Author Topic: "Defiance" the Movie every Jew needs to watch!  (Read 968 times)

Offline REDNECK JEW

• Full JTFer
"Defiance" the Movie every Jew needs to watch!
« on: December 15, 2013, 09:06:56 PM »
I could not find the entire movie on youtube, except in clips you would have too keep loading part by part. But if you have not seen this movie then you ain't seen Jewish History during WWII where we be fightin back to survive against impossible odds!

“It is a revolution; a revolution of the most intense character; in which belief in the justice, prudence, and wisdom of secession is blended with the keenest sense of wrong and outrage, and it can no more be checked by human effort for the time than a prairie fire by a gardener’s watering pot.”

JUDAH P. BENJAMIN HEBREW CONFEDERATE

Offline REDNECK JEW

• Full JTFer
Re: "Defiance" the Movie every Jew needs to watch!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 01:55:19 PM »
This is the one post I thought for sure I would be getting a reply on, has no one on this web page never seen this movie?
“It is a revolution; a revolution of the most intense character; in which belief in the justice, prudence, and wisdom of secession is blended with the keenest sense of wrong and outrage, and it can no more be checked by human effort for the time than a prairie fire by a gardener’s watering pot.”

Offline fibrogirl

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 03:10:21 PM »
I have and I enjoyed it very much.  The only bit I didn't like was the short Holywoodish explicit love affair that they shoehorned in the middle withTuvia (not the younger brother getting married).
But overall the film was great.

I had problems believing that the James Bond actor is Jewish at the start but soon got over it :)

I would happily watched a sequel, seeing them throughout the rest of the war and then settling as truck drivers in New York.

Offline JewJitsu

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 04:03:11 PM »
I saw it when it first came out.  I thought it was boring and it did not contribute to my understanding of the holocaust at all.

Offline REDNECK JEW

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 04:23:17 PM »
The film is based on the true story, it was not about victim disarmament, but self defense and self preservation. Maybe since your a few years older now you may take the film in again and have a second look with a open mind of world wide Jewish Self Defense in these modern times where anti- Semitism is once again rearing it ugly head once again? 

Offline fibrogirl

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 03:49:03 AM »
I'm very suprised you found it borring JewJitsu. I thought the oposite. I would also recommend having another watch.
The film got me reading up about the forest in Belorussia where the little band hid then fought back against the whole German army. It turns out that the forest where is the size of the whole state of Israel and unpopulated generally.

Another good film on WW2 and Jews in special circumstances was "The Counterfeiters" about the Nazi plot to  forge millions of pounds and ruin the British economy during the war. The Nazis forced some Jews in the concentration camps to work making these forged pound notes. The film was Austrian made. Unlike Defiance, The Counterfeiters had an interview with one of the survivors.

I watched a documentary about the Belski brothers. They did not interview any survivors but had Tuvia's son on it.
It seems really disgusting to me that Poles to this day don't see them as heroes and instead say negative things about them.