Author Topic: Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi attacks the settlers  (Read 3031 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi attacks the settlers
« on: November 27, 2013, 06:39:40 AM »
Now this guy helped me become shomer mitzvot, but I think I'm getting over him...

The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
Re: Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi attacks the settlers
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 12:33:55 PM »
Where does he attack settlers?

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 01:59:17 PM »
I hink the topic starts at ~36 minutes. (Very beginning is about Haredim and Haredi extremists).

@ ~ 36 minutes, I don't think he was saying against the "Settlers", but never-the-less its a critical mistake in understanding the Torah. That Haskaffa eventually actually leads to Jews being murdered because its talking about the individual vs. the Nation which are different things and different Halachot. That is why for that reason why Am Yisrael went into Eress Yisrael even though their was definitely a life risk for individuals, never-the-less as a whole it was needed to be taken over and that is the way of the world. Their is the individual and their is the Klal, for the klal such as the army and such different Halachot apply and because of the Galut even many Rabbis forgot and can't relate to such ways of the Torah.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 05:34:46 PM »
One thing about comparing today to the day's of the Ben Yisrael in the desert. At that time Hashem clearly said he was going to push out the inhabitants of Canaan because of their wicked ways. The Jewish nation had just accepted the entire Torah in the wilderness, had been protected by the Clouds of Glory and the Pillar of Fire, were fed with Manna from Heaven. At the time of the Exodus Hashems presence among us was clearly palpable and manifest.

Because of the wicked ways of Canaan they were doomed to destruction, and only with Hashems help were the Jewish warriors under Joshua able to destroy them. Hashem also clearly informed us that if we followed the ways of these Canaanites, we too could be ejected from the land.

We must understand how important being Torah Jews is in order to conquer the land. It is said by the sages that the Torah, Am Yisrael, and Israel are all inter-related. Without any of the ingredients the entire deal is questionable. There are many Jews who are keeping the Torah to one extent or the other, and we must strengthen our Torah learning and teaching.

I have not watched this lecture at this time. In general I like Rabbi Mizrachi and although at times I disagree with him (concerning his apparent dislike of certain Breslev practices) I can understand what he is trying to say.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 08:04:51 PM »
One thing about comparing today to the day's of the Ben Yisrael in the desert. At that time Hashem clearly said he was going to push out the inhabitants of Canaan because of their wicked ways. The Jewish nation had just accepted the entire Torah in the wilderness, had been protected by the Clouds of Glory and the Pillar of Fire, were fed with Manna from Heaven. At the time of the Exodus Hashems presence among us was clearly palpable and manifest.

Because of the wicked ways of Canaan they were doomed to destruction, and only with Hashems help were the Jewish warriors under Joshua able to destroy them. Hashem also clearly informed us that if we followed the ways of these Canaanites, we too could be ejected from the land.

We must understand how important being Torah Jews is in order to conquer the land. It is said by the sages that the Torah, Am Yisrael, and Israel are all inter-related. Without any of the ingredients the entire deal is questionable. There are many Jews who are keeping the Torah to one extent or the other, and we must strengthen our Torah learning and teaching.

I have not watched this lecture at this time. In general I like Rabbi Mizrachi and although at times I disagree with him (concerning his apparent dislike of certain Breslev practices) I can understand what he is trying to say.

He was just stating the classical "land for peace" argument, not about keeping Torah and such (at that specific segment at least).
 His claim was that their are different levels of holiness and the holiness of life takes precedence to land, and about Shabbat taking precedence over life of people (even though we break Shabbat soo that one can then keep more Shabbat's afterwards).
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 01:51:20 AM »

He was just stating the classical "land for peace" argument, not about keeping Torah and such (at that specific segment at least).
 His claim was that their are different levels of holiness and the holiness of life takes precedence to land, and about Shabbat taking precedence over life of people (even though we break Shabbat soo that one can then keep more Shabbat's afterwards).

Chag Sameach Tag,

Thank you... I pretty much expected that from him...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 01:54:13 AM »
Chag Sameach Tag,

Thank you... I pretty much expected that from him...

Chag Samayah to you to.