Author Topic: hi  (Read 8354 times)

Offline Ella

• New JTFer
hi
« on: April 06, 2014, 12:40:19 PM »
Hi
 am unsure weather i should be a member of this forum
Am looking for somewhere where i can learn about  the Jewish religion  am not sure if this forum has info about being Jewish   .... if anyone know of some place  i can get help for this id be grateful
also i tried google but didnt get anywhere

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 02:21:27 PM »
Welcome to our forum.

We have several members here who would be happy to answer questions for you.

Offline Ella

• New JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 03:18:11 PM »
Thank you
i know very little about Jewish people  i know of the Holocaust and the evil of the Nazis
i know a little about Passover from films like the ten commandments and prince of Egypt  but av never looked that far into it
I started to become interested in Judaism from the films prince of Egypt  made me angry at the way Jewish people where treated   
Then i saw Schindler list made me even more angry
i dont understand how anyone can do that  to another human being  if i feel this angry about i cant imagine how those who lost love ones to this
the first thing id like to ask is where do i start  is there anything i need to do to become Jewish ?
all my family are Christians and may not be happy about me  changing  my faith
but my husband is supportive
I am vegetarian  but  am not sure if that is allowed in Judaism  ?
I Know need to learn a lot
Id like to learn more about the Jewish faith and the Jewish people

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 09:40:26 PM »
Thank you
i know very little about Jewish people  i know of the Holocaust and the evil of the Nazis
i know a little about Passover from films like the ten commandments and prince of Egypt  but av never looked that far into it
I started to become interested in Judaism from the films prince of Egypt  made me angry at the way Jewish people where treated   
Then i saw Schindler list made me even more angry
i dont understand how anyone can do that  to another human being  if i feel this angry about i cant imagine how those who lost love ones to this
the first thing id like to ask is where do i start  is there anything i need to do to become Jewish ?
all my family are Christians and may not be happy about me  changing  my faith
but my husband is supportive
I am vegetarian  but  am not sure if that is allowed in Judaism  ?
I Know need to learn a lot
Id like to learn more about the Jewish faith and the Jewish people

Hi. I was born Jewish, but came out of your religion to make teshuva and become a religious Jews. You can find information on Judaism on the Torah and Jewish idea section, and then ask questions. Vegetarianism is allowed, but there are certain mitzvot where we have to eat meat, like the passover lamb.

Finally, I don't recommend you don't become Jewish. You don't need the headache. Unlike the "new" testament, Judaism never says you go to hell if you don't follow it, and it never says you'll become a better person if you convert. If you keep the 7 laws of Noah, which every righteous person before there were any Jews kept, you are guaranteed a place in the world to come, and you don't have to give money to anyone or do a lot of commandments that we do. I recommend watching the three previous shows, with an exiting 3rd one with a famous, and especially righteous Noahide all Jews are commanded to respect, on this website http://www.spreaker.com/user/beyondthematrix . Judaism is a really big amount of work that you don't need to take on yourself, because there's risks, but the laws of Noah you can keep right now without having to change the way your live very much.

Yes, your family will not be happy that you leave that religion, because according to the book, the reason you're here on earth is to believe a story that you can't prove, and if you don't you go to hell and are tortured forever. You can find more about where that idea really originates from in some of the shows I just linked to (and try to download them to watch, works perfectly).
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 09:58:15 PM »
Wow! Welcome, you brought up a lot of things we have been talking about lately. ..
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 10:01:45 PM »
Shalom Ella,

Welcome to the forum...

Judaism does not insist on people converting to be Jewish. But there are those who love our G-d so much that they want to do so. Being a true religious Jew requires you to take on the commandments, which Jews follow. We have counted 613 commandments (both positive and negative) which we are to follow in order to sustain our connection to him.

We have a forum on JTF where Jewish ideas are discussed, the portion of the Torah (the 5 books of Moses) are discussed, and many other interesting Jewish topics.

We do suggest non Jews study the 7 laws of Noach, and their related moral lessons, and you can decide if you would like to approach an Orthodox Rabbi to seek conversion.

Welcome again...

Muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 08:36:44 AM »
Hi.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision