Author Topic: Video Study for Parsha Tzav :  (Read 1996 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Video Study for Parsha Tzav :
« on: March 13, 2014, 03:06:54 AM »
Shalom JTF readers,

Once again I am starting this thread late. My good friend enjoys spending the evening at my home discussing holy topics, learning the latest news from Israel, the current conservative ideas, and having a good time... But I always tell him that on Wednesday night I enjoy starting the Video Study thread on JTF.

This week we are reading the portion of Tzav. This is the second parsha in the book of Vayikra/Leviticus and it continues with the laws of the priests (Kohanim) regarding the offerings on the altar.

From Chabads 'Parsha in a Nutshell':

http://www.chabad.org/parshah/article_cdo/aid/2858/jewish/Tzav-in-a-Nutshell.htm
G‑d instructs Moses to command Aaron and his sons regarding their duties and rights as kohanim (“priests”) who offer the korbanot (animal and meal offerings) in the Sanctuary.

The fire on the altar must be kept burning at all times. In it are burned the wholly consumed ascending offering; veins of fat from the peace, sin and guilt offerings; and the “handful” separated from the meal offering.

The kohanim eat the meat of the sin and guilt offerings, and the remainder of the meal offering. The peace offering is eaten by the one who brought it, except for specified portions given to the kohen. The holy meat of the offerings must be eaten by ritually pure persons, in their designated holy place and within their specified time.

Aaron and his sons remain within the Sanctuary compound for seven days, during which Moses initiates them into the priesthood.

As usual I will start by posting the most recent upload from Rabbi Richman of the Temple Institute in Jerusalem...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Video Study for Parsha Tzav :
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 03:29:43 AM »
Rabbi Chaim Miller from TorahInTen...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 02:46:31 AM »
I have been so busy with friends and other distractions yet I will make time for Torah study.

Rabbi Levi Chazan from Jerusalem...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 03:00:50 AM »
A short Shmuz from one of my favorite rabbis, Rabbi Shafier...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 03:06:03 AM »
The kind hearted Rabbi Machlis from Jerusalem gives a talk about Tzav...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 03:18:03 AM »
Studying Kabbalah before bed is good for the nefesh, good for the body...