that spelling of it is beyond me.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 03:35:13 PM »
I guess the people don't catch the spelling because most people don't know how to write properly so they don't notice it. This is courtesy of the dumbed down educational system in this country. Also, blame the iPhone age. These dumb phones mislabeled as "smart phones" dumb down the generation of people who are too young to remember life before the Internet. So they think life is a text message and don't know how to write in a regular context.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:44:54 PM by Binyamin Yisrael »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 04:00:29 PM »
I guess the people don't catch the spelling because most people don't know how to write properly so they notice it. This is courtesy of the dumbed down educational system in this country. Also, blame the iPhone age. These dumb phones mislabeled as "smart phones" dumb down the generation of people who are too young to remember life before the Internet. So they think life is a text message and don't know how to write in a regular context.

Even as a person who works in the technology used in these gadgets, I agree that they have the effect of dumbing down the population. This was foreseen in the Dystopian novels of the 1950s such as Orwells 1984 and Huxleys Brave New World novels.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 12:22:26 PM »
I think people have to be pretty stupid not to realize the "currant" thing too. I've noticed though that a lot of people have trouble understanding the difference between parody and a straight news story. People used to be fooled by the Onion all the time when it was newer and that's an even sillier name. Also there's this anti-Christian site that tries to pass itself off as an extreme fundamentalist web site called Landover Baptist. That's not a real site either but I've seen idiots posting things from it saying "look how dumb these Christians are", etc. when they are the dumb ones for thinking it was real.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 12:48:25 PM »
There is actually some funny stuff on the Currant, and stuff that is not at all farfetched (like the piece on the government spending 2 billion to bail out Blockbuster).

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 04:00:50 PM »
...and rush limbaugh, sean hannity, michael savage, bill oreilly, all fake too.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774