Author Topic: Liberal Rabbi defends Michael Vick  (Read 3060 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Liberal Rabbi defends Michael Vick
« on: August 08, 2007, 05:21:24 AM »
Rabbis like this claim to understand Judaism.  Consequently, they give false credibility when other Jews ignorantly take the same positions as them on issues.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/2007/08/dumb_liberal_lo.html#comments
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 06:28:44 AM by RationalThought110 »

newman

Re: Liberal Rabbi defends Michael Vick
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 05:39:22 AM »
You need to post this in Lubab's board and hope he can explain where these loonies come from because I sure as heck can't.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 08:08:40 AM »
Youcan'nt use dogs for entertainment lik that,i think dogs are bleesed because they did'nt bark when the Israelis left Egypt Lubab might know more about this
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 08:23:39 AM »
Youcan'nt use dogs for entertainment lik that,i think dogs are bleesed because they did'nt bark when the Israelis left Egypt Lubab might know more about this

That's an orthodox view. I've read it in Rabbi Blech's book.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 08:58:57 AM »
O.K  because i know i heard it somewhere
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 09:23:26 PM »

Lubab should indeed see this thread and it probably should get moved to the Torah section of the forum.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 01:59:22 AM »
Could someone move this thread to the section of the forum that Lubab moderates?

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 01:35:23 PM »
Vick should pay a fine and spend time in jail for what he did, but only for what he DID and who he is.   As much as many of you would wish otherwise, being a highly-paid black athelete is still NOT a crime in the US.

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
  • "Lo ta'amod al dam re'echa"
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 08:51:30 AM »

That's an orthodox view. I've read it in Rabbi Blech's book.

Our view of dogs is quite varied..It's been said that dogs come from Eisav(esau) exactly in what way, I don't know. Also, dogs have the uncanny ability to sense when the angel of death is approaching, this is why Kayin(cain), had a dog with him after he killed Hevel(abel).
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? if I am for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? - Hillel, Pirkei Avos