Author Topic: Land for Peace: What is the Halacha?  (Read 16723 times)

Offline freedomannie

• Full JTFer
Re: Land for Peace: What is the Halacha?
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 05:23:20 AM »
WOW this entire thread is awesome and full of truths...sorry i have been away so long but my work takes most of my time these days but so thankful for my job! :-*
I am in love with Light as it has brought the curtains back from the darkness...i will always be free with the truth i now know and my heart is forever changed...I thank G-d for the light! <3 Always

Offline Zenith

• Full JTFer
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 07:50:31 AM »
I've read only the second post (the first with text)

I'd like to say something about this:

There is a commandment even to go to war to conquer the Land of Israel (Rambam Hilchot Melachim 5,1; Ramban Sfer HaMitzvot, additions to Mitzvot Asei 4). The Torah repeatedly instructs the Jewish People in the desert to ready themselves for the battle against the Canaanite nations to liberate the Land that was promised to our forefathers.

Well, there's a problem with this: it can work only if God is with Israel.
Remember Numbers 14:39-45, where it is also written:

Do not go up, for the Lord is not among you, [so that] you will not be beaten by your enemies.

And, as far as I remember, this would not be the first time the Jews would try to liberate their country. The Jews of the first centuries AD also believed they can break from the Roman Empire, but that attempt didn't work at all as expected. And, if I remember well, that was not the only failed attempt of the Jews that had bad repercussions to them.

So I believe that if the Israeli Jews would do something reckless, it's a great possibility that they would suffer a lot, no matter how much they trust that God would help.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline GunsAndRosesFan

• Senior JTFer
  • "In God We Trust In Him We Must Believe" (Stryper)
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 05:27:23 PM »
Even if it was for REAL peace, it would be against our Jewish Halacha... but what they do in Israel, is giving lands for NOTHING!!!! Crazy Israeli Jews.....
Islam is a a cancer that threatens humanity with its complete intolerance, infinite jelousy and virulent odium.
Death to the cult of Satan! Death to Islam!