Author Topic: I am a student of The Rav  (Read 7336 times)

Offline Avoman

• New JTFer
I am a student of The Rav
« on: July 23, 2014, 02:39:05 PM »
The Rav HYD was murdered the night before my brit milah and although I obviously never met him, I consider myself his talmid. My rabbi in LA was the spiritual leader of the JDL and our shul was bombed by Arabs. Anyway, I don't care too much for politics but rather a Torah directed nationalism. I've read through many many of the posts here and I do not agree with many of things said and I don't think they are based in Torah however "v'ameich kulam tzaddikim," .......you are part of a good cause.

If anyone knows where I can get some decent quality JDL shirts, I would love to know. Some reason I can't find anything except fakes in these online shops.

And if there is anyone here who is well versed in the Rav's divrei Torah I would love to discuss and debate and gain clarity, either via email or in person (based in NY now).

Am Yisrael Chai

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
Re: I am a student of The Rav
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 04:28:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

About our members, remember what sort of people followed the Rav zt'l and David HaMelech. They may not have been the most polished but they fought for Am Yisrael and their hearts were filled with a love for Hashem.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: I am a student of The Rav
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 06:08:55 PM »
The Rav HYD was murdered the night before my brit milah and although I obviously never met him, I consider myself his talmid. My rabbi in LA was the spiritual leader of the JDL and our shul was bombed by Arabs. Anyway, I don't care too much for politics but rather a Torah directed nationalism. I've read through many many of the posts here and I do not agree with many of things said and I don't think they are based in Torah however "v'ameich kulam tzaddikim," .......you are part of a good cause.

If anyone knows where I can get some decent quality JDL shirts, I would love to know. Some reason I can't find anything except fakes in these online shops.

And if there is anyone here who is well versed in the Rav's divrei Torah I would love to discuss and debate and gain clarity, either via email or in person (based in NY now).

Am Yisrael Chai

WELCOME!! I've read all the divrei Torah on angelfire and reread them frequently. If there's any issue you have or some idea you want developed, please ask here, it would be my great pleasure.

Also, like Rabbi Kahane said "there's no such thing as politics in Torah". I agree that sometimes the tendency we all have to see acts as bad rather than acts of Hashem come out, so please comment on it, some thoughts do go unreflected, and it's a blessing to have someone to second-guess you.

Also, the JDL isn't what it used to be. I would really like the JTF logo on a shirt or kippah.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge