Author Topic: Noam Federman, others arrested en route to Har Habayit  (Read 549 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Noam Federman, others arrested en route to Har Habayit
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 01:04:05 AM »
Rabbi Eliyashiv,ZT"L,ZY"A was a big gadol & posek,however being born in Lithuania he was a pachdan when it comes to Goyim.
Did he site any rational halachic reason? No.
I personally don't go because I am unsure which parts are mutar,however those that do go should go under halachic guidance a rov who knows.
I believe if Rabbi Moshe Feinstein,ZT"L,ZY"A did not rebuke his son in law Rabbi Moshe Tendler for going up I assume it is okay as if there was a problem Rav Moshe would have rebuked his son in law.
Rabbi Tendler does know the areas that are permitted.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 01:16:26 AM »
What does pachdan mean?
 Personally I don't see how he was so great. According to his worldview everything is basically Assur unless possibly proven otherwise. The ideology stinks and isn't based on solving problems.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 02:17:31 AM »
What does pachdan mean?
 Personally I don't see how he was so great. According to his worldview everything is basically Assur unless possibly proven otherwise. The ideology stinks and isn't based on solving problems.
Pachdan means coward or one who is afraid or scared.
I didn't say I agree with his ideology,however he was a great & respected talmid chochom.