Author Topic: A little about myself  (Read 19899 times)

Offline rabbicummings

• New JTFer
    • RC Jewish Learning Center
A little about myself
« on: January 08, 2014, 02:07:27 PM »
Rabbi Franklin Cummings
Orthodox Rabbi

Received first rabbinic ordination from ULC (1425 Broadway Ste. 67 Seattle, WA 98122 USA) on August 6th 2012, and on January 11th 2013, received a second ordination from Sulam Yaakov (P.O.B 6986, Jerusalem 91069, Israel. Other Certifications include: (From Duke AHEC Program (Mental Health Counseling)... Treatment of resistant Depression; Depression in Late Life; School Refusal Behavior in Children & Adolescents; Anxiety & Somatoform Disorders From (Greensboro Area Health Education Center (National Board of Educated Counselors)... Treating the Invisible Wounds of War & Understanding Military Family Issues. Alison Institute (89 Headquarters Plaza, North Tower, 14th Floor, Morristown, NJ 07960, USA)... Legal Studies - Laws and the Judicial System. And in April 2013, by The United States Institute of Peace in Washington DC, Conflict Analysis and Interfaith Conflict Resolution.

Jewish Defense Site: http://jdawatchmen.tripod.com/
Rabbi Franklin Cummings (Elkana Ben Avraham)

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: A little about myself
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 02:13:22 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline rabbicummings

• New JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 02:24:55 PM »
Thank you, it's good to be here. Baruch HaShem :dance:

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 03:09:04 PM »
Welcome Rabbi
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 03:15:43 PM »
Rabbi please explain to me about naht bar naht?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 09:38:32 PM »
Welcome to JTF.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 11:42:06 PM »
This guy is a fake I asked him a simple question 2 days ago. If he was a real rabbi he would have been able to answer the question.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 02:30:36 AM »
Strange, I never heard of an Orthodox Rabbi who does "non-denominational" weddings. What exactly does that mean?

http://weddingsbyrabbicummings.devhub.com/wedding-types-and-prices/

(It's strange that no matter how many times I try to post the link, the page won't open....so we probably shouldn't open the link. Very suspicious.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:41:48 AM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 02:59:52 AM »
Strange, I never heard of an Orthodox Rabbi who does "non-denominational" weddings. What exactly does that mean?

http://weddingsbyrabbicummings.devhub.com/wedding-types-and-prices/

(It's strange that no matter how many times I try to post the link, the page won't open....so we probably shouldn't open the link. Very suspicious.
I was going to say that also but you beat me to it.
This guy is a fraud.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 11:36:21 PM »
Rabbi please explain to me about naht bar naht?

I remember that term from the Basar VeChalav shiur at synagogue. I think Nat stands for Noten Ta'am. Rabbis are required to study the laws of milk and meat to become rabbis.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:57:12 AM by Binyamin Yisrael »

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 01:48:25 AM »

I remember that term from the Basar VeChalav shiur at synagogue. I think Nat it stands for Noten Ta'am. Rabbis are required to study the laws of milk and meat to become rabbis.
I know that & that is why is posed this question to him.
Being that he did not answer it proves he is not a real rabbi.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 08:05:01 PM »
Was this wannabe rabbi banned or did he disappear all of a sudden?

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 08:11:02 PM »
I know that & that is why is posed this question to him.
Being that he did not answer it proves he is not a real rabbi.

I know.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 11:45:09 PM »
I don't know what happened to this person but... that link that I posted that just won't open (and I don't recommend people to try to open since it's suspicious that it doesn't work right) had a link to this man's Facebook profile. And strangely in that facebook profile, his rabbi look is completely gone. No rabbi looking gray beard and no Haredi getup. I just find it strange.

I don't know who he is or what he is trying to do but to act like a rabbi who can perform all kinds of weddings as business but in personal life not act like a rabbi but look like some random guy down the street is really bad. If he is still on the forum, he shoudl explain why he has profiles of himself looking like an older Orthodox Jewish rabbi but in others he looks like a non-haredi guy. (not even a kippa). He actually looks much older in his picture as a "rabbi" yet on his facebook, he's a young guy kissing an immodestly dressed woman. And he comes here to tell us he is some kind of a rabbi? Is it some kind of a scam he's trying to play on people? Is he Orthodox sometimes and then not orthodox other times? And what happened to the long grey beard! It's completely gone. Does he glue it only when he has to perform weddings?

Again, I don't recommend people click on that link. It was suspicious but if anyone is too curious not to, be warned. See his Facebook profile to see what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:10:49 AM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline rabbicummings

• New JTFer
Rabbi Hinton
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 08:23:33 PM »
I would'nt spent time worrying about people's remarks, I however would advise not to do Erusim Ketubahs for Nondenominational groups, which relates to Churches. If you would have listed it in terms of Jewish sects instead of Nondenominational it would not have came across in appearance as if you approve of doing marriages for Christians which will be sneered at in any rate amongst another Orthodox Jew. Unfortunately another Jew is always speculative of the motives of a Jew He meets, until He obviously can pass there specific line of questions. These person wasn't really interested in your answer, even if you gave an answer it would not have been met with friendship it would have been met with hostility in this case I would write that You are not here for rife, contention and discord. And such purposes of contention are Ha'Yetzer Rah. And if this person was a Jew He would have known that, it is against Halacha to cause to seek out rife and confusion or to belittle someone. Thus the pointing of the finger by this person is a grave sin. I would if I were you point this out to him using Halachic verses if necessary against the use of Ha'Yetzer Rah, Lashon Ha'Rah. This is an evil motivation and not a merit and thus He is intending on breaking Hashem's Otot. If you do not point this out for Him at least put this in writing for others who will see your site and see that comment as to besmirch you. I discussed this once in great detail with a Rabbi Gavrah Rabah of Yeshiva Vaad Ha'Rabbonim and the case file, or the place of Halacha against this is stated as which you should write: Meshyash BYodoe Limchos, VAhnow Mowcha, Nahnash Olov (Tractate Avodah Zoroh 18.a). In this way you are not downtrodden by the words of this person and onlookers who don't know you can perceptively see your message and hold this person accountable for if you don't write against this person these words, then it stands to be seen that He is correct and You are wrong. Thus approving by some that you might not be a real Rabbi! Thus these type of Ha'Yetzer Rah- Evil Inclination, Lashon Ha'Rah- Evil speech, Ayin Ha'Rah- The evil eye as Rabbi Yehudah Ashlag states is a grave sin a Horoyot this is Plotz! Put a stop to it immediately!!! Further more one in Jewish law can't give Musar to a Rosh Ha'Kollel, or to a Rabbi unless He is a Rabbi. I have dealt head on with any person that would seek to condemn me by Jewish Law and it always came out toward the end that they never had a rebuttal, not another comment, they all of a sudden get quiet!!!!

-Rabbi Aminadav Hinton

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 10:02:40 PM »
I am going to wait for ChabadKahanist to review your replies since he asked the question. The problem is that you did stall for a while before you could answer it. Did you have to do some research in order to know what to say?

This still does not explain why your JTF profile picture shows you as an older looking man with gray hair and how suddenly on facebook you're young. I don't want to post the screenshot that I have.

I really don't believe you at all. I can't believe someone with two totally different pictures. Gray bearded rabbi in one, young looking man in another kissing a woman not modestly dressed. I honestly think you lost your credibility here. I am not sure what you are trying to prove. I won't post the screenshot because I am just not heartless enough to do something like that. I can send it to the admins and they can determine if they believe you or not. No one can tell me someone with that profile is an Orthodox rabbi. We have to be very careful these days, I have seen plenty of men on facebook who may try to look "orthodox" and then you find out something totally different. I had the unfortunate experience of seeing another man calling himself a "rabbi" with a black hat and beard and upon further investigation, his wife (his "rebbetzin") was a messianic. I am not saying that you are a messianic, but what I am saying is that I just cannot believe after seeing that, that you are an "Orthodox Rabbi".

Call me crazy but I spent half of my week in an Orthodox community- NONE of those rabbis are going to advertise that they do "non-denominational" weddings. You may say it's ok to preside over one as a representative of the state but your mistake is telling people on this forum, people who LIVE in Jewish communities that this is normal and we don't know what we're talking about. I can understand if a rabbi like Rabbi Richman presides over noahide weddings, because he encourages Noahides in a positive way. I understand if some MO rabbi decides to "symbolically" preside over the marriage of friend  BUT THIS IS OUT OF THE NORM and not advertised. The "rabbis" who advertize such a thing are usually "reform".

And now who is "Rabbi Aminadav Hinton"??? I googled him and he's some messianic rabbi. What are you trying to do here? Is that another name you use or someone you copy-pasted or quoting?  Should I even insist you post a copy of your smicha? I don't know. I don't think it matters anymore.

http://netministries.org/frames.asp?ch=ch20249&st=TX&name=RABBI%20AMINADAV%20HINTON&city=Converse

I am attaching a screenshot of the messianic link that comes up with "Rabbi Aminadav Hinton".
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:14:54 PM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 10:42:19 PM »
Some results came up messianic and others anti-messianic for that other rabbi.

"Aminadav has received Rabbinic Smicha from:Yeshivah Petah Tikvah Jewish Theological School" ...yet he and you founded Petah Tikvah. Did he get his smicha from the very place he created? This is so confusing.

"http://patachtikvahbeitlimud.jimdo.com/

You know what? I am done. I don't believe you. You can say you're a rabbi and do your weddings and give out online smichas to people. I don't care.

Offline rabbicummings

• New JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 10:47:35 PM »
First of all I can assure you Rabbi Hinton is not messianic. If you have questions for Rabbi Hinton, ask him for yourself [[email protected]], I do not speek behind another rabbi's back. Second of all, it took time to answer because I have Jobs, a family, and students whom come first. I have not been here on this forum since the day I joined until today.  And I do not respond when I am angry,I take time to cool off, remove the shackles of frustration and then respond with a cool head so that the very grave sin that I am soon going to mention isn't done by myself in moments of heat, displeasure and frustration. I joined the forum to meet like minded people and to discuss the issues we Jews face in Israel and America. I do not have to prove myself to you or anyone else, I know who and what I am and so does the only one who matters "Hashem". Just to let you all know, you are committing major Ha'Yetzer Rah, Lashon Ha'Rah and that is vastly against Halacha. You keep pulling hairs seeking to cause Plotz and this is not the character of a Jew, a secular one yes, but not a "Torah Jew". I have done nothing against anyone, I have not mislead or mistreated anyone and yet you act in Ish Lashon- You have to deal with Hashem now. This also damages Klal Yisroel to speak against another Jew. This is damaging, heretical.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 11:02:01 PM »
Hmm loshon hara? Not according to the Chofetz Chaim. We are able to speak out against someone who is misleading people by calling himself a rabbi, because ultimately they damage Israel more. The only prohibition is that we are not to enjoy rebuking the person and I am not enjoying this. I feel sickened by it.
If you call yourself a rabbi and won't post your smicha, that's troubling. Every rabbi should be ready to show this proof. The only other time another "rabbi" who didn't show his smicha was "asher meza" and we know how we feel about him on this forum.

Ok, so don't prove anything to us. Just one question. Is your catering business fully kosher? Who certifies it kosher? You must have a hechsher you can post for it. That you must prove in full display if you serve food to Jews. So... is it kosher?

http://elegantfoodservices.yolasite.com/menus.php

Oh wait, they serve pork. Come on, rabbi. You do non-denom weddings AND serve  Grilled Pork Chop Spanish Style and ham?

Offline rabbicummings

• New JTFer
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 11:14:07 PM »
That business is run now by my ex-partner. I do not have anything to do with it any more, He wanted to serve pork and etc. So whatever. And I never said I would not show my smicha, Did I?

Offline rabbicummings

• New JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 11:16:06 PM »
Do the sites in question teach Judaism??? What do rabbis do??? And what was ment by non-denominational is Noachides. Thanks for the heads up, Now I know that I need to Change the wording.  Show me in Halacha where it says a rabbi cannot officiate a Noachide wedding.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 11:20:14 PM »
Do the sites in question teach Judaism??? What do rabbis do??? And what was ment by non-denominational is Noachides. Thanks for the heads up, Now I know that I need to Change the wording.  Show me in Halacha where it says a rabbi cannot officiate a Noachide wedding.

Umm....a rabbi can officiate a Noahide wedding. Rabbi Richman does it all the time. But that's Noahide. Not adveristing "non-denominational" weddings like a reform "rabbi" would do.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Radio/News.aspx/985

Offline rabbicummings

• New JTFer
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 11:25:22 PM »
And I am not a founder of Petah Tikvah, I was asked to join them. And you are correct, I was not aware that they worded it Non-Denom.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 11:30:13 PM »
That business is run now by my ex-partner. I do not have anything to do with it any more, He wanted to serve pork and etc. So whatever. And I never said I would not show my smicha, Did I?

Ok, the jig is up. I am done with you. I think you're a troll and I have better things to do than argue with you.

So here is the proof.

You, Elkana ben Avraham head the "RC Jewish Learning Center"

http://www.manta.com/c/mxjk69x/rc-jewish-learning-center-services

That phone number listed on that site for the "RC Jewish Learning Center" is: 704-724-3947

Google 704-724-3947  and you find

http://elegantfoodservices.yolasite.com/

Franklin's Elegant Food Service.

That phone number is listed on all your sites! On the Facebook profile "https://www.facebook.com/RcJewishLearningCenter/info" that number too.

http://www.manta.com/c/mxl2l0g/chef-franklin-s-elegant-food-services

"Company contact: Franklin Cummings, Owner"

Yeah, not your company but same number that you have: https://www.facebook.com/elegantfoodservices/info

Ok, so I'm tired of arguing with you. If you want to troll people here that's your problem.

Offline rabbicummings

• New JTFer
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2014, 11:51:46 PM »
well I do not run the catering company any more. I sold my share out. So my number is there. It is not up to me to update a company i don't have anything to do with. It is Mr. Justin Godfrey's responsibilty now.