Author Topic: THE LAND OF ISRAEL  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
THE LAND OF ISRAEL
« on: September 25, 2007, 11:53:40 PM »
THE LAND OF ISRAEL

Wherever I go, I am always only going to the land of Israel . I am only here in Breslov temporarily.

Chayey Moharan #156

From level to level
A true Israelite is one who constantly advances from level to level. Each advance to greater holiness can be accomplished only through the holiness of the land of Israel . Likewise our prayers ascend only through the land of Israel .

When a person reaches the level of the land of Israel , he is worthy to be called “a man of strength and valor”. Before one attains this level, “Let not he that girds his armor boast like he that removes it” (I Kings 20:11 ) . However after winning the battle, he does indeed deserve to be called “a man of war”.

Likutey Moharan I, 20

Houses and apartments…
What do I mean by the land of Israel ? I mean the actual country of Israel with its houses and apartments!

Chayey Moharan #15

Why go to Israel ?
The only motive for going to the land of Israel should be spiritual: to draw closer to God. One who goes there with this intention will certainly benefit. Merely by setting foot in the land, he will become absorbed in and transformed by its holiness. For this reason even one who walks four cubits in the land of Israel is assured that he will inherit the world to come ( Ketubot 111a) . But if a person's motive has no connection with devotion to God and purification from evil, how will the land of Israel help him? It will vomit him out “as it vomited out the nation that was before you” (Leviticus 18:28 ) .

Likutey Moharan I, 155

Longing
Pray that God should give you longing and desire for the land of Israel , and then you will succeed in getting there. Pray also that He should plant yearning for the land in the hearts of all the Tzaddikim.

Likutey Moharan I, 155

Charity for Israel
Charity given for the land of Israel is greater than charity for causes elsewhere. When you give charity for the land of Israel you become included in the air of the land of Israel , which is “holy breath without the taint of sin” ( Shabbat 119b) . Through this breath the forces of severity and darkness are banished from the world. One can also thereby escape alien thoughts and distractions during prayer, and one's mind and thoughts become clear and refined. This is the repair of the holy Covenant.

Likutey Moharan I, 37

To distinguish between light and darkness
The land of Israel is the very summit of holiness, encompassing all other levels of holiness. It is there that we can completely free ourselves of the notion that the world is governed through nature and come to know and believe that everything happens only through the hand of God. When man knows this he becomes like God, acquiring the ability to distinguish between light and darkness. “Light” refers to the deeds of the Tzaddikim while “darkness” refers to those of the wicked ( Bereishith Rabbah 2) .

Telling stories about the Tzaddikim help s cleanse and purify the mind. But for every story about a Tzaddik we find a parallel story about a wicked person , because the realm of evil is a reflection of that of holiness. Thus we are told that Pinchas flew in the air, and the same is said of the wicked Bilaam, except that in his case it was through witchcraft. The ability to distinguish between light and darkness enables us to distinguish between stories about true Tzaddikim and those that are not.

To separate the light from the darkness requires the ultimate level of faith. This can be attained only in the land of Israel .

Likutey Moharan I, 234
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
Re: THE LAND OF ISRAEL
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 11:55:41 PM »
You are in Romania no or is it Poland?  I'd love to visit there before it gets ruined like most European pseudo-nations...  The fables and history of Vlad Tepes is quite interesting....similar to Mohammed...lol...
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 11:58:34 PM »
no im in Queens NY. Those quotes are from Rabbi Nachman of Breslov ZL.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 12:14:54 AM »
lol ok  :D
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 12:59:02 AM »
great quotes.