Author Topic: Need help from my fellow JTFers  (Read 2255 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Need help from my fellow JTFers
« on: January 06, 2014, 06:26:41 PM »
Hello JTFers!  I'm having trouble with a Hispanic woman who lives in my co-op in NYC.  This "woman" has been harassing me for years because I don't approve of her feeding the stray cats who roam in my co-op.  Because I don't, she follows me around the complex and curses and threatens me on almost a daily basis.  The management and the Public safety force can only do so much.  This "woman" is trying to get me into a fist-fight which is not going to happen from my end.  I wish that JTF can help me, but, once again there is only so much they can do as well.  There there some Jewish bodygaurds who can protect me that JTF knows?  I don't have much money so, can they do so pro-bono?  I need help.  Thanks

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Need help from my fellow JTFers
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 07:13:05 PM »
Hello JTFers!  I'm having trouble with a Hispanic woman who lives in my co-op in NYC.  This "woman" has been harassing me for years because I don't approve of her feeding the stray cats who roam in my co-op.  Because I don't, she follows me around the complex and curses and threatens me on almost a daily basis.  The management and the Public safety force can only do so much.  This "woman" is trying to get me into a fist-fight which is not going to happen from my end.  I wish that JTF can help me, but, once again there is only so much they can do as well.  There there some Jewish bodygaurds who can protect me that JTF knows?  I don't have much money so, can they do so pro-bono?  I need help.  Thanks
Here we go again :::D You were looking for help some years back and were told that there was not much that could be done... You should really think about moving since it seems the problems there are on going... Are you sure your not making your own troubles.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:47:40 PM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 07:16:44 PM »

The police can do it pro-bono. Why don't you report it and get an order of protection.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:51:32 PM »
If you have a phone that takes video, then video record her a few times and show it to the police.  Also, have you spoken to the president of the Co-Op Board about this?  She should be warned to stop or that they'll bring action and have her thrown out of the building.  I think it works like that.  Co-Op rules can be very strict and her behavior if off the chart.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 08:22:23 PM »
The police can do it pro-bono. Why don't you report it and get an order of protection.
I tried to get an order of protection once.  The problem is that the laws of NY states that the person has to be arrested for me to get one. 

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 08:25:31 PM »
Here we go again :::D You were looking for help some years back and were told that there was not much that could be done... You should really think about moving since it seems the problems there are on going... Are you sure your not making your own troubles.
I remember.  I couldn't get help then either.  I'm just tired of getting crapped on from everyone.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 09:28:02 PM »
Secret camera+ youtube= she might think twice.

Oh I want to be your bodyguard pro-bono. Can I have some of that cat food though?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 09:49:29 PM »
Secret camera+ youtube= she might think twice.

Oh I want to be your bodyguard pro-bono. Can I have some of that cat food though?
I did that once.  She threatened to sue, so I took it down.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 10:10:08 PM »
yah, like the others said. what about the co op board?
they once kicked out Madonna for being obnoxious.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 06:07:09 AM »
Try some boxing lessons.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 07:29:31 AM »
I did that once.  She threatened to sue, so I took it down.

I hate when random stangers put up webcams in my building and post it on youtube, without leaving proof of involvement.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 08:17:18 AM »
I tried to get an order of protection once.  The problem is that the laws of NY states that the person has to be arrested for me to get one.
But you have filed a police report.  Right?
You need to have the harassment on record.
The cats roam the building?  Doesn't it bother your other neighbors?
Couldn't you form a group of residents to combat her.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline fibrogirl

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 09:08:48 AM »
Hello JTFers!  I'm having trouble with a Hispanic woman who lives in my co-op in NYC.  This "woman" has been harassing me for years because I don't approve of her feeding the stray cats who roam in my co-op.  Because I don't, she follows me around the complex and curses and threatens me on almost a daily basis.  The management and the Public safety force can only do so much.  This "woman" is trying to get me into a fist-fight which is not going to happen from my end...

Good for you that you are not going to get into a fist fight.

Can I ask Do the cats actually go inside your own apartment?
Or is it just the corridors of an apartment block?
Do the other neighbours like the cats in the corridor?

My Mum feeds 14 stray cats outside our apartment here in Israel. The neighbours hate it.
There are constant quarrels with the neighbours. It already came to mild violence on one occasion.
The problem is my Mum does not sleep at night if she does not feed the cats for one day.
Often the people who feed stray cats like your Hispanic neighbour and my Mum don't sleep at night if they miss feeding the cats.

My Mum goes out to feed cats on days when she has the flu. Others like her go out when it is freezing cold, even though they are dying to stay in bed.
 They get extremely upset and angry when neighbours comment on it, nevermind complain. I see it in many stray cat feeders, not just my Mum. They sincerely can not stop.

If your neighbour is being anti-semitic, or the argument has expanded and she has become verbally abusive for things that have nothing to do with cats, or if the cats are actually entering your apartment then you are in your rights to  do something to defend yourself.

Do the cats actually go into your private apartment?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 09:34:48 AM »
I want to help HER! You need a shrink not a body guard. Just let her feed the poor cats and stay off her business.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 09:42:17 AM »
Does a stray cat have to walk into my house for me to be annoyed by it? :o
Finding dead birds, and other gifts, all over my property is no picnic.  >:(

The problem is there is no easy answer for Joe Gutfeld.
To complain makes you the unsympathetic person.

Plus, I don't think there is anything JTFers can do to help him.  He has been told this before.  Unless, he just wants to vent.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 09:56:15 AM »
Joe if you don't mind me asking are you a young man or are you elderly? You can just tell her you'll destroy the food.Having said that i used to feed pigeons on my property
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 06:23:28 PM »
I'm not a young or an old man.  True I'm venting a little.  The reason is that I did create  a face book page for my co-op.  But when I posted what happened, I got blasted.  Sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown.  You know, it's ok when someone else does something, but not OK if I do it or take action on what I feel if there is something wrong.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 06:50:58 PM »
Did you try to make peace with that neighbor?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 12:02:11 AM »
I want to help HER! You need a shrink not a body guard. Just let her feed the poor cats and stay off her business.

easy. I don't think he's blaming the cats.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 01:52:43 AM »
My monkey neighbors had to pay 150 dollars for leaving their trash in hallway. I guess that 3 warnings were not enough. Apartment/condo living sucks bad. If you have one fool to move in next to you then your life can become a living hell.  :o
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 11:12:00 AM »
But you have filed a police report.  Right?
You need to have the harassment on record.
The cats roam the building?  Doesn't it bother your other neighbors?
Couldn't you form a group of residents to combat her.
I've filed a whole bunch of harassment complaints with the public safety in the co-op.  The problem is that she has also done the same to me.  So, it's considered a wash and so the police are not called in for this.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 12:40:58 PM »
Joe if you don't mind me asking are you a young man or are you elderly? You can just tell her you'll destroy the food.Having said that i used to feed pigeons on my property
Destroying the food might be a misdemeanor.
Proving that the woman is creating a nuisance seems the only way.
It is best not to discuss it with her though.

http://www.nycferalcat.org/TNRLawsNYC.pdf