Poll

Should Chaim use a handheld microphone on the YouTube broadcasts?

Yes, I like the microphone.  Keep it.
9 (60%)
No, I hate the microphone.  Lose it.
3 (20%)
I am technologically challenged and therefore unable to answer this question.  What's a microphone?
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Chaim's Microphone  (Read 3185 times)

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
Chaim's Microphone
« on: July 29, 2007, 08:12:01 AM »
I personally don't like the use of a handheld microphone and think that Chaim would look and be more comfortable if he had a clip-on.  What do you think?
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: Chaim's Microphone
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 04:07:43 PM »
I think the hand-held microphone is fine, but a clip-on would maybe look more professional.  I think he wants that underground sort of look, he's said in the past that that's how the videos on YouTube are and that's the feeling he wants for the videos.  I suppose using clip-on microphones would be fine as long as they were bought for Chaim and David by JTF members.   
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 02:23:58 PM »
I like the hand held microphone. Keep with it.

newman

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 02:33:51 PM »
I like the hand held microphone. Keep with it.

Me too. I like that the show appears to come from a basement. People say "wow, these guys are doing this with their own resources". That underground look is homey.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 05:51:24 PM »
Maybe a clip-on mic would look more professional, the background I think is also too unprofessional as well.
Minor changes could bring in many more viewers... People sometimes don't even give JTF a chance just by the way the set looks, with the meager resources they don't believe WE can't achieve anything.
I know these things might mean very little to True Believers in JTF, but we are trying to attract NEW members and a vast audience demands more. What do you think?

kellymaureen

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 06:30:30 PM »
I like the handheld mic, he looks perfectly at ease with it and quite frankly I just tune in to hear what he has to say, not really what the set or anything else looks like, though a more professional look may attract new people, it doesnt matter to me....ok and Ill admit, I also like to see what hat he will be wearing too :)

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 08:12:06 PM »
I like it just the way it is... but I'm a fan either way!
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

newman

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 02:37:12 AM »
I just like his youtube messages period.
Oh and I like the handheld mic too. I guess I like everything about it, the clips make my day.
Of course he could keep the hand held mic on a mic stand.

Get on the 'introduce yourself' board, Mills and tell us about yourself.

Offline MARINO

• Junior JTFer
  • "Semper Fi"
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 09:09:07 AM »
I like the shows as is , Chaim is very funny and informative. He should have his own primetime show!

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 02:14:07 PM »
I totally agree, Marino!
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 07:16:48 PM »
In my opinion I don't like the hand held microphone because of "huffs" the sounds made when Chaim accidently blows into the mic. Also when speaking the words that begin with the letters "p" or "t" tend to cause the worst "popping" sound. If you ever watch videos of singers in the studio singing into the mic, you will see what is called a "popfilter" in front of the mic. This cuts the pops and the breathing into the mic out.

http://www.popfilter.com/ is the web address to get one. You can also go lowtech, and take a wire coat hanger, make it into a loop , and place a sock over it. I do that sometimes in paltalk, it cuts out the pops extremly well, but if it was on video, I'd look like a total moron lol. The latter is excellent for non video productions.

The audio mixing program I use is called Mixcraft. http://acoustica.com/ I have mixcraft 3, it was 50 dollars and it's worth every penny. The company could easily charge double for the program. As far as video editing I use vegas movie studio, it was around 100 $ and worth the money as well. The "underground" look of Chaims videos is what attracted me most in the beginning, but in all honesty I'd like to see them get better sound  and lighting. Personally I don't care if Chaim spoke into a tin can, I'd listen all day long to him. A little "updating " never hurt a production, whether in video or audio.  It also depends on the target audience you want to hit. Men look towards the more visual aspects of film, women are more interested in the message itself, in my opinion. When it comes to audio only, people want to hear a message with quality audio.  Just one mans opinion, I'll pass this on to my Wife to see if I made any sense. ;) Love the forum.

Jeff
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 08:59:12 PM »
Funny - I like when I hear the huff sound -  ;)
It sounds expressive to me...but your post was very interesting Mosquewatch.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 09:30:26 PM »
bullcat3 , Chaim could use 2 tin cans and a string and speak, I'd be listening too every word. Chaim is a great person with vision. His vision is something the leaders in the USA and Israel lack. Chaim has a spine of steel. I want the best of him too shine in video and in audio.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 09:44:18 PM »
bullcat3 , Chaim could use 2 tin cans and a string and speak, I'd be listening too every word. Chaim is a great person with vision. His vision is something the leaders in the USA and Israel lack. Chaim has a spine of steel. I want the best of him too shine in video and in audio.
Oh - I know that MosqueWatch - I meant no offense - I really like when I hear the huff sound (as strange as that may seem/it is expressive)...that is all I was saying.  2 tin cans with string and I'd be listening along with you.   ;)

newman

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 09:45:04 PM »

Too right. Anyone who suvives the Federal Pen' intact has (as the Italians would say)....'SOME stones'.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 09:55:09 PM »
No worries at all ! :) My name is Jeff, it's easier too text . I enjoy this forum a great deal, even when I agree with people or disagree with people. It is all good on this end of the internet !

Jeff

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 10:35:18 PM »
Thanks Jeff - Same here!