Author Topic: Howdy ho!  (Read 10888 times)

Offline weelittlefishy

• Junior JTFer
  • Ex-Leftist on the war path against the Left
Howdy ho!
« on: December 04, 2013, 01:32:26 PM »
Linked here by a Twitter friend. I believe her nickname here is AsheDina, and her blog is http://themadjewess.com/

I was a liberal that became a flaming Marxist and left it once I began to see the moral hypocrisy in Marxism, including the anti-white racism and selective outrage against America. Once I realized that, I became disgusted and angry and have been on the war path against the Left ever since, against liberalism and everything to the left of it.

Communism attacks its enemies by trying to deprive them not only of their sovereignty but of their very existence, by selectively attacking them and them only for what everyone wants, which is national sovereignty and cohesiveness of their people and culture for posterity. Communism turns morality upside down and dictates that you are evil if you want to remotely preserve anything handed to you by your ancestors. The only "moral" way in their view is to give everything you have to the have-nots who simply hate you because you have more stuff than they do and they have been taught to believe you have it and they don't because you have supposedly oppressed them all from time immemorial.

They are good and anyone who resists them are evil. Since their ideology is intellectually and morally bankrupt, they shy away from serious discussion of their views - because as I have discovered they have not thought them through enough to defend them - by hiding behind laughter and ridicule.

الموت الى الإسلام

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: Howdy ho!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 01:44:29 PM »
Welcome to JTF. 

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 02:21:12 PM »
Welcome.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline weelittlefishy

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 02:22:03 PM »
Thanks, folks!
الموت الى الإسلام

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 02:22:55 PM »
Been there done that.  Welcome on board.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 04:23:01 PM »
Welcome to the forum, you'd be surprised how many recovered Jewish Marxists have become followers of the Rav's teachings.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline weelittlefishy

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 04:43:34 PM »
In my case I'm actually not Jewish, though I seem to have a bit of Jewish ancestry on my father's mother's side. Most of my ancestors are a hodgepodge of Christian denominations. I'm agnostic but looking, though when I look it feels fruitless, but that's another matter.

Glad to see there are ex-lefties like myself. We just need much more of them.
الموت الى الإسلام

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 09:06:28 PM »
In my case I'm actually not Jewish, though I seem to have a bit of Jewish ancestry on my father's mother's side. Most of my ancestors are a hodgepodge of Christian denominations. I'm agnostic but looking, though when I look it feels fruitless, but that's another matter.

Might as well get this out of the way right away... How can you have any doubt that there is an all powerful G-d of the Universe?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 09:07:35 PM »
Welcome.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 11:07:28 PM »
Might as well get this out of the way right away... How can you have any doubt that there is an all powerful G-d of the Universe?

That's the definition of agnostic...

Offline weelittlefishy

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 07:57:59 AM »

The human condition would be my best short answer to that. I'm not familiar with the Jewish explanation of why things are as they are, and I'm uncertain of the Christian one, so basically I sit eternally in agnosticism.

Also I've been very hesitant taking on a faith due to years ago having very strong belief in New Age claptrap and then finding out all I invested in it was a farce. I wasn't easy coming back from that in terms of my ability to have faith anymore, for I have had a dread of not wanting to live a lie again.
الموت الى الإسلام

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 03:18:38 PM »
The human condition would be my best short answer to that. I'm not familiar with the Jewish explanation of why things are as they are, and I'm uncertain of the Christian one, so basically I sit eternally in agnosticism.

Also I've been very hesitant taking on a faith due to years ago having very strong belief in New Age claptrap and then finding out all I invested in it was a farce. I wasn't easy coming back from that in terms of my ability to have faith anymore, for I have had a dread of not wanting to live a lie again.

I understand your position, as the Gemara Sanhedrin teaches, the seal of G-d Himself is truth.

The Jewish view of suffering in this world is a complex one. But I will try to give a short fit for the internet answer.

We approach our view of the world's troubles from certain foundations.

1. Is Hashem's perfection.

2. Human fallibility.

3. The purpose of evil in this world is for people to reject evil and choose good.

4. By choosing good they earn the reward they receive from Hashem.

5. It is  rule of the universe that earned reward is more valued then unearned.

6. People who choose evil in this life will be punished in this life, and failing that in the world to come, Olam HaBah.

7. The vast majority of people are reincarnations, Gilgulim.

8. The purpose of reincarnation is to be given another chance to right the wrongs of your past life.

9. Those born into suffering are often being punished for past mistakes, as a process of cleansing the soul.

10. In time Hashem, G-d, will send a descendant of the Royal House of David, to perfect the world. This man will be known as the Messiah, Melech HaMashiach, literally the King G-d's anointed.

This is obviously an extremely shortened and simplified explanation of the Jewish view. If you have any questions or challenges I will do by best to respond.
Ramban

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 03:39:50 PM »
Welcome
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 06:02:52 PM »

Well, now we have two things in common. Since you're not Jewish, though, there isn't that many things you have to do to go to heaven. Basically, there's the seven laws of Noah, none of which involve giving money or praying, and you don't have to be part of a group, all you have to do is keep seven things, and every Jew has to respect you a lot, and you are perfect here.

Offline weelittlefishy

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 10:26:08 PM »
Kahane, thanks, that's very interesting. Is reincarnation a common belief in Judaism or confined to one sect or branch?
الموت الى الإسلام

Offline weelittlefishy

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 10:31:55 PM »
Well, now we have two things in common. Since you're not Jewish, though, there isn't that many things you have to do to go to heaven. Basically, there's the seven laws of Noah, none of which involve giving money or praying, and you don't have to be part of a group, all you have to do is keep seven things, and every Jew has to respect you a lot, and you are perfect here.

The Noachide Laws, yes? They seem like basic common sense stuff, but I guess humans as degraded as they are need a divine teaching on it, which sadly doesn't surprise me.

I bought some ebooks by a rabbi who I think founded the Breslover branch of Hasidic Judaism, if I'm saying that right. Rabbi Nachman, his stuff is very positive and inspiring. It's lifted me out of feeling badly over my troubles more than once.
الموت الى الإسلام

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 08:32:38 AM »
Kahane, thanks, that's very interesting. Is reincarnation a common belief in Judaism or confined to one sect or branch?

Yes, it's very common. Details like reincarnation into animals and objects is strictly confined to Kaballah, as far as I know, and you have to be on an extremely high spiritual and physical level to be allowed to study it.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 08:36:13 AM »
The Noachide Laws, yes? They seem like basic common sense stuff, but I guess humans as degraded as they are need a divine teaching on it, which sadly doesn't surprise me.

I bought some ebooks by a rabbi who I think founded the Breslover branch of Hasidic Judaism, if I'm saying that right. Rabbi Nachman, his stuff is very positive and inspiring. It's lifted me out of feeling badly over my troubles more than once.

Breslov has some great teachings, but somethings they are into, I'm not completely into.

When you are born, you aren't anything more capable than a monkey. Without knowledge, you can't go anywhere in life, or be righteous. Every society needs codified laws that they can teach right and wrong from.

Offline weelittlefishy

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2013, 01:34:36 AM »
Breslov has some great teachings, but somethings they are into, I'm not completely into.

When you are born, you aren't anything more capable than a monkey. Without knowledge, you can't go anywhere in life, or be righteous. Every society needs codified laws that they can teach right and wrong from.

I agree, but once an adult you'd think rationality would be obvious in a sense. Yet, people are corrupt enough they need someone above them whipping their butts in order, clearly. Don't set babies on fire, really??!!

I don't know much about Breslov teachings overall, but they are very uplifting and have a gift for presenting faith in a very positive, inviting way. One thing I like about the Breslov guys is their cheerfulness. This is one of my favorite You Tube videos:

الموت الى الإسلام

Offline weelittlefishy

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 01:36:47 AM »
Yes, it's very common. Details like reincarnation into animals and objects is strictly confined to Kaballah, as far as I know, and you have to be on an extremely high spiritual and physical level to be allowed to study it.

So if a Jewish person passes and reincarnates, they can be born anywhere in the world as anyone or even an animal or object?
الموت الى الإسلام

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 10:28:31 PM »
I agree, but once an adult you'd think rationality would be obvious in a sense. Yet, people are corrupt enough they need someone above them whipping their butts in order, clearly. Don't set babies on fire, really??!!

I don't know much about Breslov teachings overall, but they are very uplifting and have a gift for presenting faith in a very positive, inviting way. One thing I like about the Breslov guys is their cheerfulness. This is one of my favorite You Tube videos:

That is Na Nach, a very poor representation of Breslov! But I like them.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2013, 09:18:49 AM »
So if a Jewish person passes and reincarnates, they can be born anywhere in the world as anyone or even an animal or object?

Yes. It is only ever because you didn't correct yourself completely. To describe further is very extreme, and most people don't take this well.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2013, 09:24:25 AM »

It was said that you should never underestimate the human capacity for stupidity. I say the bigger threat is that we will forget. Even a Jew that has read Torah a thousand times still needs to keep reading, because it's something that affects you only when you're in it. You need to have a law-abiding society, because your heart will always want to do whatever pleasures the body, and you always live in it, so you also need to have at least something for your mind to be in, the laws (7) and why they're right, without even mentioning the soul yet.

Offline weelittlefishy

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2013, 03:07:28 PM »
It was said that you should never underestimate the human capacity for stupidity. I say the bigger threat is that we will forget. Even a Jew that has read Torah a thousand times still needs to keep reading, because it's something that affects you only when you're in it. You need to have a law-abiding society, because your heart will always want to do whatever pleasures the body, and you always live in it, so you also need to have at least something for your mind to be in, the laws (7) and why they're right, without even mentioning the soul yet.

True enough. Human impulses can be very strong and lead us to do some pretty stupid things.
الموت الى الإسلام

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2013, 06:41:42 PM »

Reincarnation is a very common belief among Torah Jews, though I do not believe secular Jews accept the concept.

But among Torah Jews there is a disagreement if people can be reincarnated only into humans or also into animals and plants.

Rebbe Nachman MiBreslov is indeed a great teacher though his works can be difficult to understand. One of the concepts he emphasized was the service to Hashem filled with joy. That whatever happens in the world is also for the best.

Ramban