Author Topic: Rabbi Mizrachi's Interview With Arutz Sheva  (Read 36974 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Rabbi Mizrachi's Interview With Arutz Sheva
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2014, 08:20:30 AM »
As if on cue, http://www.divineinformation.com/parashat-massey-the-war-and-current-events-2/

Tell me you wouldn't give your right arm to see a PM Mizrachi.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2014, 10:55:32 AM »
In the earlier part of the 1900's, many great American rabbis would turn on lights on Yom Tov but they wouldn't turn them off. They thought it was like lighting a candle from an existing flame. So they would turn lights on and by the end of Yom Tov the whole house would be light because they couldn't turn them off. Starting a new flame and turning on a light on Yom Tov is only an Isur DeRabbanan. Putting out a flame and turning off a light on Yom Tov is an Isur D'Oraita.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2014, 11:06:05 AM »
In the earlier part of the 1900's, many great American rabbis would turn on lights on Yom Tov but they wouldn't turn them off. They thought it was like lighting a candle from an existing flame. So they would turn lights on and by the end of Yom Tov the whole house would be light because they couldn't turn them off. Starting a new flame and turning on a light on Yom Tov is only an Isur DeRabbanan. Putting out a flame and turning off a light on Yom Tov is an Isur D'Oraita.

It's from the Rabbis, because it won't be long before you start turning them off. Also, that's 2 sins, 1 to obey the Rabbis from the Torah, and 1 for not obeying their order. Also, the opinion may have changed, I don't know.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2014, 01:50:46 PM »
It's from the Rabbis, because it won't be long before you start turning them off. Also, that's 2 sins, 1 to obey the Rabbis from the Torah, and 1 for not obeying their order. Also, the opinion may have changed, I don't know.

Has to do with the technology and understanding it. R BarHayim says its assure. Rabbi Abadi says no until further notice
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2014, 11:09:14 PM »
The conserved and deform say electricity is allowed.

Dana is not a real person, I know someone who knows who it is, but won't say because he thinks we will speak lashon hara (and he's definitely right), and it's supposed to be a man in New York that goes around making fun of Haredi and Chassidic Jews and trying to get them to leave it. He puts the picture so he can get Jews to ask why he isn't dressed modestly, and then attack them and try to humilate them in public, which is his specialty in manipulation (not that he's actually that good at it, but it works a lot, with people that don't really want to keep mitzvot in the first place).

Zevi Chaim, I'm pretty sure that it is a real person, and he was in one of the best yeshivot in the States, and now supports "Modern open Orthodox", who are reform, and spends his life attacking Torah.

I feel bad for all the men who drool over his supposed "Dana" profile picture thinking she's an attractive girl.
I am very surprised Zevi Chaim is a real person though, I thought that was just a screename for whatever his real name is. Would you know anything about a "Diana Lopez"? Not like it matters, all those people strike me as odd in a way.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2014, 05:12:22 AM »
I feel bad for all the men who drool over his supposed "Dana" profile picture thinking she's an attractive girl.
I am very surprised Zevi Chaim is a real person though, I thought that was just a screename for whatever his real name is. Would you know anything about a "Diana Lopez"? Not like it matters, all those people strike me as odd in a way.

Zevi may be a fake name, but I couldn't get a straight answer out of people about his real identity after I asked for his SIN number, but apparently he comes from a really good family, and nobody knows why he turned into a rasha. I don't know Diana Lopez, but people assumed that a girl in England named that was really Dana Cohen, but I don't know anything about it.

Odd? They're trying to get Torah speakers banned from speaking. They were attacking an Austrialian Rabbi for saying what homosexuality is. They're coomplete reshaim.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2014, 02:43:42 AM »
Odd? They're trying to get Torah speakers banned from speaking. They were attacking an Austrialian Rabbi for saying what homosexuality is. They're coomplete reshaim.

Well, I meant they are odd in the sense of their strange profiles. Other than that, I agree with you completely about them being reshaim.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2014, 07:28:30 AM »
Well, I meant they are odd in the sense of their strange profiles. Other than that, I agree with you completely about them being reshaim.

OK yeah before I knew there was a lot of theories about them because indeed they are very suspect. They were also attacking Rabbi Mizrachi's proofs against the phony testament with Alter Croker Jewish Athiest (YS"V) and defending xtianity while attacking Judaism, so we thought that they were some sort of xtians getting revenge. It turns out they're just interested in doing anything to attack their own, and maintain discretion because if people knew, the only people that would marry them are deform converts from Saudi Arabia.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2014, 12:47:31 AM »
I had my doubts about them as well. It seems, however, that the majority of the followers they attract are either atheist or not even Jewish or had some fake conversion that they "rationalize" as being legitimate b’dieved blah blah. Not worth our time.
I guess "Dana Cohen" really is Jewish then.

Offline Rachel-613

• New JTFer
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2014, 03:03:12 AM »
Shalom, I'm a new poster here (as well as a BT of almost 6 yrs now, thanks to the music of Avraham Fried and Lipa).....but I do have an issue with some of Rabbi Mizrachi's lectures - now, when I became BT (from a secular home) I listened to all of the talks on 'Simple To Remember' as well as every one I could download from Chabad.org. I was in a 'very strange land' at that time - but back then, Chabad was all I had, online.
I definitely disagree with his definition of reincarnation (as per Chabad, Breslov, and Zohar/Kabbalah - not the 'madonna' kind, I assure you!!) and his misnagdim approach towards Tanya (and Ba'al Shem Tov/Chassidut)....but the words he speaks are emes. He says things most of us want to say, and know that are true, but dare not. I have the utmost respect for him - even though, through my stilted education, I disagree on many points, from a purely Chassidic point of view.
Who is right?
Still searching for the answer to that, especially these days........when it seems as though Eretz HaKodesh is all darkness....and the 'seculars' are expressing disdain for the secular government (as I do too - but I don't hold with 'secular' Jews...it's an oxymoron of the worst kind!!).

Please post links for more of Rav Kahana's talks and writings.......searching desperately here. We need Moshiach now, more than ever.....yet "Just One Shabbos" seems so far away. As for Tisha B'Av? How many 'seculars' do you think even thought about it, with all its implications?

Todah raba......

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2014, 05:30:26 AM »
Rachel-613 asked:
Please post links for more of Rav Kahana's talks and writings.......
Try to start with
http://www.rabbikahane.org/Movies.aspx?id=0
On that web site they also have a contact link.
Ask them where you can acquire the English translation of Ohr Haraayon
Which I believe is entitled the Jewish Idea in English.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2014, 10:22:05 AM »
Shalom, I'm a new poster here (as well as a BT of almost 6 yrs now, thanks to the music of Avraham Fried and Lipa).....but I do have an issue with some of Rabbi Mizrachi's lectures - now, when I became BT (from a secular home) I listened to all of the talks on 'Simple To Remember' as well as every one I could download from Chabad.org. I was in a 'very strange land' at that time - but back then, Chabad was all I had, online.
I definitely disagree with his definition of reincarnation (as per Chabad, Breslov, and Zohar/Kabbalah - not the 'madonna' kind, I assure you!!) and his misnagdim approach towards Tanya (and Ba'al Shem Tov/Chassidut)....but the words he speaks are emes. He says things most of us want to say, and know that are true, but dare not. I have the utmost respect for him - even though, through my stilted education, I disagree on many points, from a purely Chassidic point of view.
Who is right?
Still searching for the answer to that, especially these days........when it seems as though Eretz HaKodesh is all darkness....and the 'seculars' are expressing disdain for the secular government (as I do too - but I don't hold with 'secular' Jews...it's an oxymoron of the worst kind!!).

Please post links for more of Rav Kahana's talks and writings.......searching desperately here. We need Moshiach now, more than ever.....yet "Just One Shabbos" seems so far away. As for Tisha B'Av? How many 'seculars' do you think even thought about it, with all its implications?

Todah raba......
You aren't forced to like Rabbi Mizrachi to be on JTF, though I pretty much do in just about everything.

Do you not believe that reincarnation happens, or do you think some other form of reincarnation takes place? If you think it doesn't happen, how do you explain the concept of justice on earth (good things happening to bad people and bad things to good people)? Not trying to draw you out on this, it's just the Rabbi's question.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2014, 12:27:29 PM »
Rachel-613 asked:Try to start with
http://www.rabbikahane.org/Movies.aspx?id=0
On that web site they also have a contact link.
Ask them where you can acquire the English translation of Ohr Haraayon
Which I believe is entitled the Jewish Idea in English.

Amazon.com for sure has it
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2014, 09:05:22 PM »
Welcome Rachel-613...

I hope you will find JTF to your liking. There are many great talks by Rabbi Kahane on Youtube (which I suppose you may have already searched)...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2014, 02:09:54 AM »
Rachel-613 stated
Do you not believe that reincarnation happens, or do you think some other form of reincarnation takes place? If you think it doesn't happen, how do you explain the concept of justice on earth (good things happening to bad people and bad things to good people)? Not trying to draw you out on this, it's just the Rabbi's question.
If you look at the Biblical Book of Iyov/Job the text on the simple level, indicates that Iyov suffered because of some accusation of the accusing angel Satan and G-d sets out to prove Satan is wrong by putting him to the test.
When Iyov later asks G-d why did G-d allow all the suffering that came upon Iyov, G-d does not answer him reincarnation. Instead, he raises all sorts of issues of nature and science and basically says to Iyov, just as you don't understand how these things work, you don't understand my ways and are not capable of understanding my ways.
Without taking a personal stance on the issue of reincarnation, someone who does not accept the concept of reincarnation might simply say, I don't understand all the ways of Divine Justice, but that does not mean it is not Just, it merely means I have not reached the level of understanding to explain, why it is Just.
Our sages teach that the prophet Eliyahu, who was one of the few people who never died met with Rabbi Yehoshua Ben Levi and showed him all sorts of situations which made Rabbi Yehoshua Ben Levi ask Eliyahu, why was Bad befalling the Good People and Good befalling the Bad People?
In each of those situations, Eliyahu basically answered back, you Rabbi Yehoshua Ben Levi focused in on those situation based on a limited understanding of what was going on with that person and his community. Once he was filled in on the entire background of the people involved and the effects of getting something "good" or "bad" from G-d would have, he saw things in a different light.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2014, 03:11:03 AM »
Welcome Rachel.
I am not sure if I understand about your question about Gilgul. You said you disagree on this from a purely Chassidic point of view? Maybe I misunderstood your statement since Chassidus would follow along with gilgul.

I am also confused by this statement: "and his misnagdim approach towards Tanya" are you talking about Rabbi Mizrachi or someone else?

We all have the freedom to disagree. Some people agree with Rabbi Mizrachi, some don't. I love him but I can respect people who say they disagree with him. No big deal to disagree.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2014, 01:00:01 PM »
Rachel-613 statedIf you look at the Biblical Book of Iyov/Job the text on the simple level, indicates that Iyov suffered because of some accusation of the accusing angel Satan and G-d sets out to prove Satan is wrong by putting him to the test.
When Iyov later asks G-d why did G-d allow all the suffering that came upon Iyov, G-d does not answer him reincarnation. Instead, he raises all sorts of issues of nature and science and basically says to Iyov, just as you don't understand how these things work, you don't understand my ways and are not capable of understanding my ways.
Without taking a personal stance on the issue of reincarnation, someone who does not accept the concept of reincarnation might simply say, I don't understand all the ways of Divine Justice, but that does not mean it is not Just, it merely means I have not reached the level of understanding to explain, why it is Just.
Our sages teach that the prophet Eliyahu, who was one of the few people who never died met with Rabbi Yehoshua Ben Levi and showed him all sorts of situations which made Rabbi Yehoshua Ben Levi ask Eliyahu, why was Bad befalling the Good People and Good befalling the Bad People?
In each of those situations, Eliyahu basically answered back, you Rabbi Yehoshua Ben Levi focused in on those situation based on a limited understanding of what was going on with that person and his community. Once he was filled in on the entire background of the people involved and the effects of getting something "good" or "bad" from G-d would have, he saw things in a different light.

That works if the guy was 40. How do you explain how a baby can suffer and die terribly?

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2014, 03:35:39 PM »
That works if the guy was 40. How do you e.  Ilain how a baby can suffer and die terribly?

Rambam explains its suffering for parents.

In the Talmud it says even Moshe Rabbeibu didn't understand suffering. If Moshe and the Talmud say they don't knowit  You think anyone else do?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2014, 03:52:19 PM »

Rambam explains its suffering for parents.

In the Talmud it says even Moshe Rabbeibu didn't understand suffering. If Moshe and the Talmud say they don't knowit  You think anyone else do?

But why would the baby deserve to suffer? Hashem can punish the parents however he wants.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2014, 04:21:56 PM »
It is believed that Moshe wrote Iyov...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2014, 04:25:18 PM »
Rachel-613 statedIf you look at the Biblical Book of Iyov/Job the text on the simple level, indicates that Iyov suffered because of some accusation of the accusing angel Satan and G-d sets out to prove Satan is wrong by putting him to the test.

I posted most of this dialog between Hashem and Iyov in another thread (to demonstrate that we cannot comprehend Hashem, rather we can only relate to him through our experience)...

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,76955.msg639749.html#msg639749

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2014, 04:27:32 PM »
BTW, I am in the 'gilgul' camp...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2014, 05:23:45 PM »
But why would the baby deserve to suffer? Hashem can punish the parents however he wants.

That's the thing perhaps it isn't really suffering.

Other opinions (I think it was Rav Saadia Gaon) say that the baby or person just gets compensated in the after life for suffering in this world.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2014, 05:33:58 PM »
That's the thing perhaps it isn't really suffering.

Other opinions (I think it was Rav Saadia Gaon) say that the baby or person just gets compensated in the after life for suffering in this world.

It cries and turns blue. It's suffering. We have proven that babies feel pain and emotion in the womb, and they logically would continue to do so after exiting and walking around.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2014, 05:40:32 PM »
It cries and turns blue. It's suffering. We have proven that babies feel pain and emotion in the womb, and they logically would continue to do so after exiting and walking around.

So?  Just because claiming reincarnation is a good excuse doesn't mean its correct and true.

+ the whole argument falls apart when I already mentioned the fact that Cain murdered Abel. If a similar situation happened today you and those like you could brush it off with the excuse of "gilgulim" , BUT in this case no one was before them besides Adam and Eve and they were alive at the time and one of them was murdered by the other.