Author Topic: Shiur- Parashat Shlach (Death Penalty to Terrorists)  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Shiur- Parashat Shlach (Death Penalty to Terrorists)
« on: June 17, 2014, 11:45:53 PM »

Listening in the beginning for now, sounds awesome.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Shiur- Parashat Shlach (Death Penalty to Terrorists)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 12:34:04 AM »
Awesome One Tag! I am watching now (20min into it)... Rabbi Mizrachi is speaking the truth about what we should do concerning these blood thirsty murdering arab terrorists. As a victim of terror myself I would revel in the sight of seeing all the terrorists hanged to death. Having been denied the ability to see osama bin ladens dead body I have not been given justice to this day.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 12:47:07 AM »
At 34minutes Rabbi Mizrachi explains the dvar torah I gave last Shabbat. One component in the reason the spies slandered the land was 'seeking Kavod/honor'...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 01:03:53 AM »
BTW, I notice the emblem on the tapestry behind the rabbi validates what you said in that conversation you posted earlier today. The emblem for Shimon is the city of Shechem.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 01:16:28 AM »
Alright... He lost me at 1hr when he started his diatribe against Breslov Chassidim. I don't really know why he knocks the entire Breslov movement because of one womans misunderstanding of why Jews go to Uman to be at the grave of Rabbi Nachman. In the very lecture he was talking about 'lashon hara' he himself engages in it. And while he knows that there is merit to go to the grave of a tzadik, he finds himself speaking lashon hara for several minutes to prove what?

I think I will write him about that in private though. He has done it on multiple occasions and it seems like a bad habit of his. Otherwise his teaching of Talmud and Zohar is generally acceptable.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 01:20:15 AM »
Ah I'm watching too. 1:10:00 into it.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 01:20:35 AM »
See what Rabbi Lazer Brody says about this years Rosh Hashanah regarding the current unrest in Ukraine. I am aware that Ukraine is not the place for Jews and that Ukraine hates Jews. I understand the desire to go and hope some day to be able to do so unless Geulah happens soon.

http://lazerbrody.typepad.com/lazer_beams/uman/

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 01:21:08 AM »
Ah I'm watching too. 1:10:00 into it.

Shalom LKZ,

Let me say 'Welcome back'...

I skipped over the rest of his diatribe and am listening at 1:05...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 01:41:35 AM »
Thanks for the pick. Didn't even notice it myself. Great to know how the emblems looked. I guess well just agree to disagree about the graves and uman trips and its different topic and elsewhere.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 05:54:09 PM »
Shalom LKZ,

Let me say 'Welcome back'...

I skipped over the rest of his diatribe and am listening at 1:05...

Thank you buddy. Hey you know any Jews that live in Montreal?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge