Author Topic: "Who Wrote the Dead Sea Scrolls and Why Were They Forgotten?" by Rachel Elior  (Read 3102 times)

Offline yahtruth

• New JTFer
Rachel Elior is John and Golda Cohen Professor of Jewish Philosophy and Jewish Mystical Thought at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Israel Studies Professor for Spring Quarter 2013 at the University of Chicago Divinity School. She is teaching a course at UChicago, "Major Issues in the Study of Jewish Mysticism: Between Kabbalah and Hasidism." Professor Elior is the fourth visiting faculty member at the Divinity School's Religion and Culture in the Twenty-first Century: Perspectives from Israel program, made possible through the generous support of the Israel Studies Project of the Jewish Federation of Chicago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLit979B60Y

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Is this some self-hating thing? I mean I see "Jewish studies" at a goy religious college (Or maybe Secular so-called religious college.) and the Federation. We know those things are usually self-hating.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Is this some self-hating thing? I mean I see "Jewish studies" at a goy religious college (Or maybe Secular so-called religious college.) and the Federation. We know those things are usually self-hating.

From the other post of this user, I can tell that this Israeli so-called professor is indeed a self-hating Jew.

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,75139.msg628887.html#msg628887

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I suspect this user is a troll...

I say this because the users name 'yahtruth' sounds like the name of a xtian missionary. We know they use the name 'yah' as the name of Hashem, and they believe they have the 'truth'.

By attacking the Torah and the Oral tradition, they are trying to prove that Judaism is not the word of Hashem.

I will be the 1st to say this troll should be banned.

There is nothing to argue about here. We know that people are called 'professor' without having any real understanding of the topic they are professing. I read a little about what was written and I thought this is only the opinion of an opinionated, and biased, fool.

We have heard these ridiculous claims before, and they have been repudiated. Amalek tries to cast doubt in the mind of the Heaven fearing Jew, and this user sounds like a clear Amalekian type of individual.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
The Hebros also use the name Y-h. Don't the Rastafarians say Jah? They're basically a cult of the Hebros who believe the Emperor of Ethiopia was an incarnation of Yeshu. It reminds me of how he Nation of Islam believes Elijah Mohammad was an incarnation of Allah.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
There is an anti religious secular web site that uses the word emet, Hebrew for Truth as part of the name of their web site in order to try to gain credibility.
My hunch is that fans of  the heretic Elior, are connected to an anti-religious, secular group and not missionaries for X-tianity or a cult.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
""Yahtruth" - the names tells me all I need to know about the nature of that person. Jews don't use such names for fear of violating the third commandment among other concerns.