Author Topic: What will Jewish Israel give to the Pope/Vatican during upcoming visit?  (Read 7453 times)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: What will Jewish Israel give to the Pope/Vatican during upcoming visit?
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 08:10:10 AM »
bc3,

I will attempt to maintain a civil discussion with you. But once again it seems to me you have singled out what you want to hear (an attack on Catholicism) rather than listening to what I was trying to say. It is not an attack on Catholicism at all but I intended to alert Jews to the plan (which many Jewish leaders have not even started to discuss) concerning the giving of these 'holy' sites to non-Jewish nations.

I really don't understand why you chime in on every thread I post where I mention the RCC. For a number of weeks there have been many threads posted by others which make much stronger and offensive statements against the Pope, but you did not object... But if I mention the church, I am somehow a 'hater'.
Why did you call people here either ignorant or deceitful?  You did that.
Israel is a 'holy'  ::) place to Christians.  Not just Catholics.  That is a fact of life.
Do I think ownership of these sites should be given away to any group. No.
But can I understand their interest?  I guess so.
It is the leadership in Israels job to protect it's interests.

I have been a Catholic all my life.
Not once has my church parish ( and I have lived in two) encouraged a pilgrimage to Israel.
You make it sound like there is a secret conspiracy amongst all Catholics to 'steal away' land in Israel.  So, members here have a reason to be deceitful.  That is ignorant.

M613, I don't care about the Pope threads.
Look at most of the titles.  They make us look rediculous.
I, also, don't care about legitimate civil discussions of the Catholic church.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 12:04:46 PM »
Why did you call people here either ignorant or deceitful?  You did that.
Israel is a 'holy'  ::) place to Christians.  Not just Catholics.  That is a fact of life.
Do I think ownership of these sites should be given away to any group. No.
But can I understand their interest?  I guess so.
It is the leadership in Israels job to protect it's interests.

I have been a Catholic all my life.
Not once has my church parish ( and I have lived in two) encouraged a pilgrimage to Israel.
You make it sound like there is a secret conspiracy amongst all Catholics to 'steal away' land in Israel.  So, members here have a reason to be deceitful.  That is ignorant.

M613, I don't care about the Pope threads.
Look at most of the titles.  They make us look rediculous.
I, also, don't care about legitimate civil discussions of the Catholic church.

I have nothing but support for the catholics here on this forum.... I hope more Catholics join.

But I have always dissliked the catholic leadership.... and I NEVER trusted or like this new pope.   He seems like the most dishonest politician (like there are any other kinds).

At one point he said.... Catholics need to stop 'fixating' over abortion.   WHAT?????   What kind of 'religious' man would say this??  Let's stop fixating on the mass murdering of the most innocent of humans.   He is dirt.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2014, 12:52:34 PM »
bc3,

Examine the thread, there was a member (who I will not name) who attempted to say that there is no desire nor a plan for the transfer of Jewish land to the vatican. To be for it, or against it is one thing, to pretend (or attempt to deceive us) that it is not a reality is what I was referring to.

And I have nothing against Catholics (or Christians of any denomination) visiting the land of Israel. I know several Catholics at my work who have related to me their experiences visiting Israel, and I support them. I am absolutely AGAINST giving the deed to the property to any nation, including the RCC...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2014, 06:33:18 PM »

I have nothing but support for the catholics here on this forum.... I hope more Catholics join.

But I have always dissliked the catholic leadership.... and I NEVER trusted or like this new pope.   He seems like the most dishonest politician (like there are any other kinds).

At one point he said.... Catholics need to stop 'fixating' over abortion.   WHAT?????   What kind of 'religious' man would say this??  Let's stop fixating on the mass murdering of the most innocent of humans.   He is dirt.
Briann, I can fully appreciate your feelings in regards to this Pope.
Making a 'play on words' out of his name (constantly) isn't funny to me though.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2014, 07:08:50 PM »
This thread is being handled very well! :)
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2014, 07:10:05 PM »
no the pope hasn't said anything about acquiring land from Israel, this rabbi's fears are baseless.
Did you convert from muslim to Catholic?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 12:40:34 AM »
Majority of the holy Christian places are held by the Orthodox Churches...visiting the holy land is a must in Orthodoxy if you have resources and good health...the Jews had shown to the world how democratic nation they are by looking after these holy places and not stealing but paying the rent to those who invested in buildings and lands on the Jewish teritory in the past.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,