Author Topic: Study: Vegetarians Less Healthy Than Meat Eaters  (Read 5133 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Study: Vegetarians Less Healthy Than Meat Eaters
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2014, 05:01:16 AM »
if you're talking about lettuce, yes it does get digested......but to get "a lot of nutrients" you'd have to eat like a cow - you'd have to eat a lot. A lot meaning perhaps a head of lettuce every hour all day long.

I can't go on just vegetables. I have to murder some animal.

Iceberg lettuce doesn't have a lot of nutrition but other types of lettuce have more phytochemicals and minerals and vitamins.

I don't do well on a vegetarian diet either. I tried it three times and ended up going back to meat because I would do really well for a couple of months on it and then I'd start to feel bad and need meat again.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2014, 05:34:27 AM »
Allot of people become vegetarian or vegans AFTER they have already begun to suffer from health issues. The study disregards that fact. If you really want to compare different diets you should start with one age group (young adults) that belong to the same socio-economic status and same ethnic group, and follow the development in the course of years as they stick to their diet.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2014, 10:22:46 AM »
Allot of people become vegetarian or vegans AFTER they have already begun to suffer from health issues. The study disregards that fact. If you really want to compare different diets you should start with one age group (young adults) that belong to the same socio-economic status and same ethnic group, and follow the development in the course of years as they stick to their diet.
Veganism (so long as you are managing to get all the nutrients you need in your diet, which is tough but not impossible) is probably the very best diet for long-term health (especially cardiovascular), but very few people have the discipline for that and it's not the best diet for immune function. I don't think a diet with meat and dairy in it is necessarily bad.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2014, 11:00:45 AM »
Muman hit the nail on the head. Everything in moderation, some smaller does than others.

Ive cut down my red meat intake, but not completely. Why because red meat has a lot of Aminno acids, protein and iron in it. So in small doses, such as perhaps two portions a week should be ok.

If I only ate fruit and veg and no meat its surely difficult to get all your ammino acids and proteins. I also think DAIRY products in moderstion are healthy as they are a good form of Vitimin D.

What I think yu should eat the most of is fish and veg/fruit. As they pack most of the minerals we need.

But as Muman said. Everything in Moderation.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2014, 11:09:51 AM »
Too much of anything is no good.  Eating only meat is no good.  Eating an evgetarian diet too much is no good.  It's better if you just die now.  That way you won't have to worry about these stupid studies.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2014, 03:10:26 PM »
Veganism (so long as you are managing to get all the nutrients you need in your diet, which is tough but not impossible) is probably the very best diet for long-term health (especially cardiovascular), but very few people have the discipline for that and it's not the best diet for immune function. I don't think a diet with meat and dairy in it is necessarily bad.

No, wrong, vegan diets are the very worst for long term health.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2014, 05:49:45 PM »
well if a person is not working and has nothing better to do than they can go and figure out which vegetables can give them the nutrients they need to be healthy. For the rest of us who don't have time, just eat a lot of dark green vegetables and whatever else you usually eat.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2014, 06:40:58 PM »
It's not bad, some of the meat and fish foods are healthy in moderation. There are also vegan foods that are absolute garbage (ie salty deep fried potato chips).

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2014, 07:11:43 PM »
No, wrong, vegan diets are the very worst for long term health.
Almost nobody has the intellect, finances, nutrition knowledge, and willpower to do it right.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2014, 09:20:27 PM »
Almost nobody has the intellect, finances, nutrition knowledge, and willpower to do it right.

Because it's wrong. It's the stupidest concept on the planet as well. If you don't eat honey because bees make it, don't eat fruit because bees pollinate it, and it's their food too. The intellect required is clearly retardation, in the first place to see this as logical.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2014, 09:43:47 PM »
Because it's wrong. It's the stupidest concept on the planet as well. If you don't eat honey because bees make it, don't eat fruit because bees pollinate it, and it's their food too. The intellect required is clearly retardation, in the first place to see this as logical.
You haven't listened to Chaim much.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2014, 10:44:01 PM »
You haven't listened to Chaim much.

I decide health science based on health science, not Chaim. And I seriously doubt your sincerity.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2014, 10:56:25 PM »
I decide health science based on health science, not Chaim. And I seriously doubt your sincerity.
Did you miss your meds today?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2014, 12:35:21 AM »
Did you miss your meds today?

Like I said Stinks, never touch tynenol.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2014, 01:08:32 AM »
They say there is more people living past 100 years old than ever before and that none of them are vegetarian.. Statistics speak for themselves.
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2014, 12:49:09 PM »
The best natural diet are rocks, trees, and stars...

That, and a stuffed cabbage with cool mountain water.

:::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2014, 02:27:30 PM »
Unfortunately the vegan diets are also supposed to include the various types of Nuts, pulses, lentils, wheat, rice, dairy products etc. I am supposed to be a vegan, but to get the advantages of the non-veg, I generally eat one meat dish a week. I have eaten so much of eggs continuously for so many years that now either I am allergic to it or the medicated injections for the eggs have dastardly changed the medical characteristics of the eggs.       
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2014, 04:54:27 PM »
Unfortunately the vegan diets are also supposed to include the various types of Nuts, pulses, lentils, wheat, rice, dairy products etc. I am supposed to be a vegan, but to get the advantages of the non-veg, I generally eat one meat dish a week. I have eaten so much of eggs continuously for so many years that now either I am allergic to it or the medicated injections for the eggs have dastardly changed the medical characteristics of the eggs.       

Always buy it from a farmer you know, or have a couple chickens and feed them grains.