Author Topic: In California, Muzzleloaders Are Not Considered Firearms  (Read 17923 times)

Offline Joe Bruno

• Junior JTFer
In California, Muzzleloaders Are Not Considered Firearms
« on: January 30, 2014, 02:33:12 PM »
California law classifies muzzleloaders(black powder guns) as antiques, even the reproductions.

So, if you live in Calif., you can defend yourself with a muzzleloader and avoid all the laws that restrict modern firearms. At close range, they are just as effective as modern guns, and much
less expensive. It takes a little more work to load them, but the difference is worth it.

You can get a blackpowder revolver for $150. A modern gun will cost you $400.
Si vis pacem, parabellum
(if you want peace, prepare for war)
          Vegetius Renatus

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: In California, Muzzleloaders Are Not Considered Firearms
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 03:33:55 PM »
California law classifies muzzleloaders(black powder guns) as antiques, even the reproductions.

So, if you live in Calif., you can defend yourself with a muzzleloader and avoid all the laws that restrict modern firearms. At close range, they are just as effective as modern guns, and much
less expensive. It takes a little more work to load them, but the difference is worth it.

You can get a blackpowder revolver for $150. A modern gun will cost you $400.
I saw someone fire one of them years ago and to be honest I think at close range a baseball bat would be a far better choice... If all the moons and stars line up just right and it the person who is trying to use it is having their lucky day the thing might actually fire... Life and death situations require weapons that work every time.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Joe Bruno

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 05:44:08 PM »
I saw someone fire one of them years ago and to be honest I think at close range a baseball bat would be a far better choice... If all the moons and stars line up just right and it the person who is trying to use it is having their lucky day the thing might actually fire... Life and death situations require weapons that work every time.

I've owned muzzleloaders for years.Occasionally, the flintlocks do fail to fire. However,
those with percussion caps fire every time.Remember, we fought the Civil War, the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 with muzzleloaders.
Si vis pacem, parabellum
          Vegetius Renatus

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 11:47:38 AM »
You can also get 45 long colt interchangeable cylinders for some black powder pistols. Like this... http://www.midwayusa.com/product/123201/howell-old-west-conversions-conversion-cylinder-45-caliber-ruger-old-army-black-powder-revolver-45-colt-long-colt-6-round-stainless-steel

Warning, not sure if it's legal in some states...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Joe Bruno

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 01:21:41 PM »
You can also get 45 long colt interchangeable cylinders for some black powder pistols. Like this... http://www.midwayusa.com/product/123201/howell-old-west-conversions-conversion-cylinder-45-caliber-ruger-old-army-black-powder-revolver-45-colt-long-colt-6-round-stainless-steel

It is dangerous to use modern smokeless powder in guns made for black powder.
The steel used in muzzleloaders is not designed to handle those higher pressures.
Si vis pacem, parabellum
          Vegetius Renatus

• Silver Star JTF Member
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 02:49:11 PM »

"Note: This conversion cylinder is for BLACK POWDER cartridges or black powder equivalent cartridges (also called Cowboy Ammunition) with lead bullets on a steel frame revolver ONLY."

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 03:44:58 AM »
Californians are making so much progress..   :dance: :dance:   :laugh:
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.