Author Topic: Florida Jury Awards 23.6 Billion Dollars to widow of smoker...  (Read 576 times)

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
What? This is ridiculous. Whats next suing McDonalds for making you obese?  Anyways, even if they were to compensate for his death it shouldn't be for 24 billion dollars, it should be for what he would be worth to make for the rest of his life.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-jury-awards-23-6b-verdict-big-tobacco-lawsuit-n160241

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Florida Jury Awards 23.6 Billion Dollars to widow of smoker...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 06:53:20 AM »
That's not even a class action suit. How did the jury cam up with this number? By my estimation it amounts to over $500,000 per cigaret the man had ever smoked.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 07:26:46 AM »
Even though this is ridiculous I am in favour of any case against these poison selling companies.
That's 23 Billion less they can spend killing people.  :dance:
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 08:19:31 AM »
Even though this is ridiculous I am in favour of any case against these poison selling companies.
That's 23 Billion less they can spend killing people.  :dance:
The companies don't shove the smokes down the people's throat... There is enough information out there that let's people know smoking is not healthful... 30 years ago people who smoked may have only had a glimmer off what the hazards of long term smoking caused but that no longer is the case... The third world is buying all the cig's Americans no longer do and then some... In the long run the companies are not really suffering all that much.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years