Author Topic: Michele Bachmann Tells The Truth About American Jewry  (Read 2372 times)

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
Re: Michele Bachmann Tells The Truth About American Jewry
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 08:05:56 PM »
She's a good ol' Iowan girl!

EB22 what is your blog?

אפרים בן נח ,  I don't have a political activist type of blog.   However,  I gladly would promote any good blogs.   I already have promoted the blogs of at least a couple of JTF Members.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 08:11:44 PM »
אפרים בן נח ,  I don't have a political activist type of blog.   However,  I gladly would promote any good blogs.   I already have promoted the blogs of at least a couple of JTF Members.
Ooops. I was doing things at home and looking at the forum on and off. I thought you said something about your blog.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »
Im surprised at all the apparent support for a woman who boldly and unashamedly supports the 'Two-State' suicide solution...

This is not someone who meets the level of Israel support of JTF...

I have been a Bachman supporter, but lets be real... She supports Israel committing suicide...

http://minnesotapeaceproject.org/congress-member-info/?member=8

Rep. Bachmann has voiced support for a two-state solution. At an event in California she said "I am convinced in my heart and in my mind that if the United States fails to stand with Israel, that is the end of the United States . . . [W]e have to show that we are inextricably entwined, that as a nation we have been blessed because of our relationship with Israel, and if we reject Israel, then there is a curse that comes into play. And my husband and I are both Christians, and we believe very strongly the verse from Genesis [Genesis 12:3], we believe very strongly that nations also receive blessings as they bless Israel. It is a strong and beautiful principle"
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 08:21:30 PM »
Ooops. I was doing things at home and looking at the forum on and off. I thought you said something about your blog.

No problem at all.   When it comes to multi-tasking,  practically no one struggles more than I do.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 08:23:50 PM »
Im surprised at all the apparent support for a woman who boldly and unashamedly supports the 'Two-State' suicide solution...

I have been a Bachman supporter, but lets be real... She supports Israel committing suicide...

muman,  in looking at the quotes Michele Bachmann provided in what you quoted,   that doesn't sound like someone who truly supports a two state solution.

Also,  check out the following video from one of the 2012 Republican Presidential Debates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DZD8D8T4eM

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2014, 08:53:45 PM »
No doubt Michelle is a very pro-Israel candidate. During last Presidential season I supported her..

In this thread I created back then I defended Michelle against the smear campaign..

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,56067.msg509714.html#msg509714
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2014, 10:54:46 PM »
Muman,

I did not intend to be insulting.  I was just writing from my own personal experience.  Everything I wrote was based on what I heard people around me saying at one time or another. 

The statement about the settlers oppressing the fakestinians was made by one of sister's in-laws at her annual  Passover seder. 

The comment about the fakestinians being under "occupation" was made by guy I was set up with on a blind date who lived in Israel for 12 years and who served in the IDF.  This is a guy who regularly reads "Haaretz, and who genuinely believes himself to be "pro-Israel."  He even said  to me that all the intellectuals in Israel read Haaretz.  (There was no second date after that.)

On another note, the rabbi at my Synagogue once gave a speech saying how proud he was of Israel's booming high tech industry.  That's all well and good.  Jews have always been smart and they've always valued education.  Unfortunately, he never followed up with that to stress how such a tiny Jewish state should not be handed over to savages.

Lisa,

I hope you are not insulting the Jews who I know, from a progressive shul, which held a Pro-Israel rally. I know them and they are nothing like what you describe. I suspect you did not intend to be insulting, but your message was extremely insulting to me.

I explained that I know these people and they genuinely support the state of Israel and believe that we must stand up against the pressure. My Chabad rabbi attended the event also.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2014, 11:03:39 PM »

She sees Israeli leaders who say it. Many people think it's like "You can't be more Catholic than the Pope". But Israel is not Catholicism. If they want to say they can't be more Jewish than the Sanhedrin and the Jewish sages, that would be more accurate. Judaism forbids a PLO state. The Secular Israeli authorities are not authorized to make rulings about what is Jewish and what is not.

Sarah Palin and many people who are seen as Tea Party people also say such things. I say blame the Israeli authorities. If Israel had normal leaders, it wouldn't matter what American politicians said anyway. If Israel had normal leaders, we would focus on domestic issues in the US and leave Israeli issues to Israel. Remember that American politicians are brainwashed by AIPAC. They think they can't be more Pro-Israel than the so-called Pro-Israel lobby.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2014, 11:44:39 PM »
Lisa,

I hope you are not insulting the Jews who I know, from a progressive shul, which held a Pro-Israel rally. I know them and they are nothing like what you describe. I suspect you did not intend to be insulting, but your message was extremely insulting to me.

I explained that I know these people and they genuinely support the state of Israel and believe that we must stand up against the pressure. My Chabad rabbi attended the event also.

My synagogue is Orthodox and held a Pro-Israel rally outside the synagogue. It was a joke. They were just saying how Israel is so humane to the Fakestinians and they just shoot rockets back. The local news station came and interviewed some people from the synagogue and then they interviewed me when I said you should have both sides. I said there will never be peace until Israel takes back the land and kicks the Arabs out. I don't remember how I phrased it but it basically what JTF says about paying them to leave. Then some woman from the "Israel committee" told me not to talk to the news people again. Her son also had an "Israel advocacy workshop". Rather than to know the facts to defend how we are right and the Arabs are wrong, it was just telling people how to refute the Apartheid claims. I wish the Apartheid claims were right. Then Israel would be in a better position and safer.

The rabbi of my synagogue also puts AIPAC garbage on the Shabbat announcements. Last year he organized a synagogue delegation to AIPAC's money wasting conference. Do you know how much good could be down with the millions AIPAC wastes on their pathetic conference? They advocate foreign aid. Why don't they just give their million of dollars to Israel? It's just like people pay millions for Obama campaigns and advocate for government aid to blacks. If they really cared about poor blacks, they would donate the money to the poor blacks rather than waste it on Obama's campaign.

The rabbi of my synagogue doesn't take a stand on politics because he says synagogues that take part in political stances would loose their tax exempt status. But political stances are also Torah. American rabbis like him are an authority on Jewish religious practice but are not an authority on the Land of Israel. If a rabbi doesn't take Rabbi Kahane's position on the Land of Israel issues, then their position is not based on Torah. Rabbi Kahane was an expert on the Land of Israel. Other rabbis are experts on Shabbat, kashrut, and Jewish family living.